https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 03/04/21...

Started by WhiteJC, April 03, 2021, 12:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Quote from: whitejc on April 03, 2021, 12:51:00 AM
Parker convinced there's more to come from Loftus-Cheek

Scott Parker insists there is a lot more to come from Ruben Loftus-Cheek – and has challenged the on-loan Chelsea man to prove it.

Loftus-Cheek has scored just once since he joined Fulham in October – and that was with the aid of a deflection in a 3-2 home defeat by Everton.

But the Whites head coach was quick to defend a player who he also admitted has taken time to make an impact at Craven Cottage

"Ruben is a player for me that's grown," Parker added.

"He had a lot to prove. He had a lot on his shoulders. It was slow for him, but I've been very pleased with him and what he gives to the team.

"There's still a lot to come, but I'm not going to sit here and say Ruben's the finished article.

"At times we want more. Ruben wants more. Someone who's dedicated to improve himself is a good marker for me.

"People judge radically if someone has half a bad game or a dip, and in this world you can lose sight of the good things and what they can do.

"(Coming up) there's a big eight games for him."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/parker-convinced-theres-more-to-come-from-loftus-cheek
RLC is the proverbial Marmite player. There are times when he shows true quality, with the ball at his feet running at the opponents he is probably the best in the Club, but, final ball is not up to the standard you expect from an international player and 0 assists tells a huge story. Only the 1 goal is also an indictment although he has had a few shots blocked and cleared off the line so some would say he has been a bit unlucky. My biggest moan is his reluctance to challenge for the ball and while that has improved recently his weakness in the air for a big man is criminal and there are times when he won't even challenge for the ball.
Do I like him and the answer is yes happy to see his name on the team sheet but maybe only because I can't think of anyone else better who isn't getting a game.