PREMIER LEAGUE       Tue 18May 2021
Southampton     v       Leeds
PREMIER LEAGUE    Su 23May 2021   
West Ham           v    Southampton

Slaphead in Qatar

rebel

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on April 18, 2021, 08:05:32 AM
And your point is ?

The point is I don't see too many winable matches for Burnley, Brighton or Newcastle. You clearly missed the point. The only maches you could potential pencil in 3 points is Sheff Utd.

colham

Doesn't matter what their games are if we can't win ours.  We've already had a run of 'must-win' and 'winnable' games and failed.  We need to win 4 of our remaining fixtures.  Just not happening. 

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: rebel on April 18, 2021, 08:14:33 AM
And your point is ?

The point is I don't see too many winable matches for Burnley, Brighton or Newcastle. You clearly missed the point. The only maches you could potential pencil in 3 points is Sheff Utd.

And would you have thought West Ham was a winnable game for Newcastle. Or Chelsea a winnable game for West Brom. Or Leeds, Villa and Wolves winnable games for us?
Pointless exercise looking at fixtures and predicting this season.

Nero

And your point is ?

The point is I don't see too many winnable matches for Burnley, Brighton or Newcastle. You clearly missed the point. The only matches you could potentially pencil in 3 points is Sheff Utd.

But how many winnable games have Fulham got? 3 at most if we're lucky and that includes games against Burnley and Newcastle that are also more winnable by them given our results against bottom 6 teams the year

colham

Quote from: Nero on April 18, 2021, 08:25:17 AM
And your point is ?

The point is I don't see too many winnable matches for Burnley, Brighton or Newcastle. You clearly missed the point. The only matches you could potentially pencil in 3 points is Sheff Utd.

But how many winnable games have Fulham got? 3 at most if we're lucky and that includes games against Burnley and Newcastle that are also more winnable by them given our results against bottom 6 teams the year

Exactly.  We need to win our 3 'winnable' games, and also get a win at the Emirates, Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford.  Pie in the sky stuff*

*Happy to be proven wrong

rebel

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on April 18, 2021, 08:21:17 AM
And your point is ?

And would you have thought West Ham was a winnable game for Newcastle. Or Chelsea a winnable game for West Brom. Or Leeds, Villa and Wolves winnable games for us?
Pointless exercise looking at fixtures and predicting this season.

Would you of thought Leeds would have beaten Man City 2 - 1? No (not the only upset this season), I backed Man City to win that match. We generally perform better against the top sides, we've done better away from home this season. 

AJW48361

I hate to say it but the others sides may not need to win anymore games.

PaulJ123

Quote from: AJW48361 on April 18, 2021, 09:17:16 AM
I hate to say it but the others sides may not need to win anymore games.

Absolutely not. I'd feel very save on c.35 points.

#HoweIn

fulham traveller

Unless we win 5 out of 6 ( not going to happen ) we are down unless we beat Arsenal and Chelsea

rebel

PREMIER LEAGUE   Tu 20Apr 2021   
Chelsea   v   Brighton   

rebel

Brighton got a draw, not ideal, but a lot of disruption at Chelsea pre match. So I think circumstances might have dictated the result.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: colham on April 18, 2021, 08:20:40 AM
Doesn't matter what their games are if we can't win ours.  We've already had a run of 'must-win' and 'winnable' games and failed.  We need to win 4 of our remaining fixtures.  Just not happening. 

Correct.

rebel

All the teams play this weekend, this weekend will highlight what we need to do, without the games in hand.
Southampton will be the only team with a game in hand.

Newcastle face Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester and Man City, but they do have points in the bank. 

jayffc

Well newcastle surely almost officially out of reach, showing more fight and drew against liverpool

Wingnut

Incredible finish to the game at Anfield. VAR comes to Liverpool's rescue and disallows a Newcastle goal in the 90th minute. Newcastle keep pushing and they get an equaliser in the 95th minute. They were appalling today. Should have been beaten off the pitch. Credit to them for fighting till the end though. Liverpool were awful in front of goal.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end