more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday fulham Stuff - 15/04/21...

Started by WhiteJC, April 15, 2021, 12:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Report: Tottenham keeping tabs on London-based manager

Football London's Alasdair Gold has claimed that Tottenham Hotspur will continue to keep tabs on Fulham manager as a potentially eventual replacement to Jose Mourinho – having worked as Tottenham's Under-18 manager before moving.

Parker, 40, left Tottenham in July 2018 after a stint as manager of Spurs' Under-18 side – becoming first-team coach at Tottenham before taking over as manager. He gained promotion with Fulham, and has since impressed in the Premier League.

This season, he has had to endure a difficult start as Fulham's new-look side gelled. Now, with seven Premier League games to play, the Cottagers look more than likely to go down but have put up a brave fight during the 2020-21 campaign.

Parker's impassioned rants, tactical awareness and nous in the transfer market has certainly caught the eye. Asked if the ex-Spurs midfielder could replace Mourinho at Tottenham – Football London reporter Gold responded, stating there is a chance.

"He'll certainly be one for the future if he keeps developing as a manager. He's got a lot of friends at Spurs, having impressed with the U18s, and they'll be keeping a close eye on his career," Gold said in a Q&A session on Tuesday.

TBR's view – Parker could be the long-term future for Tottenham

Parker has everything a young Premier League manager needs. He has style, personality but also the man management and ability in the transfer window that is required. Given he is an ex-Spurs midfielder, he is perfect.

Also, if Fulham do go down and Parker is looking for a new challenge without having to relocate, surely Spurs is ideal for the London-born manager. The question is, would Spurs prefer a more experienced boss? Or is Parker good enough?

https://tbrfootball.com/report-tottenham-keeping-tabs-on-london-based-manager/

WhiteJC

The highest paid players at Fulham - in pictures

Aleksandar Mitrovic not among the top earners at Craven Cottage

Fulham need to rediscover the mid-season momentum that raised hopes they could escape relegation.

The Cottagers conceded three goals in each of their opening three games, with manager Scott Parker issuing a warning that unless Fulham tightened up defensively then they would be heading straight back to the Championship.

And while relegation remains a probability, Fulham have at least made a fist of trying to survive in the Premier League, though too many draws (11) means they remain six points from safety.

Above is a photo gallery of Fulham players and their weekly salaries. To move on to the next image, click on the arrows, or if you're using a mobile device, simply swipe.

Who is the highest paid player at Fulham?
According to Spotrac, an online sports team and player contract website, Alphonse Areola is the highest paid player at Fulham.

The French goalkeeper, 25, struggled upon his introduction to the Premier League, but has proven himself one of the division's most consistent shot stoppers over recent months.

On loan from Paris Saint-Germain, Areola pockets £75,000 a week ($103,476) for an annual salary of £3,900,000.

The top 10 highest paid players at Fulham in 2020/21
1. Alphonse Areola (on loan from PSG), £75,000 a week

2. Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa, £67,000 a week

3. Kenny Tete, £65,000

4. Tosin Adarabioyo, £60,000

4= Ola Aina (on loan from Torino), £60,000

4= Ivan Cavaleiro, £60,000

4= Ruben Loftus-Cheek (on loan from Chelsea), £60,000

4= Aleksandar Mitrovic, £60,000

4= Antonee Robinson, £60,000

10. Michael Hector, £50,000

https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/football/the-highest-paid-players-at-fulham-in-pictures-1.1203417

WhiteJC

Mario Lemina makes Fulham statement amid uncertainty over his Southampton future

Mario Lemina is currently on loan at Fulham from Southampton, with Scott Parker's side having an obligation to buy the midfielder should they stay in the Premier League

Mario Lemina has said he owes Fulham for giving him another opportunity in the Premier League.

And the midfielder, who is currently on loan at Craven Cottage from Southampton, is keen to repay the faith shown in him by helping Scott Parker's side by helping the Whites avoid relegation.

Lemina and his Fulham teammates are currently battling to try and avoid dropping back to the Championship following promotion last season, with Parker's men six points from safety with six games to play.

Southampton in 14th are currently ten points above Fulham with a game in hand, but Parker's men have hit the buffers in recent weeks, having gained momentum since Christmas in their battle to avoid relegation.

But despite recent setbacks in defeats against Aston Villa and Wolves, Lemina and his teammates have not given up on climbing out of the relegation zone.

"I've been thinking about what we have been doing for the last few months and weeks, the hard work we have been putting in," he told Sky Sports.

"We gave everything on the pitch, I can't blame any players or the manager.

"When you get to this point at the end of the season, and you concede goals coming from nowhere, it hurts. Everything we did in the game, all the work is for nothing, we don't deserve this."

If Fulham can pull off a great escape, there is an obligation in the loan deal for Lemina to sign the Gabon international, should they stay in the top flight.

There is uncertainty over what will happen next for Lemina if Fulham do not survive, with the midfielder not featuring for Southampton under Ralph Hasenhuttl since May 2019, having spent last season on loan at Turkish side Galatasaray.

But for now, he is simply focused on doing all he can to try and ensure Fulham stay up.

"I respect that they give me a chance to play again in the Premier League. I will give everything until the end of the season, that's my job and I will keep going," he said.

"I need to respect the team and myself. I need to be able to go home and look in the mirror and be honest with myself."

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/mario-lemina-fulham-statement-southampton-5296774

WhiteJC

Mario: I Believe In My Teammates

Mario Lemina admitted he is still hurting after Friday's gutting result against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The match looked to be heading towards a frustrating stalemate until Adama Traore's stoppage time winner, with the television cameras showing Lemina in tears at full-time.

"After the game, yeah I was really disappointed because we should have got a better result," he said.

"At the moment, I will be honest, I'm still a little bit down, but I have to get better.

"I have to get better, keep doing what I'm doing and believe that we can still stay in the Premier League.

"The way that we played the game, you can see that we gave everything on the pitch. We wanted to get a result from this game, and to take this goal in the last seconds of the game was really hard."

Lemina continued: "At the end of the game we were thinking we were at least going to have a draw, and we didn't get it. That's what was so painful.

"I was really emotional, because I believe in my teammates, I believe in myself, and we should do better.

"We should have won some games before that, and now we are in this position. We just have to fight, and I have to show my experience, my character, to try to get some points. We still have six games to go.

"The Manager saw in our faces that we were really disappointed, really down.

"Mitro did a speech, telling us everything that we have to understand, that we still have six games to go and that we need to get points from these six games, starting from the next one."

That next one sees us travel across the capital to face Arsenal, where Lemina could come up against his Gabon international teammate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

"He's a striker who can score in every moment," Lemina explained. "I know him personally, and when this guy is in top form, it's hard to get him. He's so quick, so fast.

"This guy is a top goal scorer. What can I say about him that you don't already know? He's scored a lot of goals in the Premier League.

"He's captain of Arsenal and he has everything on his side. He's confident, he scores goals, he's scary!

"But we have to worry about us and what we want to do against them, that's it."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/april/Mario-I-Believe-In-My-Teammates/

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham want 16-goal forward from London rivals; will cost £5m but face Ranieri battle

Fulham are battling former Craven Cottage boss Claudio Ranieri to sign £5 million-rated Chelsea striker Ike Ugbo during the summer transfer window, as reported by Goal.

The London-born 22-year-old might not be a household name at Stamford Bridge but, if there is no space for him in West London, fear not.

After all, it's not as if there is a shortage of other clubs willing to give Ugbo a chance to prove his worth.

The England U20 international has scored 29 goals in the last two seasons out on loan, after all, with 16 of those coming during a spell at Cercle Brugge in Belgium.

Those eye-catching displays have caught the eye of scouts from all across the continent too.

Goal reports that, if Ugbo wants to stay in London, Chelsea's next-door neighbours Fulham may be his destination.

A Sampdoria side coached by ex-Craven Cottage boss Ranieri are also interested, while Cercle Brugge have a £5 million option-to-buy clause in his contract.

Could the Belgian outfit be tempted to trigger that clause and then sell Ugbo on for an immediate profit?

A heart-wrenching 1-0 defeat to Wolves on Friday, coupled with Newcastle's comeback win at Burnley, means Fulham are in real danger of an immediate return to the Championship.

It remains to be seen if the Cottagers opt to turn Josh Maja's loan spell into a permanent transfer during the summer window.  If they don't, that could open up space for Ugbo to arrive.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/14/report-fulham-want-16-goal-forward-from-london-rivals-will-cost-5m-face-ranieri-battle/

WhiteJC

Newcastle told they will be 'fine' in relegation race because of two vital factors

Former England international Dean Ashton has given his verdict on Newcastle as well as relegation rivals Fulham

Fulham's poor home form, as well as the return of Allan Saint-Maximin and Callum Wilson to Newcastle's XI, means the Magpies will be 'fine' in their bid to avoid relegation from the Premier League.

That is the view of former West Ham and England forward Dean Ashton who feels United would have gone down had the pair remained injured for the crucial relegation run-in.

A run of just two wins in 20 matches for Newcastle prior to the March international break left Steve Bruce's side just two points clear of the relegation zone and they were made favourites with the bookmakers to go down.

However, Fulham have missed three opportunities in each of the last three matchdays to overtake Newcastle and have failed to take their opportunity.

Home defeats to Leeds and Wolves sandwiched a disappointing capitulation away at Aston Villa and they now sit six points adrift of the Magpies and safety with one game less than Newcastle remaining.

And Ashton feels their chance of achieving Premier League survival has likely passed them by.

"With Fulham, we have all been impressed with how Scott Parker has turned the team around with the turnover of the squad and we have actually enjoyed watching them this season," Ashton told TalkSPORT's GameDay podcast.

"But at home they have not been able to find the back of the net. It has been a real issue for them and he has tried to bring Mitrovic back in to find the goals but in the relegation battles I have been involved in, the home form always feels crucial.

"If you don't get that right, and they have had their chances to put the pressure on and failed to take advantage, then the chance has probably gone now."

Meanwhile, Newcastle have bounced back from some intense criticism with a spirited 2-2 draw with Tottenham before beating Burnley 2-1 in a crucial relegation six-pointer.

Wilson and Saint-Maximimn have returned to fitness after a sustained spell out of the side and the latter sparkled at Turf Moor with a goal and an assist.

And Ashton believes Newcastle wouldn't be so deeply embroiled in a relegation scrap had the duo been fit during their recent struggles.

"His whole performance was everything that has been lacking from a Newcastle team in the last couple of months," Ashton added.

"If Steve Bruce had a fit Allan Saint-Maximin and Callum Wilson throughout this period then he wouldn't have had those results. He just simply wouldn't have.

"These players of that importance for these sides - yes, he should have got a hell of a lot more out of the players he has had - make that much of a difference that without them Newcastle would have gone down.

"Now they will be fine."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-told-fine-relegation-race-20384251

WhiteJC

Exclusive: Middlesbrough set for transfer disappointment as Fulham 21/22 plans become clearer

Middlesbrough will ask about the availability of Neeskens Kebano in the summer, but the likelihood is that Fulham will retain the service of the winger if they are relegated into the Championship, a source has exclusively revealed to Football League World.

Kebano, 29, found opportunities hard to come by under Scott Parker in the Premier League, which led him to Boro's door in the January transfer window.

Since linking up with Neil Warnock's side, Kebano has made 14 appearances, scoring once for the Teessiders.

A source has revealed to Football League World that Boro will ask the question about Kebano's availability, but the likelihood is that he will be back at Craven Cottage and playing his football in London again.

Fulham are hanging onto their Premier League status ahead of the run-in, with Parker's side struggling to pick up points in recent weeks.

Should the Cottagers suffer relegation they are anticipating losing Ademola Lookman back to RB Leipzig, which brings Kebano back into the frame.

The winger was exceptional for Parker during the run-in in the Championship last season, scoring five times in his final five appearances, which included goals in both legs of the play-off semi-finals.

Whilst the 29-year-old watches on as Fulham look to see if they can pull off a great escape in the Premier League, he and his Boro teammates are drifting towards the end of the season after falling away in the race for the top-six.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-middlesbrough-set-for-transfer-disappointment-as-fulham-21-22-plans-become-clearer/

WhiteJC

Fulham join race to sign Chelsea £5m striker Ike Ugbo with Monaco and Genk also keen after 22-year-old's successful loan spell at Cercle Brugge

Ike Ugbo has impressed while on loan from Chelsea at Cercle Brugge this term
    Ugbo has come through the academy at Chelsea after joining 14 years ago
    The 22-year-old's contract at Stamford Bridge expires in the summer of 2022

Fulham have joined a number of teams interested in making a permanent move for Chelsea youngster Ike Ugbo.

Ugbo has impressed while on loan at Belgian side Cercle Brugge this season with Monaco and Genk both keen on the striker.

The 22-year-old's contract expires at Stamford Bridge expires in the summer of 2022.

Ike Ugbo (right) has impressed during his season on loan in Belgium playing for Cercle Brugge

Goal reports that the striker, who has scored 16 goals while on loan this term, is valued at £5million.

It has been reported that Chelsea would be happy to sell the player this summer and Fulham consider themselves top of the queue.

Ugbo is yet to make a senior appearance for the Blues since first arriving as a youngster in the academy 14 years ago.

Since 2017, the striker has also had loan spells at Barnsley, MK Dons, Scunthorpe and Roda.

Fulham are reported to be at the front of the queue in wanting to sign the 22-year-old striker

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9471451/Fulham-join-race-sign-Chelsea-5m-striker-Ike-Ugbo.html

WhiteJC

On loan Middlesbrough winger set to remain at parent club this summer – But on one condition

According to an exclusive report from Football League World, on loan Middlesbrough winger Neeskens Kebano is set to stay at Fulham next season if they are relegated back down to the Championship.

Middlesbrough will enter into talks with Fulham about the availability of Kebano in the summer. However, whether they sell the winger will depend on which division the Cottagers' are playing their football in next season.

Since arriving in January this year, the 29-year-old has played 14 times, scoring once and assisting once. He has been used in rotation with the likes of Yannick Bolasie, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Marvin Johnson, Duncan Watmore, and Djed Spence.

According to the report, if Fulham are relegated down to the second tier, they are likely to lose Ademola Lookman. The England U21 international will return to his parent club Red Bull Leipzig, meaning Kebano will be back in contention at Craven Cottage when they get their Championship campaign underway.

However, if they manage to retain their Premier League status for another season, Kebano will be seen as surplus to requirements. He would then presumably be available for either another loan or be shown the exit door permanently.

Middlesbrough will see Kebano and Bolasie return to their now-Premier League clubs after their loan spells expire whereas Mendez-Laing and Johnson will see their current contracts come to an end in June.

This means that manager Neil Warnock will be looking to replace the potentially outgoing quartet in the up and coming transfer window.

One player that has been linked with a move to the Riverside in recent weeks is Sheffield Wednesday man Kadeem Harris. The winger played for Warnock during their time together at Cardiff City.

https://the72.co.uk/231133/on-loan-middlesbrough-winger-set-to-remain-at-parent-club-this-summer-but-on-one-condition/

WhiteJC

Gallen hopes QPR can keep 'quality' Johansen

Kevin Gallen says Stefan Johansen is the loanee he would most like QPR to sign this summer.

Charlie Austin has made a big impact since returning for a second spell at Rangers, while Sam Field and Jordy de Wijs have also impressed.

Austin is a huge favourite among fans and Johansen has been outstanding since arriving from Fulham.

Former Rangers forward Gallen was joined by West London Sport's Dan Bennett, Ben Kosky and Ian McCullough.

They discussed the defeat at Rotherham, manager Mark Warburton's team selection, Lyndon Dykes' recent form and which areas need to be improved for next season.

They also discussed which of the on-loan players they would choose to sign if they could only bring in one.

Gallen said: "The fans' choice is Austin. And that would be a good signing because it gives the fan base such a boost, especially hopefully when crowds come back.

"But for me, I would go for Johansen because I just think he's a quality player.

"He's fit and he's got a good few years left in him. His consistency – I don't think he's been lower than a seven out of 10.

"He can see passes and he can release the ball at the right time. He's a good all-round player."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/gallen-names-the-qpr-loanee-hed-most-like-to-stay

WhiteJC

Tottenham fans react as club reportedly keeping tabs on Fulham manager Scott Parker

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly keeping tabs on Fulham manager Scott Parker as the ex-Spurs midfielder continues to shine in his first Premier League season in the dugout – and Spurs fans have reacted on Twitter to the news that Parker is a target.

Parker, 40, began his managerial career at Tottenham – as boss of the Under-18's. He then moved to Fulham as the club's first-team coach in 2018, and then took over from Slavisa Jokanovic. He guided Fulham to an instant return to the Premier League.

This season, Parker has had to deal with a number of summer signings and allow his team to gel – which was probably the main reason for Fulham struggling initially. But towards the end of the season, he has given Fulham a chance of survival.

Meanwhile, Tottenham sit in seventh and are struggling in their pursuit of Champions League football. Jose Mourinho, then, could be replaced in the coming weeks and Parker might be the man Spurs turn to – according to Football London.

Alasdair Gold claimed in a Q&A session that while Parker is not an immediate target, Spurs are keeping tabs and he could well end up in the dugout in years to come at Spurs. Many fans of the North London club responded on Twitter.

https://tbrfootball.com/tottenham-fans-react-as-club-reportedly-keeping-tabs-on-fulham-manager-scott-parker/

Bassey the warrior

Nice to see Johansen finally being shown appreciation. Criminally underused by Parker last season.

filham

Wow those ten players earning from £50K to£75K per week must ask themselves if they are good value for money.
I am sure that the late Tosh Chamberlin provided me with a lot more entertainment than any of them, his maximum wage would have been £20 per week.maximum.