watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham must keep Joachim Andersen

Started by Nick Bateman, April 15, 2021, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Even if we go down, Fulham must keep Joachim Andersen. He has been like the new 'Chris Coleman', a rock in the heart of our defence.

But being a Danish international he may wish to leave rather than play in the Championship. I am not aware of the loan contract obligations but there must be an option to continue to keep the player. Tottenham have already been reported as interested in acquiring him.

I would make the loan deal permanent and make him an offer he could not refuse. We should clear out unwanted individuals like Decordova-Reid and Cavaleiro who have squandered too many chances and yet somehow keep favour with Parker.

I would keep Parker at the helm and he must play Anguissa every game to the end of the season. Try a Mitrovic-Maja partnership without Decordova-Reid who loses the ball too easily and breaks down every Fulham attack!

Who knows, we might even stay up!!?!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Penfold

Probably in no financial position to keep him unless we stay up.

And I don't think we will stay up.

WindyCity

Ain't happening.......teeheeeheeeeeeee.......

filham

We are relegated ,little doubt about that right now.
There will be a queue of big clubs at the Cottage door waiting to grab Anderson as he leaves. Our chances of holding on to him are zero

Start thinking of two centre backs next season from Tosin, Konglo, Hector.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Cambridge Pete

I think, even if we manage to stay up, it's highly unlikely he will stay. Reports say that Spurs, Man Utd and Chelsea plus Palace and Leicester are looking. I doubt we can compete financially with the first three. Whatever he and his advisors decide it's been great to watch the total dedication to the cause he has shown. My main regret is that I doubt I will see him "live" in a Fulham shirt

blingo

Bassey the warrior

He's leaving regardless of whether we stay up. He's top 6 quality.

Steeeeeeeeeed

To be fair I think he has been great for us, BUT I don't know if he is good enough for a top 6 club. I can see him going to the likes of Aston Villa or a mid table team like that.

Would love for him to stay, but I doubt very much that he will.

RaySmith

IF we stay up, i think he might stay - pretty well guaranteed captaincy, and a first team place, loved by the fans.

Not if we go down, of course.

The Rock

Quote from: RaySmith on April 15, 2021, 05:53:31 PM
IF we stay up, i think he might stay - pretty well guaranteed captaincy, and a first team place, loved by the fans.

Not if we go down, of course.

I do think there is a 50/50 chance he'd stay if we stayed up regardless who is in for him.

Sadly, I don't think we are going to stay up.

rebel

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on April 15, 2021, 05:46:52 PM
To be fair I think he has been great for us, BUT I don't know if he is good enough for a top 6 club. I can see him going to the likes of Aston Villa or a mid table team like that.

I think he's good enough for a top 6 team, but things don't always work out at a 'bigger club'. Why didn't his qualities show at Lyon?
He's settled at Fulham, when we stay up, I think he might stay too.   

Fulham 442

rebel

Jules

No chance of keeping Andersen. Spurs and others have now noticed him and we have no option on the loan deal so even in the unlikely event we stayed up he would be off anyway.

Whitestone

In an ideal world we would sign Andersen permanently. Areola too. It is what is unfortunately but it ain't over yet even though many on here have given up.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on April 15, 2021, 05:46:52 PM

I think you're underrating him. For me he's good enough for Spurs, Arsenal, Wolves and Everton.

bobbo

He said before he came he would be wanting to fight for his position at Lyon and not staying. Also as said it's not an option for us.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

rebel

Twig