watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kongolo injured for rest of season

Started by The Cravenette, April 11, 2021, 09:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

Real shame if true. Thought he looked fantastic against Wolves and will be crucial next season.

Twig

Quote from: Pluto on April 15, 2021, 01:17:56 PM
Real shame if true. Thought he looked fantastic against Wolves and will be crucial next season.

Unlikely, he's only crucial if available and regrettably his track record suggests otherwise.

Nero

Quote from: JimOG on April 15, 2021, 09:37:05 AM
Quote from: MJG on April 13, 2021, 12:35:41 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on April 13, 2021, 12:08:14 PM
Hector looked great in the Championship last time, hard to fathom what happened to him, shows how tough the Prem is.
Convinced something off field has caused this. you just dont go from being the best at the back to what we have seen. I do wonder if those 4 games at the start where the pressure was really on him (knowing that Ream etc were not up to him) to perform and he could not do it. Never recovered and then even dropped out of the matchday squad until every man and the bus driver was allowed on it.

That's my guess too. He was brilliant before Lockdown 1 and then was atrocious before there was any sign of the Prem looming. It has to be off field. There was a mention on here that he'd just become a father...but I don't see how that reduces you to a nervous wreck

he just had a baby. hopefully he learning a lot from Andersen

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

Milo

Buffalo76

The bloke's on permanent furlough isn't he???  :031:

love4ffc

From Sonia Twigg who is at or on every zoom press conference.  The lad is very unlucky. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Penfold

Signed when injured. More incompetence.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Penfold on April 16, 2021, 02:50:44 PM

Except that was a completely unrelated and different injury? He broke his foot in a freak circumstance and now he's injured his knee as part of an impact with Traore, so two completely unrelated and very unlucky injuries. Perhaps we should bring mystic meg into medicals from now on to see what injuries players pick up in future?

Penfold

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 16, 2021, 03:19:43 PM

Except that was a completely unrelated and different injury? He broke his foot in a freak circumstance and now he's injured his knee as part of an impact with Traore, so two completely unrelated and very unlucky injuries. Perhaps we should bring mystic meg into medicals from now on to see what injuries players pick up in future?

Injured with us last year. Signed when carrying an injury. Possibly injury prone? We've had our fingers burnt with other players with injuries. Notably Mitroglu. Mawson also recovering from surgery.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Penfold on April 16, 2021, 03:24:16 PM

Injured with us last year. Signed when carrying an injury. Possibly injury prone? We've had our fingers burnt with other players with injuries. Notably Mitroglu. Mawson also recovering from surgery.

He was injured with us by breaking his foot in a tackle, he'd never broken a bone as a professional footballer and short of him developing brittle bone disease which isn't possible, that's not the sort of injury you can expect to just happen. We signed him knowing that he was recovering from said injury, at a massive discount knowing that when fit he'd be a good player. He's now got a knee injury which is the first time he's had any serious problem with his knee since 2012 when he had a medial ligament issue (not the dreaded ACL). Prior to his long term foot injury he'd barely missed any long spell of games due to injury since that knee injury 9 years ago, so hardly a sick note and more likely a case of a seriously unlucky player over the last 18 months.

bobby01

I really feel sorry for the lad, his talent is obvious. Get well soon mate.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Sgt Fulham

Milo

Another Mawson.

Bad luck for him and FFC.

Penfold

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 16, 2021, 03:30:38 PM
Quote from: Penfold on April 16, 2021, 03:24:16 PM

He was injured with us by breaking his foot in a tackle, he'd never broken a bone as a professional footballer and short of him developing brittle bone disease which isn't possible, that's not the sort of injury you can expect to just happen. We signed him knowing that he was recovering from said injury, at a massive discount knowing that when fit he'd be a good player. He's now got a knee injury which is the first time he's had any serious problem with his knee since 2012 when he had a medial ligament issue (not the dreaded ACL). Prior to his long term foot injury he'd barely missed any long spell of games due to injury since that knee injury 9 years ago, so hardly a sick note and more likely a case of a seriously unlucky player over the last 18 months.

I will accept serious bad luck. Someone in SW6 has had a problem with mirrors 🤬

SuffolkWhite

Gotta feel sorry for the guy,  hopefully fit for a full season in August or September.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

blingo

Quote from: Nero on April 15, 2021, 04:45:35 PM
Quote from: JimOG on April 15, 2021, 09:37:05 AM
Quote from: MJG on April 13, 2021, 12:35:41 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on April 13, 2021, 12:08:14 PM
Hector looked great in the Championship last time, hard to fathom what happened to him, shows how tough the Prem is.
Convinced something off field has caused this. you just dont go from being the best at the back to what we have seen. I do wonder if those 4 games at the start where the pressure was really on him (knowing that Ream etc were not up to him) to perform and he could not do it. Never recovered and then even dropped out of the matchday squad until every man and the bus driver was allowed on it.

That's my guess too. He was brilliant before Lockdown 1 and then was atrocious before there was any sign of the Prem looming. It has to be off field. There was a mention on here that he'd just become a father...but I don't see how that reduces you to a nervous wreck

he just had a baby. hopefully he learning a lot from Andersen

If HE just had a baby, I'm putting in a claim to be the father.......instant millions. We knew he was crocked when we bought him. WHY did we?????

Twig Bryan's problem is speed, he's good but can't get back quickly enough. Other than that, I have to agree, he is a much better crosser of the ball.

RaySmith

Gutted for the lad.

Will we see Tosin return Sunday, or Mawsom? Or even Hector?

vancouver

We knew what we were getting when we signed him

There's a reason he cost us 25% of what Huddersfield paid for him three years after signing.

Woolly Mammoth

It's a pantomime and I can guess who the villain is.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.