watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jesse Lingard is everything Ruben Loftus Cheek isn’t

Started by RAY Rock ????, April 05, 2021, 11:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY Rock ????

He has the bit between his teeth he is determined and wants to score goals . Ruben wake up please. Also have Willian Jose to score his first premier league goal on Friday as fulham are the team that keep on giving . We need a tactics change and go for it more

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

roberto w6

Lingard went to West ham determined to show ManU what they were missing and ram it down their throat

When I saw RLC come on in the game vs Everton in Nov/Dec, I thought he was up for it in that same way. Alas it hasn't happened

bog

I used to think Lingard played for England as he played for Man Ure. What do I know? He is quality and has shut me up, he should have come on v Poland after 65 mins. If Maguire had not have scored then the media would have had a right go at Southgate for not doing so.

As well, when Moyes went back to there I laughed out loud.....  :doh:

092.gif   

filham

Beginning to think that perhaps RLC's only real objective this season is to get fit for a return to the Bridge next season.
He really has promise and comes close to being a strength in midfield but just doesn't quite deliver.

LC

I wanted Lingard here in January but not many on this board agreed. I think he's a good player but a completely different player to RLC, you can't compare them.

Colton F.C.

Quote from: LC on April 06, 2021, 07:35:45 PM
I wanted Lingard here in January but not many on this board agreed. I think he's a good player but a completely different player to RLC, you can't compare them.

You are absolutely right.  Lingard is a livewire dynamic player that always has a smile on his face while RLC has err..... none of those qualities.

jarv

I agree, Lingard was there for the asking.  Not sure why manu let him go and hung on to their misfiring forwards.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Bill2

Quote from: filham on April 06, 2021, 09:41:04 AM
Beginning to think that perhaps RLC's only real objective this season is to get fit for a return to the Bridge next season.
He really has promise and comes close to being a strength in midfield but just doesn't quite deliver.
The way he is playing he will be lucky to make the bench, he is OK for us but not for a top 6 team.

JimOG

Quote from: Bill2 on April 08, 2021, 01:15:57 PM
Quote from: filham on April 06, 2021, 09:41:04 AM
The way he is playing he will be lucky to make the bench, he is OK for us but not for a top 6 team.

Chelsea friends (I know - I hesitated to use the term) really don't rate him now. They think he'll follow Hector on the loan circuit

ALG01

Quote from: LC on April 06, 2021, 07:35:45 PM

I also wanted lingard and was amazed that the MB seemed not too. He is different to RLC, for one thing he makes a contribution that is obvious and for another knows where the goal is.

Craven Mad

RLC is just a bit of a passenger really... His silky sideways dribbles might be okay in a team where others are doing the heavy lifting but, the opposite of Lingard, RLC lacks the ability to grasp a game and become the main man when others around him aren't as good.

If Ruben could just bring more energy and always focus on dragging the team forward, he'd be a hell of a player. Sadly, he seems content to under-commit and lacks the guile to be any sort of threat.

clarkey

If only we had gone for Linguard. He was exactly the opportunity we needed.

I said it then and we missed him. Did not even bid. If we had spent big on his wages we would not be where we are now.

Lose tomorrow, that's it.