more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin error/s

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, April 06, 2021, 03:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Why are some of you chastising him ?

Compare his errors to Mings on Sunday for Mitros goal, and Mings is a current England international.

All players make mistakes, but Tosin has been excellent overall this season and now he's in the spotlight
of some moaners.
Let's hope he doesn't read  this board otherwise his 'young' confidence will be damaged.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

If they'd lost, Mings would have been castigated by their fans, I'm sure.

But i don't think anyone really wants to have ago at Tosin - he's a young, inexperienced player, and has performed so well for most of the season, as you say, which gives  fans positive  expectations.

But it was defensive errors that cost us again, being caught playing it out from the back, when opponents pressed us, so  posters are bound to comment n this, when  the loss , after being in front, was so crucial, and hard to take.

But you're right, everyone makes mistakes, and i don't think any Fulham players should be abused on here.
Is there a thin line  between  pointing out a player's errors and abuse?

WEll, we all know that some players are targeted and made scapegoats, and some  of the comments amount to personal abuse, and of the manager too. Though I haven't thought that has happened to Tosin, so far anyway.

But i think people are  dismayed that he was so good, and now seems  prone to error, as does Andersen to an extent.
Well, this happens in football-  confidence is so important, and have such an effect on players, as well as how the rest of the team is performing, and defenders and keepers  mistakes can lead to goals conceded, unlike other players.

I also think opponents have cottoned on that playing from the back means our players can be forced into errors if  they get several opponents around them , pressing them.
The defenders are told to play in this style, so maybe we should  think about this.

But i don't agree with  personal abuse of players, or just focussing on their faults.

If they do their best, then that should be good enough, but fans are bound to point out crucial errors that cost us games. But, you're right, we should remember all the good things they've done, even v Villa, when we kept a clean sheet for  three quarters of the game, and took the lead.

I doubt if players read this board, and they probably think fans don't know what they're talking about anyway.

Milo

Isn't the first time though for Tosin.

But he is still very young.

Reality is we were all a bit miffed and have probably calmed down a bit now!

FFC In Oz

He has been impressive for large periods of this season.

But that is now the third game in a row with an opposition goal directly attributed to a mistake from him.

Also, if we had won, we wouldn't need to criticise him, you know, because of the 3 points.

He's young, and talented, but it's time for Kongolo to come in and partner Andersen.

Maidstone Lee

He needs a rest to work on some arears, bring in Kongolo for a game. These mistakes are not a one off.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

toshes mate

The blame game has no limits among those with closed minds.  Of course Adarabioyo can be criticised for his mistakes if you believe that criticism will make him better.  To own such a belief you must among those closest to the lad on a daily basis or perhaps have the ability to be constructive by offering advice as to how the mistakes can be reduced or stopped altogether.   That would at least make interesting reading.

My own view of Sunday's game was that the team orders following Mitro's goal seemed to be the wrong ones when you look at what didn't happen after he scored.   We didn't maintain existing shape and/or switch to a game plan to one which encouraged Villa to attack us so we could catch them on the break.  There seemed to be a notion on or off he pitch that we could soak up pressure and see out the game without scoring a second or even a third goal and recent history says we don't always come out too well when we concede.   In such circumstances surely it would be better to look to score more goals rather than sit back and cross fingers.

I would be asking questions about team orders rather than believing that anyone on this planet knows the secret about how you stop people making mistakes ...

MJG

He made an error and I have watched it a few times now and I can only think he looked to play it to Aina but as Aina was back peddling he didnt(or couldnt in that split second think where to ..) play it and got caught.
But his wasnt the only error in the move. leman switched off and let teh goalscorere who was a yard behind him the box just sprint away and never picked him up.
tete had mioved well forward but when it was clear the play was going worng he just stands there looking at things and the goal is scored in his position with him some30/40 yards behind.
Not the first time that player has been nowhere to be seen when a goal on our right has been scored.

In an ideal world a player of his age would have another 50 or more games under his belt, but hes still learning and also hes playing a lot of games. We havent got good or fit enough players it seems to give him a rest, but again its about having faith in what we have seen before and hope he comes through this stronger. Wasnt long ago many on here and on Twitter were claiming these two as the new thames barrier and Andersen as the new Brede, takes time to reach those comparrions and some rushed to judgement too early on them. They may turn out that way, but far too early to say.
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

That defeat was a team effort with our attack playing a major part. I seem to remember a missed chance for a second goal just before their equalizer that could have sewn the game up for us.

jarv

Tosin, excellent player with a good future with Fulham. Will become a fans favourite soon.  As stated, all players make mistakes.

Woolly Mammoth

I have no problem with Tosin, he is a key player in my book. There is not a players in the history of football that does not have a period where their mistakes can be costly, even the very very great players will also have periods of adversity it happens and when it happens they need support and encouragement no matter who they are.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

simplyfulham

Here is my go at explaining away the second Villa goal. Tosin makes a mistake, I'm not denying that, but I think it's an understandable one in the circumstances and there are several small mistakes that have already happened before Tosin has received the ball.

Tosin's first thought when he receives the ball from Lemina is can I get it to Aina. He's also made a judgement that he knows roughly where Watkins is and given how quick Watkins is, he makes a judgement that he can't risk the ball back to Areola in case it's intercepted.

It's worth noting that Villa press really well this season and we basically just forgot about that. They press very well here high up where RLC is pressed by McGinn (?), Aina is pressed by Traore and Tosin is pressed by Davis all while Watkins is lurking in between our centre halves. Villa are set up in a very good position.

Tosin's makes the mistake of getting the angle wrong as he tries to take the ball away from Davis and misjudging how quickly Davis is closing him.

For me RLC makes two key errors in the build up to their goal, Aina maybe makes a slightly bad decision but an understandable one but there is a question of why the midfield 3 are so deep yet our backline are very high.

RLC receives the ball from a knockdown from Reed. Initially he's under little pressure but a very poor first touch allows the Villa player to close him and harry him. He has two options on the ball from here as he begins to dribble into a crowded area in the middle of the pitch - 1. Play the ball out wide into the space that Tete is moving into unmarked or 2. Play to Lemina's feet who with Trezeguet (the goalscorer) close behind him.

Tete has left the player he's marking, but he's done so to get into space to receive the ball. Aina has made the opposite decision, he could make the run in behind Traore to find space or pull Traore away. I think both decisions are valid but both have obvious consequences. |

RLC should have played the ball out to Tete but he is not good enough to have picked out his run.

ALG01

In each of the last three games he has made bad errors.
I do not think his age is a factor, they werew schoolboy style.

Do I think he is a good player, Yes
Should he play the next game, yes
I feel sure he will have llearned from it.
Time to let this subject  go, he doesn't need to be defended, he needs to be his best.
I think we are better with him than without and suspect he will become a very good long term addition to the squad.

simplyfulham

Quote from: ALG01 on April 06, 2021, 03:08:07 PM

Time to let this subject  go, he doesn't need to be defended, he needs to be his best.
I think we are better with him than without and suspect he will become a very good long term addition to the squad.

Genuinely just out of curiosity, what errors did he make in the Leeds game as I can't remember him making one of the top of my head.

WindyCity

I think Tosin will become a pretty good player, and it's true, he's still quite young, BUT, he does deserve some criticism.  He looks very unsure of himself on the ball moving forward looking to make a pass.  And it's been like that all season.  Needs to improve this part of his game!  Oft times he barely gets the ball off just before a defender has negated his effort.  And of course, we've seen his pocket picked on a number of occasions, some of which proved costly.  Whenever he's on the ball moving forward he makes me very nervous.  Just want to see him get rid of it before someone snatches it from him.......

simplyfulham

Quote from: WindyCity on April 06, 2021, 05:44:08 PM
I think Tosin will become a pretty good player, and it's true, he's still quite young, BUT, he does deserve some criticism.  He looks very unsure of himself on the ball moving forward looking to make a pass.  And it's been like that all season.  Needs to improve this part of his game!  Oft times he barely gets the ball off just before a defender has negated his effort.  And of course, we've seen his pocket picked on a number of occasions, some of which proved costly.  Whenever he's on the ball moving forward he makes me very nervous.  Just want to see him get rid of it before someone snatches it from him.......

How much of it do you think is illusionary?

Because of his tall skinny frame, I reckon he looks more awkward on the ball than he actually is. His numbers stack up really well next to Anderson and the data would suggest they are both very similar players. From the numbers Tosin's passing is fractionally better while Anderson's carries with the ball are slightly more adventurous and a bit more successful.

Of course there's things for him to improve and of course he'll get better, but I just think people are more likely to 'see' issues in his game that may or may not be there because at times he looks a little ungainly especially in comparison to Anderson.

grandad

I said in another thread that Tosin reminds me of the early days of Hangeland. Tosin is good at defending in the air.He anticipates crosses but with the ball at his feet & under pressure he can be undecided what to do with it. He will become a better overall central defender in time. I think he may need a game on the bench to get his head back together. He was visibly gutted with his mistake.
Where there's a will there's a wife

sonnyjim

Don't muck about with the ball in defence, it's as simple as that. All this passing back to the goalkeeper and trying to play out of defence will never work for us.

The Rational Fan

Rodak, Aina, Anderson, Tosin, Robinson, Onamah, and Maja are all players that are yet to peak in their football careers. They will make fewer mistakes in a few years, so I really hope we can get them to love the club and give their best years to the club. Fans not beating players up every time they make a mistake may mean they stay. Tosin will be one of the best defenders outside the Big Six Clubs in five years, fans need to work to keep him.

ALG01

Quote from: simplyfulham on April 06, 2021, 03:11:59 PM

Genuinely just out of curiosity, what errors did he make in the Leeds game as I can't remember him making one of the top of my head.

Well whilst he is not the main culprit for their second he had the opportunity to put it away for a corner but simple fluffs the chance.

the first though he does not mark  bamford properly. Robinson is calling him but he does not watch him but ball watcjhes instead, it wasn't good.

so both goals he could and should have done better.

simplyfulham

Quote from: ALG01 on April 07, 2021, 02:14:22 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on April 06, 2021, 03:11:59 PM

Well whilst he is not the main culprit for their second he had the opportunity to put it away for a corner but simple fluffs the chance.

the first though he does not mark  bamford properly. Robinson is calling him but he does not watch him but ball watcjhes instead, it wasn't good.

so both goals he could and should have done better.

Ok thanks for answering. I don't really think you can call the first goal an 'error' on Tosin's part. He's marking his man and when Bamford hits the ball Tosin is right by him. Let's be frank, Bamford has hit that extremely well to strike it so cleanly first time. If he's going to strike it that well first time then there is not much to be done in reality.

The error in that goal has already happened, two markers on one player have let him go at the throw in to allow Harrison to put the ball in. That's an error.

With the second goal, I think you're being a bit harsh.

He does go in with his wrong foot to make the tackle but he is dealing with a winger with exceptionally quick feet and Raphinha manages to shift the ball slightly away from him. Add to the fact Tosin is already in a 2 v 1 situation as Andersen has already gone to ground.