watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

40 Points Not Enough?

Started by The Rock, April 17, 2021, 02:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

With Newcastle now on 35 points in 32 games, and BHA and Burnley on 33 after 31 played, it seems even if we got to 40 points we would still be relegated. It's looking bleak.

rebel

Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle still all have difficult run ins. We also has a difficult run in. 

FFC In Oz

I can't see us getting even one win on the run in.

We might scrape a draw against Burnley or Southampton if we're lucky. 0-0 of course.

filham

Quote from: FFC In Oz on April 17, 2021, 03:35:21 PM
I can't see us getting even one win on the run in.

We might scrape a draw against Burnley or Southampton if we're lucky. 0-0 of course.
It is really hard to see where our next goal is coming from.

Lordedmundo

I disagree - 40 points will be enough. If we beat Newcastle and Burnley then I don't think either side will finish on more than 37-38 points.

However, it is extremely unlikely that we will get to 32 points let alone 40!

SouthIslandWhite

We won't break 30 points. Look at our form. It's diabolical at the moment. Our players are leaving the pitch in tears ladies and gentlemen. It is OVER.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Woolly Mammoth

This is the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
Nevertheless, I am allowed to dream and a win at Arsenal, please do not raise your eyebrows because it can be done. 3 points we have no other choice but throw caution to the wind.
Southampton, Burnley, Newcastle are winnable on the day. Chelsea and Man U, why can't we get results from them, even a boring 0 0 and grind it out.
As what has been stressed on here regarding the Newcastle game being do or die, but for a different reason. Fulham must win Newcastle already safe. Might suit us that way.
Or I repeat Or we win the remaining six that 18 points, and put any doubts to bed, and leave the good people who feel we are definitely doomed to eat their hats.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Think what will kill us is failure to win at home .

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 17, 2021, 07:42:00 PM
This is the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
Nevertheless, I am allowed to dream and a win at Arsenal, please do not raise your eyebrows because it can be done. 3 points we have no other choice but throw caution to the wind.
Southampton, Burnley, Newcastle are winnable on the day. Chelsea and Man U, why can't we get results from them, even a boring 0 0 and grind it out.
As what has been stressed on here regarding the Newcastle game being do or die, but for a different reason. Fulham must win Newcastle already safe. Might suit us that way.
Or I repeat Or we win the remaining six that 18 points, and put any doubts to bed, and leave the good people who feel we are definitely doomed to eat their hats.

A great post.

ALG01

we are 7 behind burnley with burnley to play. it can be done.
i didn't say it will be done but it surely is still possible,
it will help if we win.