watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did Areola cost us today..!

Started by Syd Cupp, April 18, 2021, 03:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd Cupp

As crazy as it sounds for me his time wasting was a big contribution into have 7 minutes extra.
Just my opinion will probably need a tin helmet for some of the flack.
The bringing on loftus cheek and playing last 20 minutes in same defensive mindset as the villa game didnt help either.

The Cravenette

Nick Bateman

Referees add extra injury time when Arsenal are losing, it's a known fact in this corrupt league.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Sammyffc

but he didn't time waste though, by the law he is allowed a certain amount of time on the ball, he just used all that time. nothing gets added on .... such a weird weird viewpoint

Stevieboy

No.....but I do think some refs go over the top with their estimations if they think a player is 'managing time'.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

rebel

Quote from: Syd Cupp on April 18, 2021, 03:52:51 PM
As crazy as it sounds for me his time wasting was a big contribution into have 7 minutes extra.
Just my opinion will probably need a tin helmet for some of the flack.
The bringing on loftus cheek and playing last 20 minutes in same defensive mindset as the villa game didnt help either.

You are referring to when Areloa took his boots off. Not to when keepers are about to take a goal kick.

EalingWhite

He did get a yellow didn't he? Shameful stuff he was pulling all game.

rebel

These days time wasting just gets added back and can 'back fire' big time. It serves no purpose.

BestOfBrede

The boots off prank was a joke and did cost us imo, although 7 mins was also a joke.
The original post isn't wrong.
Great keeping sometimes but silly mistakes other's!doesn't matter because we did everything wrong to win and everything right to draw, so got what we deserved.

SouthIslandWhite

He has been our best player all season imo.  Andersen and a few others have been close too. But today Areola gave us well more than a chance to win, he was one of the only reasons we were there 60 seconds away from 3 points.

We will miss him in the Championship.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

filham

Our ultra defensive tactics over the last 20 minutes cost us the mach today. In fact with some reasonable luck Arsenal could have scored more in late in the game and we could have lost 1-4.

H4usuallysitting

Andy S

Neither did taking off Maja and defending on the edge of the penalty area. Leave a forward on the half way line and it stops their keeper and a defender coming forward. It's not rocket science.

rebel

Quote from: Andy S on April 19, 2021, 12:32:40 AM
Neither did taking off Maja and defending on the edge of the penalty area. Leave a forward on the half way line and it stops their keeper and a defender coming forward. It's not rocket science.

Mitro 100% should have been introduced.