watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Firing Slav was one of the worst decisions ever made

Started by Sammyffc, April 10, 2021, 01:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Getting rid of Slav was one of the worst decisions made. We all enjoyed the football, the tactics made sense, it was fun, it was exciting even if we lost. We gained NOTHING from it at all. It makes me sick.

Now we are giving work experience to scott who is just abysmal. I can't deal with it anymore. This football club has become a joke.

How can we fire one of our best managers we have had and then let scott constantly get away with this absolute **** and get away with it. WHAT IS GOING ON

Caedal

If Scott Parker wasn't a former England Captain, and was just a random overseas manager, his press support would be vastly different and he wouldn't currently be our manager

Arthur

Quote from: Sammyffc on April 10, 2021, 01:13:03 AM
This football club has become a joke.

No, we haven't.

In finishing in the relegation places, we will have done what most outsiders expected us to do. A fair few, I suspect, will even consider we made more of a fist of staying up than they anticipated.

In not sacking Parker, our Chairman has clearly drawn on the experience of our previous two relegations - whereby we had three managers in both campaigns. Chopping and changing managers in the manner we did in those seasons attracts more ridicule than does sticking by one manager until the season's end.

winterline

I heard that Slav was wanted by (I forget) but that he is making 2.6 mill and wants something  close to that, the team (I forget) is paying their manager about 600K, Parker apparently makes 3.5mill or so, yeah, bring Slav back, give him 3 mill and allow him to select the entire team, unlike he was allowed to last time.

I agree, Fulham FC is a massive joke (thanks to TK and then recently Parker) but I am still a fan...

Radiowhite

Quote from: Arthur on April 10, 2021, 02:12:34 AM
This football club has become a joke.

No, we haven't.

In finishing in the relegation places, we will have done what most outsiders expected us to do. A fair few, I suspect, will even consider we made more of a fist of staying up than they anticipated.

In not sacking Parker, our Chairman has clearly drawn on the experience of our previous two relegations - whereby we had three managers in both campaigns. Chopping and changing managers in the manner we did in those seasons attracts more ridicule than does sticking by one manager until the season's end.
Agree

Craven Mad

Slav's tactics were too attacking for a lower-end Prem team so, despite the Championship success, it was right for another to be chosen to try to keep us in the top tier. I do think he's a great manager though, and would love to see him at a side like West Ham/Everton, as I think his attacking style would be quite successful there.

Whilst I don't love Scott, and think his managerial career with us largely resembles his playing career for us (lots of time passing sideways and looking backwards), I think there are other factors at play, namely the lack of quality/investment in a balanced strike force/creative midfield. I just don't think TK has worked out how 'soccer' works yet, and that's cost us in every Prem season of his tenure.

I don't necessarily think Scott should be fired, but certainly think that the higher-ups at the club need to switch-on and realise the issues.

bobby01

I really cannot understand the continued support for Parker. Please name me one player he has improved. When things go wrong through bad management all I hear is, he is inexperienced, he is a nice fellow. His press conferences are nonsense.  Someone who is a nice fellow and made a couple of mistakes recently is Tosin, but the board is full of people wanting him dropped while Parker gets a pass.
Rubbish football last season and exactly the same pattern this season,just don't understand the support he gets.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bog

Slav gave us so many good times. He was given £100m of rubbish upon winning promotion and just as he finally seemed to have found a line up at Anfield (inc Chambers in midfield) he was sacked.  And in came 'no risk' but an utter clown in Ranieri. I would have Slav back to work with Scott as his number 2.

092.gif

Nero

Quote from: bog on April 10, 2021, 10:40:04 AM
Slav gave us so many good times. He was given £100m of rubbish upon winning promotion and just as he finally seemed to have found a line up at Anfield (inc Chambers in midfield) he was sacked.  And in came 'no risk' but an utter clown in Ranieri. I would have Slav back to work with Scott as his number 2.

092.gif

Slav problem was he did want to get involved with the recruitment after fallen out with Kline, Parker has had a say in recruitment so has only himself to blame, felt sorry for Slave looked like he was just getting it together at the lost to Liverpool. If we could get Slav doing the attacking and Parker doing the defending we might get somehwere 

ALG01

slav was undermined by not being allowed to select the players he wanted. he said so often enough. the £100M were not players he wanted, he more or less said that too. slav was a genius and nothing to do with the stylle you choose to play, if the DoF is an arrogant and ignorant man who is bullet proof then unless you tow the party line you will be the fall guy. three managers couldn't get that team to play.

i do think scott is unfairly attacked on here. yes he makes errors, yes he is just starting , but he has the same fundamental problem, the squad is absolutely nonsensical and unbalanced. until the DoF is removed we will have this problem recurring.

rebel

Getting rid of Slav was one of the worst decisions made. We all enjoyed the football, the tactics made sense, it was fun, it was exciting even if we lost. We gained NOTHING from it at all. It makes me sick.

Now we are giving work experience to scott who is just abysmal. I can't deal with it anymore. This football club has become a joke.

How can we fire one of our best managers we have had and then let scott constantly get away with this absolute **** and get away with it. WHAT IS GOING ON

Agree 100%, he was getting to grips with the Prem, but wasn't a 'yes man', he stuck by his 'principles'.