watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFP and relegation

Started by Deuce23, April 08, 2021, 09:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deuce23

Looking at our lack of goals and being realistic in that we have only won 5 from 31, chances of winning 3/4 from 7 is unlikely for the most optimistic of person.

This would then mean relegation again! I think we have a decent manager who understands the tactics side of the game and has worked well with this team so far. Where we are going massively wrong year after year is all the loans and lack of consistent 11. We are caught between building a championship side that is not good enough for the prem or a prem side that isn't quite good enough for the prem but won't stick around in the champ.

We need a DOF who can plan for the long term not just the season ahead. Wolves/Leeds bought most of their prem side whilst in the champ then added key players. With FFP in mind where do we stand? Can we keep our Better players in the champ and add some decent upcoming players who will be good enough for the prem? Or are we in a position again where we have to sell and rebuild a whole new team?

Whitestone

Stranger things have happened. When the going gets tough some teams are able to find a spark at this stage of the season and pick up three points in unlikely circumstances. As examples I refer to Fulham in 2008, Sunderland the year we were first relegated, Leicester under Pearson and Villa last season. Survival may not be as unlikely as it looks today. This season still has life in it.

The Rational Fan

Newcastle losing the next six games (Burnley, West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester, and Man City) is very possible and there is no guarantee they'll get a win in their last two games (Sheffield United and Fulham).

FFC In Oz

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 08, 2021, 10:01:41 AM
Newcastle losing the next six games is very possible and there is no guarantee they'll get a win in the last two games. The DOF and the Accountant should worry about FFP, everyone else should be getting ahead of NUFC.

They've picked up 4 draws in their last 5 so I would envisage they would continue picking up points.

Whitestone

Draws aren't good enough as we know. Still wide open.

JoelH5

Quote from: Whitestone on April 08, 2021, 10:19:05 AM
Draws aren't good enough as we know. Still wide open.

They are for Newcastle when we have lost the last 3 in a row
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Southdowns White

The way we have played in the last few it is very hard to see where the points to survive are coming from. If we do manage to stay up we will keep Parker and if we go down I still can't see us getting rid of him. If parker stays he will need to evolve as a manager otherwise I can't see any real improvement happening. I believe this squad, although thin, really should be 10 points above where we are and winning some games  against other teams in the bottom half of the division. I do think Parker has been naive in his tactics and slow to react at times. I don't feel he has pushed the team enough and as i have said before, he looks like a man more scared of losing than having the ambition to go for the win. He doesn't have a lot to lose as far as staying up is concerned looking at the current table, go out there and go for a win please, for everyone's sake. 

perry geyton

After Liverpool we were so optimistic, it's all been downhill since then, 
I'm concerned the Geordie maggots will get something against Burnley tomorrow

As it stands they have more fight in them then we do

Let's just hope we show up today

Twig

Quote from: Deuce23 on April 08, 2021, 09:29:40 AM
Looking at our lack of goals and being realistic in that we have only won 5 from 31, chances of winning 3/4 from 7 is unlikely for the most optimistic of person.

This would then mean relegation again! I think we have a decent manager who understands the tactics side of the game and has worked well with this team so far. Where we are going massively wrong year after year is all the loans and lack of consistent 11. We are caught between building a championship side that is not good enough for the prem or a prem side that isn't quite good enough for the prem but won't stick around in the champ.

We need a DOF who can plan for the long term not just the season ahead. Wolves/Leeds bought most of their prem side whilst in the champ then added key players. With FFP in mind where do we stand? Can we keep our Better players in the champ and add some decent upcoming players who will be good enough for the prem? Or are we in a position again where we have to sell and rebuild a whole new team?

Agree with a lot of what you say.  as to our position regards FFP, i don't track it the way some do but our parachute payments will presumably help? And the return of some paying fans will presumably also make a small difference?