watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

we are a championship team going back where we belong

Started by 3 Cherries, April 09, 2021, 10:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Cherries

its bizarre, in the east end where I live and teach (bar the Os) everybody supports PL teams - apart from my good self

nobody gives a toss about the championship - there's a few school kids who will remind me about us been relegated but they will forget soon enough that I support Fulham

back to being invisible

HV71

May well be true but if we go down we will be severely weakened as the loaners will surely run for the exit door. Rel- build time ( again) with the best ever part time DOF managing the process .

andyk

I get that Anderson and Areola will see themselves as Prem standard.
But the rest of them?  We are getting relegated because they are not good enough.
Not sure anyone will be queuing up for them.

jarv

I agree Andy, we did simply not have enough premier standard players from the start.

Sgt Fulham

Some people thought that was an acceptable performance. Beggars belief.

bahay18

im not sure we have any premier league players. Anderson looked the man after the liverpool game but apart from a couple of hollywood passes has looked well off it since  . Areola ? i think if we add it up , cost us as many games as he won. Tonight , twice in that last 10 mins , routine catch and then lies on the ball as though we are 3 up with a minute to play , get up mate and get us up the pitch . As for the goal ? no wonder he was first down the tunnel , he knew.

anguissa did more in his first 10 mins than RLC in the last 2 games . Robinson put a proper shift but through no fault of his own lacks quality at the crucial moment . kongolo , that was a great effort for his first game in ages. provides hope that he and adarabioyo can team up next year .

mitro ? never in the right place and a terrible first touch

and if anyone else mis kicks , kicks the grounds , kicks it against his standing foot when crossing or shooting this year i might burst in to tears .

from liverpool at home until liverpool away we have looked a mid table prep team but the last 4 games we have been brutally exposed .

SP

Was pleased to see more of the old Zambo tonight, shame he didn't get longer to impose himself on the game.

bahay18

zambo did more than in his first 10 mins than RLC in the last 2 games . enough now , its not going to happen . RLC came with huge reputation with a salary that suggested he should be 3 times as good as our best player . brutally exposed and clearly carried by very good chelsea players . shame , had high hopes for him and not his fault , chelsea paid the salary , he only asked for it . i think he tried his best , just not up to it

Blawarmy

Quote from: HV71 on April 09, 2021, 10:20:26 PM
May well be true but if we go down we will be severely weakened as the loaners will surely run for the exit door. Rel- build time ( again) with the best ever part time DOF managing the process .
The curse of the part time DOF

roberto w6

As the thread title says, we're going back to where we belong. Up until the last few games, I thought we could do it but we've shown that our good games were a flash in the pan. The table doesn't lie and we are where we deserve to be. Could anybody honestly say that we are better than any of the teams above us? Not me.

We are down but my bigger worry is that I don't see us challenging with the nucleus of this side next year. We will lose the loanees plus possibly Harrison Reed. I don't think anyone will come in for Mitro or the others apart from another Championship side. They are just not PL quality

What is the point in carrying on with these players. We've seen what they can and can't do. It's time to rebuild. I've been a supporter of Scott Parker throughout and I still believe he will become a good manager and has done as well as most people could have done with this group this year. But I think we need a fresh approach, something different and I suspect he is too jaded to bring something new and innovative. If we had stayed up, I would have expected Spurs to come in for him but not now; I doubt they'd take the risk.

Craven Mad

I remain of the view that we were just a couple of players from survival.

A better CAM and winger and we would've been fine IMO.

A lot of our squad would walk into the teams just above us: Brighton and Newcastle's teams are worse than ours IMO. We just don't create the opportunities and, even when we do, we've not been clinical enough.