watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Norwich

Started by Lozzer, May 17, 2021, 10:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lozzer

Looking back I see they finished bottom of the Premier League with 21 points. A lot of their fans must have wanted to bin off the manager.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Lozzer on May 17, 2021, 10:30:14 PM
Looking back I see they finished bottom of the Premier League with 21 points. A lot of their fans must have wanted to bin off the manager.

You know what I'm going to say don't you.... Bet they've got a footballing DOF

We Are Premier League

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 17, 2021, 10:37:09 PM

Yes i think that is fair to say about Stuart Webber

CV:
Head of Youth Development Wrexham
Director of Recruitment at Liverpool
Head of Scouting QPR
Head of Recruitment Wolves
Head of Football Operations at Huddersfield
DOF Norwich

Nero

Quote from: We Are Premier League on May 17, 2021, 11:36:11 PM

Yes i think that is fair to say about Stuart Webber

CV:
Head of Youth Development Wrexham
Director of Recruitment at Liverpool
Head of Scouting QPR
Head of Recruitment Wolves
Head of Football Operations at Huddersfield
DOF Norwich

and has as many promotions as TK

FFC In Oz

They also had a much better squad to build around.

Players like Buendia, Cantwell. Pukki & Aarons in particular.

RoyTund

Just look at their style of football. There is a reason they stuck with him. We all know we got away with it last time in the championship under parker.

rebel

Quote from: RoyTund on May 18, 2021, 06:35:27 AM
Just look at their style of football. There is a reason they stuck with him. We all know we got away with it last time in the championship under parker.

But you forget, Parker has 20 years of notes taken during his time playing football to fall  back on.

The Old Count

Quote from: rebel on May 18, 2021, 06:38:40 AM

But you forget, Parker has 20 years of notes taken during his time playing football to fall  back on.
Don't you mean,' to pass back on' ?

Lordedmundo

I doubt it. I think their fans realised what a great job the manager did to get them to the Premier League with such a small transfer budget.

Here is a comparison of transfer income and expenditure for both teams over the last three seasons:

Norwich
18/19 season - £28.94m net income on transfers
19/20 season - £7.93m net expenditure on transfers
20/21 season - £29.71m net income on transfers

Total net income - £50.72m

Fulham
18/19 season - £100.04m net expenditure on transfers
19/20 season - £7.65m net expenditure on transfers
20/21 season - £33.53m net expenditure on transfers

Total net expenditure- £141.22m

Shocking figures really.  It does of course also illustrate what a terrible job our DOF has done in balancing the books; Even if we do generate £40m or so from selling Anguissa and Mitrovic, half of that will probably need to be spent on replacements in order to complete for 1st place in the Championship next season. As noted by others above - Stuart Webber appears to be doing a great job in replacing players that need to be sold after relegation.

filham

And a good cook on the board, perhaps that what we need to replace our tea lady.

Lozzer

They are shocking figures, but doesn't that prove a point?
We spunked a fortune last time in the Premier League on players who weren't sticking around in the Championship.

Parker inherited a right old mess.
Divided squad, had to get the players pushed aside back on board.
Had to get a squad together capable of promotion....which he achieved.

Jim©

Sorry, but it's a results business.
Look at Norwich's last season (with FFC in brackets thus far):
Goals for 26 (26)
Goals against 75 (50)
Points 21 (27)

Parker's got one bit of the jigsaw half completed, just needs to balance it with the other. I'm very much for keeping him to carry on the project rather than start again.

rebel

Quote from: Jim© on May 18, 2021, 01:20:02 PM

Sorry, but it's a results business.
Look at Norwich's last season (with FFC in brackets thus far):
Goals for 26 (26)
Goals against 75 (50)
Points 21 (27)

Parker's got one bit of the jigsaw half completed, just needs to balance it with the other. I'm very much for keeping him to carry on the project rather than start again.

That's exactly it, Parker got so much right at the right time, then we enter a period of winnable matches, that's exactly when things take a 'nose dive'. It's a monumental 'something' that's happened. 

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan