more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parkers done half a very good job

Started by bill taylors apprentice, April 18, 2021, 06:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Quote from: clarkey on April 19, 2021, 09:00:42 AM
His selection policy has been irrational.

His tactics have been extremely negative. He plays five at the back with two/three screening midfielders and two forwards playing deep.

He only selects one forward per game.

His subbing is awful, late and misdirected.He lost/drew the game yesterday by bringing on RLC and selecting Cav. You can't play with 9 on the pitch, you end up losing any threat and midfield control. (we never had it)

Last season he was even worse, we played such negative dull football and even when against vastly inferior teams we failed to put games to bed. I can not believe people give him credit for the simple expedient of playing Andersen as a centre back, who has held that defence together, shaped it and captains the team and sorted the defence aided by three new fullbacks, two new centre backs and discarding all the players Parker brought in before like Hector, Josh, etc etc.

Any of us could have done that masterstroke if given a player like Andersen.Plus Tosin.Plus Kongolo, Tete, Aina,Lemina, etc etc It was not a tactical bit of wizardry.Where is his ingenuity, new strategies, Clough like adaptation of players, use of available resources.Dead ball routines, corner experiments, even penalties are beyong his control or skill set.

No he has fallen well short of any decent manager.

110% Correct.

blingo

Quote from: toshes mate on April 19, 2021, 09:17:56 AM
Parker seems unable to escape from his panic ridden lack of game management nous.   Even the gift of VAR fortune is not enough for him to take his chances with players who, unlike RLC for example, can take opportunities when they arise.   Parker's message to substitute RLC appeared to be along the lines 'Be a nuisance for the next fifteen minutes or so'.  Having removed any remaining attacking options our 'gaffer' nervously responded to being told by the fourth official that there would be seven minutes added time when he had already cleared out our strike force such as it was.   Clearly he was not concentrating on managing the game by effectively letting every one of our opponents play eight minutes of it in our half of the pitch.

It is, IMO, time for Parker to start considering his next job away from FFC I now believe, because he would be clearly stretching himself beyond his capability even in the Championship next season.    He has not got what it takes IMO and he is not going to find it trying to ride his luck which he seems to have been doing since his initial appointment.    Sorry Scott but my faith in you has evaporated completely after yesterday.

Mine evaporated a long long time ago.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: clarkey on April 19, 2021, 09:00:42 AM
His selection policy has been irrational.

His tactics have been extremely negative. He plays five at the back with two/three screening midfielders and two forwards playing deep.

He only selects one forward per game.

His subbing is awful, late and misdirected.He lost/drew the game yesterday by bringing on RLC and selecting Cav. You can't play with 9 on the pitch, you end up losing any threat and midfield control. (we never had it)

Last season he was even worse, we played such negative dull football and even when against vastly inferior teams we failed to put games to bed. I can not believe people give him credit for the simple expedient of playing Andersen as a centre back, who has held that defence together, shaped it and captains the team and sorted the defence aided by three new fullbacks, two new centre backs and discarding all the players Parker brought in before like Hector, Josh, etc etc.

Any of us could have done that masterstroke if given a player like Andersen.Plus Tosin.Plus Kongolo, Tete, Aina,Lemina, etc etc It was not a tactical bit of wizardry.Where is his ingenuity, new strategies, Clough like adaptation of players, use of available resources.Dead ball routines, corner experiments, even penalties are beyong his control or skill set.

No he has fallen well short of any decent manager.

+1

Great summation Clarkey.

The good performances have seemed few and far between and we haven't been able to string wins together, while teams like Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton and Palace all have at various points. 

That's why we are where we are.

The wins are spaced out, and are aberrations.

toshes mate

Quote from: blingo on April 19, 2021, 09:22:41 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on April 19, 2021, 09:17:56 AM
Parker seems unable to escape from his panic ridden lack of game management nous.   Even the gift of VAR fortune is not enough for him to take his chances with players who, unlike RLC for example, can take opportunities when they arise.   Parker's message to substitute RLC appeared to be along the lines 'Be a nuisance for the next fifteen minutes or so'.  Having removed any remaining attacking options our 'gaffer' nervously responded to being told by the fourth official that there would be seven minutes added time when he had already cleared out our strike force such as it was.   Clearly he was not concentrating on managing the game by effectively letting every one of our opponents play eight minutes of it in our half of the pitch.

It is, IMO, time for Parker to start considering his next job away from FFC I now believe, because he would be clearly stretching himself beyond his capability even in the Championship next season.    He has not got what it takes IMO and he is not going to find it trying to ride his luck which he seems to have been doing since his initial appointment.    Sorry Scott but my faith in you has evaporated completely after yesterday.

Mine evaporated a long long time ago.
Unfortunately my faith in Parker was tempered by the Khans' ability to appoint a worthy successor.  Our only hope is that there is another Jokanovic out there somewhere and the Khans look in the right place.  It's a long shot in my opinion even then.   Tough tiimes ahead.