watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

testing the chatroom

Started by LRCN, December 19, 2009, 05:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCN

Alright JC 6 of us wer ein the chatroom for the united game and this is what we observed

the delay is somtimes really bad, goldcoastwhite took a few minutes for messages to be sent, in general it seems to be 5 -7 seconds for me, ridge rider, ccd and steve, any idea what it might be? ridge rider says that FUSA has a bit of a delay but not as much as on this one
the chatbox should open in a new window if it's possible, I know it does from the homepage but from the messageboard it doesn't
the timezone is 12 hours behind/infront.
we keep getting booted!
to close the tab or window that the chatroom is in, you need to click close twice.

oh and there's too much blue. But the rest of it works pretty well, so good stuff thanks mate

LRCN

oops suddenly loads of messages are getting deleted.

Logicalman

From my end this is what I found::

Fort Wayne, Indiana, using a permanent FIOS connection ....

Messages were 3 seconds delayed (no great problem there) though I couldn't tell if it was due to chatroom usage by others, or just the standard delay

the following character would not display, and even nulled everything after it::  <

e.g.
If i typed in: I like < this
It displayed: I Like

If I typed in: <<<--- Fort Wayne
It displayed: (nothing)

The chatroom opened up in a new tab using FireFox 3.5.5 on Vista.

Logicalman

Interesting 'dirty screen' message.  Along the lines of ... The message was updated whilst you were typing, you might want to review the message .. etc etc

Logicalman

Can we set up a time/date to test this whole site, especially the chat room, using different browsers?

I can use IE, FireFox, Chrome, Safari and Opera on Vista, and XP if it helps.

Steve_orino

Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Logicalman

Weird incident ...

Whilst on the old MB, I heard the new chatroom sounds, and upon returning to the chatroom tab, I had been logged out of the MatchDay room, and into the Maestro Lounge. I'm not sure what happened there, any ideas?

Steve_orino

I do like the name "The Maestro Lounge"

I'll have a Carlos Torano and your finest scotch please ;)
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Steve_orino

just to touch on what Lork mentioned:

- I did get booted a couple of times.
- The delay of a post was a bit long.  I believe FUSA is the same chatroom and although there is a delay, it's only about a second or two.
- There is too much blue :) but if we can fit more than 3 people in, I can accept that.
- "Maestro Lounge" is a great name for the Chatroom.

Thanks for the opportunity to check out  the chat.  Your efforts are appreciated.
@Borino09

LRCN

Thanks alot fellas, it was a big help.

RidgeRider

BTW: I was using Chrome the entire time I was in the chatroom so it works. The curse word filter works on some words and not on others.

The delay varied a bit for me as Lork mentioned, most of the time it was 5-7 secs, but sometimes it was nearly immediate. I wonder if it queues the messages up and then displays? Not sure about that.

Steve_orino

Will it be okay to use the chatroom for the Spurts game?
@Borino09

RidgeRider

JC, I tested a bunch of curse words. I emailed you the results. None of the words I could come up with are being filtered right now with the exception of one.

LRCN

Quote from: Steve_orino on December 25, 2009, 01:46:14 PM
Will it be okay to use the chatroom for the Spurts game?

Go ahead mate.

FFCBadger

Friendsoffulham

I have to ask, how do we even get to this stage of searching and bumping a post from 2009?

Did you just randomly think 'chatroom', 'search', 'bump'?  :005:

Somerset Fulham

I thought the same thing. Do chatrooms even still exist?!  064.gif

HV71

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 02, 2023, 07:57:20 PM

This is threadbare

Logicalman

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 02, 2023, 07:57:20 PM

I think they are called Teams and Zoom now!  :005: :dft011:

With the advance in technology and SM Apps FB, WA, etc), creating/financing dedicated chatrooms perhaps might not be feasible now.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Fernhurst

Remember our chat room with fondness in the early days of FoF .

All those lost members, where are they now ???

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.