Parker apparently wants Sessegnon back

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, April 07, 2021, 11:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Quote from: Twig on April 08, 2021, 04:46:29 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on April 08, 2021, 03:43:13 PM
No thanks

Spurs reject thought he was better then us

Don't believe the hype, plus we got Onomah out of the deal who a far superior player

Onomah isn't fit to tie Sess' bootlaces (to quote a recent Blingoism).

Your forgetting the Onomah that ended last season, go back and watch a few games

Sess was worthless in the prem, he's too nice/soft and will never make it at this level

Onomah on the other hand has bags of potential plus the 25 million of coarse

filham

Pure fictional journalism and a lot of us are taking the bait.

Penfold

Quote from: perry geyton on April 08, 2021, 09:13:49 PM
No thanks

Don't believe the hype, plus we got Onomah out of the deal who a far superior player

Your forgetting the Onomah that ended last season, go back and watch a few games

Sess was worthless in the prem, he's too nice/soft and will never make it at this level

You slag off Sess and big up Josh's potential. You are aware that Josh is 3 years older?

Sess might not have had a good time for us in 2018/19, but was in his teens. Where was Josh plying his trade at that age?

perry geyton

Quote from: Penfold on April 08, 2021, 11:30:08 PM
No thanks

He was at Spurs and playing for the England youth team....

You slag off Sess and big up Josh's potential. You are aware that Josh is 3 years older?

Sess might not have had a good time for us in 2018/19, but was in his teens. Where was Josh plying his trade at that age?

I was his biggest critique at first but as time went on he got better and better to the point where he was one of my favorite players, bags of potential and with an eye for goal, one of the reasons Parker wanted him as he's known him for quite a few years

It's sad he has a couple of half games in the premiership after coming back from injury then everyone writes him off, same thing almost happened to Harrison Reed arguably our best player this season

Penfold

Quote from: perry geyton on April 09, 2021, 02:00:26 AM
Quote from: Penfold on April 08, 2021, 11:30:08 PM
No thanks

I was his biggest critique at first but as time went on he got better and better to the point where he was one of my favorite players, bags of potential and with an eye for goal, one of the reasons Parker wanted him as he's known him for quite a few years

It's sad he has a couple of half games in the premiership after coming back from injury then everyone writes him off, same thing almost happened to Harrison Reed arguably our best player this season

Was playing first team football as an 18 year old though was he?

Asotosyios

No thanks

If Sess was worthless in the Premier League as an 18-year-old playing under 3 different managers, how would you describe Onomah in the Premier League this year under a manager that is his biggest fan?

The Rational Fan

I dislike how British Fans want to give the kids a run on the field when they are too young and then the fans either write them before they have fully developed or the players gets injuried plaguing him fit his career. Let's develop players slowly, Ryan Sessegnon needs another season before he is premier league ready, and another season in the premier league before he can even be evaluated as good enough or not.

RaySmith

Young players often seem to not get a real chance to make the  grade, or  are overhyped too young, and then get burned out, and disappear from the top flight.

Ryan should have stayed at Fulham, like other young players maybe should, but I understand the pressure to move up when big clubs come calling, with agents maybe involved too.

Willham

Sessegnon did make a mistake in joining tottenham, I think of some players, januzai, Townsend etc.. the list is endless, the amount of young stars who disappear at big clubs.
You only need to look at grealish and aston villa to see what sessegnon could have done with our fulham.

Instead he'll be out on loan at clubs not entirely invested in his development.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 23, 2021, 02:21:13 AM
I dislike how British Fans want to give the kids a run on the field when they are too young and then the fans either write them before they have fully developed or the players gets injuried plaguing him fit his career. Let's develop players slowly, Ryan Sessegnon needs another season before he is premier league ready, and another season in the premier league before he can even be evaluated as good enough or not.

I fully agree with you.  Young players need to be brought on sympathetically and the develop at different rates, there's no one size fits all.  I do think Ryan made a mistake going to Spuds. A move wasn't a bad idea but the Bundesliga might have been a better choice or a club like Palace under a wise old manager like Roy. But of course there's always the temptation to chase the money.

alfie

Quote from: Twig on April 23, 2021, 12:54:31 PM

I fully agree with you.  Young players need to be brought on sympathetically and the develop at different rates, there's no one size fits all.  I do think Ryan made a mistake going to Spuds. A move wasn't a bad idea but the Bundesliga might have been a better choice or a club like Palace under a wise old manager like Roy. But of course there's always the temptation to chase the money.
Always the temptation of agents chasing the money.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Asotosyios

At the time, I thought Spurs was the best choice for Sessegnon. Surely a step up, but Pochetino was there who had a great reputation of developing and giving chances to younger players - I think that played a big role for Sessegnon to decide to go there.

The fact that Sessegnon was injured for the start of the season and Pochetino was sacked in November and Mourinho came in changed everything.

JoelH5

Quote from: Asotosyios on April 23, 2021, 01:48:53 PM

At the time, I thought Spurs was the best choice for Sessegnon. Surely a step up, but Pochetino was there who had a great reputation of developing and giving chances to younger players - I think that played a big role for Sessegnon to decide to go there.

The fact that Sessegnon was injured for the start of the season and Pochetino was sacked in November and Mourinho came in changed everything.

Yes I think people forget he didn't join when Jose was manager. His style of play doesn't fit Sessegnons. It was an unfortunate turn of events. He appears to be doing well in Germany which is great to see.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Phil Stant

IMO bringing back R Sees would be a disaster.

Twig

Pluto

BarryP

Agree with the sentiment that it won't happen but yes please.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Phil Stant on April 23, 2021, 09:50:11 PM
IMO bringing back R Sees would be a disaster.

Ryan Sessegnon will be (at a minimum) one of the 20 best players in the Championship. Most promoted teams have 3-6 such players with a decent squad around them. How can you call having such a player like that a disaster?

Matt10

Not sure if anyone watches him at Hoffenheim. They are developing him into a solid LWB. There's not really a better manager to learn from than Sebastian Hoenes, who was formerly with Bayern Munich's II. Sess has played in Uefa Europa matches, scored in key Bundesliga, and made quality assists. Whoever think he's not being developed there really doesn't seem to see his progression from the he set foot on German soil, to how he's gone through the trials and tribulations of becoming a proper wingback in a high quality system.

I would absolutely take him back. In terms of our play style he will fit because he covers a lot of ground, and stays high up the pitch. He can cross and can definitely strike the ball. He's played in a system that exposes a player on the ball because of how spread out players are with defensive pressure often experienced in the Bundesliga.

RaySmith

Thanks for the update Matt.

He can score too. I remember those 'poacher' goals he used to get, gliding into the box undetected, but always available for a pass, or to pick  up a rebound. a bit of the Allan Clarke about him in that respect.

Maja has shown   some of these striking qualities too, but hasn't really had much of a chance to show waht he can do.