Main Menu

Continually attacking RLC has become a tad predictable and tiresome

Started by 3 Cherries, April 09, 2021, 08:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Cherries

It verges on trolling

Its absolutely no help when our whole team are playing sh**e

Andy S

It became tiresome months ago so you had to wake the morons up did you?

3 Cherries

Quote from: Andy S on April 09, 2021, 08:46:23 AM
It became tiresome months ago so you had to wake the morons up did you?

'moron' is a tad extreme - we all guilty of writing insensitive replies/posts at some point on here

clarkey

If it is repetitive, tiresome and counter productive it is just like his playing for Fulham then, so a good representation.

It is not trolling. It is constructive criticism, insofar  all of us want Fulham to do better and one obvious way is to discard this season long experiment with a poor player who flatters to deceive. Same with Cav, he has not contributed anything like enough to the communal effort and standard of play. He should be forgotten about too.

Experiments both, and both have failed I am amazed frankly that Parker has continually selected both players. It often means we play with ten men.

This is especially the case when we have enough good players in that squad to play good football and be in a much higher position. We have shown that. It is the inexperience in the coaching department unfortunately. Parker is a great bloke and we love the fact he is sort of home grown but honestly when push comes to shove then his team falls over at the moment.Lets honestly hope it changes tonight and he picks a team without either player and uses his selection to put out the strongest 11 possible.

bill taylors apprentice

Its true (to me anyway) that there's an unreasonable amount of moaning about RLC and how he performs for the team but  frankly he has under delivered.

IMO it was always going to take him time to get back to his best, add in the fact that he is now playing for a struggling team that is concentrating on playing a very controlled game to make themselves competitive so perhaps we expect to much?

The problem is for me, he rarely affects the outcome of games and while he never makes errors in the way Tosin has made mistakes that lead to goals or Lookman's farcical penalty miss, he doesn't achieve enough positives in a game.

Since January he would have been match fit and his ability to influence the games and effect the results in our favour has been less than I expected.

This was a big name signing on big money and he has not performed consistently enough to warrant praise from the fans but the trouble is we don't have a replacement who is physical enough and able to keep the ball in the position he plays.

So I give him credit for doing his work in the middle of the park, which should be the norm for a player of his ability but a fail for his performances in the last third where games are won.

ALG01

What is really problematic is posts like this.
Attacking people that can see a player is not hacking it, for whatever rwason, and voicing concern as we face the most important 7 games of the season.

RLC has been poor, a very big disapointment, and to be told it is wrong to speak up on the subject is incredible.

If you only want to hear what you find palatable maybe you will need to choose the threads you look at more carefully

filham

RLC has not lived up to expectations and it is hard to reason why, he must be match fit by now and he comes close to putting in a good performance but never quite seems to reach his target.
However he is the best we have in that role so for the remaining games we had best get behind him.

Dodgin

Can't recall having saying much about RLC but just disappointed that he has not performed as we may have expected.

JoelH5

I think he's been shocking but he was the best player in the first half against Villa. Second half he did his disappearing act again
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Willham

I really want to like ruben, I really really do! Every game my heart aches for a good performance and I get so excited whenever he gets the ball still, but I am also tired of how much that excitement gets ripped away with nothing.

I saw someone mention on a different thread that they want to hear a resonable argument that shows with evidence that tubens played decent or good, I second this as I honestly dont know how someone can say a number 10, who are there to purely score and create goals, not keep the ball, that's the rest of the teams job, the number 10 HAS to score and create goals/scoring opportunities, and while I cant look at stats showing how many missed chances where created by ruben I can on the other hand remember NONE and also I can check stats that ZERO passes of Rubens have led to goals and hes scored 1 which is an absolute shocking display. Needless to whether hes a number 10 or not that is awful. Andersen has much better stats as a defender.

The only argument I understand against dropping our "star" man is; who else do we play? I understand its quote hard to replace any player in our team right now, but personally I feel onomah is an option, I even feel lookman or decordova may be able to do a job through the middle giving us a chance to try bryan and robinson down the left together (they could continually swap positions making it hard for defenders)

blingo

Don't worry, when he goes back down the road the excuse will be that the players around him were not good enough. Should have sent him back ages ago. Dead wood.

jarv

I don't like negative attacks on any Fulham player or manager (except Sanchez and Branfoot)... Attacks seems to be in the dna of every football supporter in the land when their team is not doing so well.  I have mates who support Arsenal, West Ham, Swansea etc and they have said to me, they stop reading the fans forum when things go sour. Hammers fans hated the Moyes appointment, egg on their faces now.   It's football. We need a win today but I am not holding my breath. The Villa loss was a real blow and I for one have accepted our fate but will be hugely elated if we escape this year.  Live in hope. 049:gif

blingo

Quote from: jarv on April 09, 2021, 12:33:05 PM
I don't like negative attacks on any Fulham player or manager (except Sanchez and Branfoot)... Attacks seems to be in the dna of every football supporter in the land when their team is not doing so well.  I have mates who support Arsenal, West Ham, Swansea etc and they have said to me, they stop reading the fans forum when things go sour. Hammers fans hated the Moyes appointment, egg on their faces now.   It's football. We need a win today but I am not holding my breath. The Villa loss was a real blow and I for one have accepted our fate but will be hugely elated if we escape this year.  Live in hope. 049:gif

RLC has never hidden the fact that he is and will remain a chelsea player. To Blingo he is not one of ours.

Bill2

I like a number of others on here were expecting great things from RLC. Having watched him play for Chelsea U18s when they beat us he was very impressive as a player and a leader then to see him develop as a first team player and England international I was expecting great things. Sadly I have been disappointed, he has had long enough to get over his injury and get fit but he has failed to return to the level he was before it.
With the ball at his feet I don't think there is anyone better at the Club and the way he drives forward is a joy to watch. However, he will not challenge for the ball in the air, especially for a big man and he is not that great in the tackle and his record speaks for itself in 1 goal and 0 assists. This is not good enough for a man of his quality and he needs to do more especially if he wants to go back to Chelsea.
Do I expect him to play tonight, yes as not sure there is anyone better in that role and I always hope he will recapture the form he had previously and personally I am not sure we have anybody better.

Twig

For me the Villa game illustrated the best and worst in the comparison between 1st and 2nd halves.  Unfortunately we have mainly seen the 2nd half type of showing and that is simply nowhere near good enough.  If he could turn in 90 mins like the 1st half then I'd get behind him but thus far he has failed..

Peabody

It is strange that Chelsea Palace and England rated him and some of our fans don't. Therefore, his injury must be having an effect on his game, to the extent that we have been disappointed. Just my opinion.

Nick Bateman

RLC does seem a scapegoat to me. He cannot score but does a lot of good, keeping possession under pressure and winning fouls. I feel BDR should be more critised for needlessly giving the ball away and shooting into row Z constantly.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

perry geyton

It's not as tiresome as seeing him in the starting 11 week in week out

I'm sure he'll get over it tho
What he on 40 - 50K a week
Poor old RLC

RaySmith

He has come close to scoring  on several occasions, and been unlucky, with the keeper saving or hitting the  post.

Peabody

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 09, 2021, 03:57:58 PM
RLC does seem a scapegoat to me. He cannot score but does a lot of good, keeping possession under pressure and winning fouls. I feel BDR should be more critised for needlessly giving the ball away and shooting into row Z constantly.

I have got to be careful Nick, this is the second time I have agreed with you. Some of our fans have to have a scapegoat.