News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has any team gone up, down, up, down, up in successive years ?

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, April 12, 2021, 03:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Genuine question.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

West Brom have a record which we cannot match.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

rebel

The thing is the Championship is very difficult to get out of, 15/16 teams in the current Championship has been in the Prem one time or another.

Blawarmy

Quote from: FFC In Oz on April 12, 2021, 03:50:26 PM
Quote from: rebel on April 12, 2021, 03:36:10 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo-yo_club

We would have killed to be a yo-yo club when TK took over as DOF. 

We're so privileged.
He thinks we're all quite happy getting relegated every other season. 

filham

Let's not kid ourselves that we can make another promotion challenge next season. Straight away we will lose six loan players and Mitro, Anguissa and Reed could be tempted to greener fields.

We will be faced with almost a complete team rebuild and this is likely to continue right up to the last day of the window.

cottage expat

Quote from: filham on April 12, 2021, 05:49:24 PM
Let's not kid ourselves that we can make another promotion challenge next season. Straight away we will lose six loan players and Mitro, Anguissa and Reed could be tempted to greener fields.

We will be faced with almost a complete team rebuild and this is likely to continue right up to the last day of the window.

I agree. I'd hate to see us struggle into the playoffs, get promoted and be back in the Championship in 2023.

Twig

The really great thing is that because TK's ambition for us is a yo yo club, we know that whenever we get promoted we can look forward to a drop back down to the Championship. Isn't it nice to know what to expect? Assuming we bounce back up we can look forward to another relegation and TK will be bang on track!

HV71

Quote from: Twig on April 12, 2021, 07:27:00 PM
The really great thing is that because TK's ambition for us is a yo yo club, we know that whenever we get promoted we can look forward to a drop back down to the Championship. Isn't it nice to know what to expect? Assuming we bounce back up we can look forward to another relegation and TK will be bang on track!

Brilliant from his perspective- he gets regular ( parachute payments ) and the chance to play with his computer model to buy a new team !  Perhaps he will write a book ' wrestling with relegation " subtitled " Teams in tights spots "  As Twig says " groundhog season" may become a term we get very used to.

Robbie

I think we will be unique.  I just hope the Khans have made some money that can be invested.

Peabody

brightster

Would say Norwich would be classed as a prem yo yo club rather than us. Think it's about 5 times now.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Blawarmy on April 12, 2021, 05:49:06 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on April 12, 2021, 03:50:26 PM
Quote from: rebel on April 12, 2021, 03:36:10 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo-yo_club

We would have killed to be a yo-yo club when TK took over as DOF. 

We're so privileged.
He thinks we're all quite happy getting relegated every other season. 

Still the most baffling thing I've ever heard from a DOF