more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burnley v Newcastle - we clearly need Burnley to win

Started by rebel, April 11, 2021, 08:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas White

Quote from: rebel on April 11, 2021, 03:07:05 PM
Newcastle are 6 points ahead and have 1 game ahead, they play West Ham next Saturday. If they lose and we beat Arsenal on Sunday, then they will be 3 points ahead with 1 game in hand. So providing those scenarios happen I am still optimistic.

Parker has been safe with tactics, we really need to play to our strengths. 

Tactics have been inept.... safety thrown away

rebel

Quote from: Texas White on April 11, 2021, 03:14:01 PM
Quote from: rebel on April 11, 2021, 03:07:05 PM
Newcastle are 6 points ahead and have 1 game ahead, they play West Ham next Saturday. If they lose and we beat Arsenal on Sunday, then they will be 3 points ahead with 1 game in hand. So providing those scenarios happen I am still optimistic.

Parker has been safe with tactics, we really need to play to our strengths. 

Tactics have been inept.... safety thrown away

Should read too safe with tactics.

SG

Quote from: Baszab on April 11, 2021, 02:27:55 PM
Do you honestly think that there is anyone at FFC that is going to start "planning" FOR 2021/22

There wasn't even a plan when we went up

The only thing TK did was to go thru the players available on loan around Europe and decide on a few

That wasn't squad planning

We are now in a worse position than last relegation - and with a huge white elephant of a stand to finance - what on earth can be the Khans' exit plan ?

Thankfully we don't have to worry whether it's a huge white elephant or not. Hopefully also Khan doesn't have an exit strategy. If he has we are all well and truly shafted

SuffolkWhite

Need a miracle  to stay up. But football is a funny old game, well unless your relegated of course  :012:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

itombomb

Quote from: JimOG on April 11, 2021, 02:12:53 PM
Quote from: Rambler on April 11, 2021, 01:56:10 PM
Time to really focus on some prem quality players prepared to play championship football, trying to do what Newcastle did when they were relegated with the aim of not having to loan loads of players if we do get promoted again

A very good example of the way forward. They, Wolves (an exceptional case because of Mendes link) & Leeds show how important it is to have a core 7/8 of your own players who are Prem standard. I'm optimistic by nature probably but last summer's mass recruitment at least showed a scouting team with some nous. I don't know how many loanees will stay - I'd like Aina to stay - and with monies from Zambo & a few others we might be able to create a 'Newcastle' next year. By the way have a look at our U23 highlights v Villa. They like attacking & scoring. I'd forgotten the joys of it :003:
I disagree on Leeds, they didn't have 7/8 players who are Prem standard, they've had coaching (and conditioning) that has made 6 or 7 players Prem Standard that they've supplemented with quality signings this year. The likes of Ayling, Alioski, Dallas, Bamford, Kilch etc were nothing more than decent Championship players before Bielsa and his team.

What they've done is a very different thing.

rebel

Quote from: itombomb on April 11, 2021, 03:21:26 PM
Time to really focus on some prem quality players prepared to play championship football, trying to do what Newcastle did when they were relegated with the aim of not having to loan loads of players if we do get promoted again

A very good example of the way forward. They, Wolves (an exceptional case because of Mendes link) & Leeds show how important it is to have a core 7/8 of your own players who are Prem standard. I'm optimistic by nature probably but last summer's mass recruitment at least showed a scouting team with some nous. I don't know how many loanees will stay - I'd like Aina to stay - and with monies from Zambo & a few others we might be able to create a 'Newcastle' next year. By the way have a look at our U23 highlights v Villa. They like attacking & scoring. I'd forgotten the joys of it :003:
I disagree on Leeds, they didn't have 7/8 players who are Prem standard, they've had coaching (and conditioning) that has made 6 or 7 players Prem Standard that they've supplemented with quality signings this year. The likes of Ayling, Alioski, Dallas, Bamford, Kilch etc were nothing more than decent Championship players before Bielsa and his team.

Leeds game is all about their fitness levels, they do drills at half-time. That allows them to attack as a unit. Just look at the number of players that are in the opposition half when they break. 

Asotosyios

Totally agree with that - it's the difference that a good manager can make. Jokanovic did the same for us two years in a row in the Championship - the team was really good, that all individual parts looked better than they actually were.

rebel

Quote from: rebel on April 11, 2021, 03:24:34 PM

Leeds game is all about their fitness levels, they do drills at half-time. That allows them to attack as a unit. Just look at the number of players that are in the opposition half when they break. 

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/its-that-strict-leeds-united-youngster-details-marcelo-bielsas-intense-elland-road-fitness-regime-3189813

blingo

So we are in agreement that Parker is not good enough.

alfie

That's just your opinion though, other people may think they were, it also does not mean that Bielsa has made them better players, he has found a system and style of play that works, next season it may not.
Again it's all about opinions, we have supporters that say a particular play is world class, and others say the same player is rubbish.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

rebel

Quote from: alfie on April 11, 2021, 04:50:04 PM

That's just your opinion though, other people may think they were, it also does not mean that Bielsa has made them better players, he has found a system and style of play that works, next season it may not.
Again it's all about opinions, we have supporters that say a particular play is world class, and others say the same player is rubbish.

He also keeps to his best 11 at every opportunity. I'd love to see the number of matches his best 11 has played this season.   

Nero

If leeds had 6/7 premier quality player 1. I like to know who and 2. Why did it take them so long to get promoted.

It's down to coaching and working as a team and know where players are going to be. Parker had it to a tee when we beat them 1-0 then seems to have for got about it