watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The chance ruben wasted yesterday

Started by Willham, April 19, 2021, 02:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willham

I havent seen any comment about this yet but the biggest let down for me yesterday was when anguissa fought well on the half way line to win the ball, and he did incredibly well to poke the ball into the feet of ruben then anguissa burst into a forward run
I cant remember who else it was, might have been decordova but we actually broke and raced forward, it was just beginning to look like a 2 on 3 situation and both passes were on for Ruben, who took his time, dilly dallying then had the ball swiped from under his feet from a very relieved defender who look astonished he won the ball so easily.

THAT was a massive mistake and is why we dont win games.
If ruben was even a league 2 standard player one of those passes would have been made, I feel even sunday league footballers would have done better there.

I have been with a lot of people on this board that Rubens not the best but I've always reserved a chance for him to show hes something else. That yesterday was unforgivable.
If I was manager of forest green hed be straight in my reserves

How a person has become a professional footballer is beyond me. I could scout plenty better at the local playing field.

I mentioned why is SP making a decision to  put ruben  on at work today, and they replied maybe he was trying to keep the ball. Well we have mitrovic on the bench, holding up play is mitrovics bread and butter.

Sack him! And no I dont want Mourinho, mourinho breeds boring football

_Putney_

He was poor any time he had the ball yesterday.

FFC In Oz

That was his worst performance for us, and that's saying something considering how poor he has generally been.

Most disappointing signing in a long time.

Willham

Well he might play in the super league 😅.
As long as that keeps him out of the england team

Lambo

Quote from: _Putney_ on April 19, 2021, 02:08:44 PM
He was poor any time he had the ball yesterday.

He has been poor all season, one goal no assists - with 5 games to play. He can go back to CFC and go play in the new SL   :Get Coat gif:

rebel

Quote from: Willham on April 19, 2021, 02:06:42 PM
I havent seen any comment about this yet but the biggest let down for me yesterday was when anguissa fought well on the half way line to win the ball, and he did incredibly well to poke the ball into the feet of ruben then anguissa burst into a forward run
I cant remember who else it was, might have been decordova but we actually broke and raced forward, it was just beginning to look like a 2 on 3 situation and both passes were on for Ruben, who took his time, dilly dallying then had the ball swiped from under his feet from a very relieved defender who look astonished he won the ball so easily.

THAT was a massive mistake and is why we dont win games.
If ruben was even a league 2 standard player one of those passes would have been made, I feel even sunday league footballers would have done better there.

I have been with a lot of people on this board that Rubens not the best but I've always reserved a chance for him to show hes something else. That yesterday was unforgivable.
If I was manager of forest green hed be straight in my reserves

How a person has become a professional footballer is beyond me. I could scout plenty better at the local playing field.

I mentioned why is SP making a decision to  put ruben  on at work today, and they replied maybe he was trying to keep the ball. Well we have mitrovic on the bench, holding up play is mitrovics bread and butter.

Sack him! And no I dont want Mourinho, mourinho breeds boring football

Agree 100%. Mitro would have done a lot better in that situation. I'd love to know what Parker told him too do.

The very least would be to expend every bit of energy, even if they had to stretcher me off at the end.  what it takes to chase that ball down for every second he was on the pitch. If I was on the pitch, I wouldn't need telling. I'd be doing that. 

filham

RLC had a good spell with Chelsea and England and is now living off that remembered form.

WindyCity

Whenever I see RLC unable to produce that final quality, I just yawn and think to myself 'what else is new?'.

I recall a play when he was on the ball near the touch line and tried to pass the ball back to an open player that would have produced a quality chance.  Of course the ball was passed directly to an Arsenal man.  I don't know if that's the play the OP is referencing, but I just don't see any final quality to RLC's game.  Totally disappointing, highly touted player this year.  Will be glad when I don't have to see him on the pitch wearing FFC colors.

rebel

Quote from: WindyCity on April 19, 2021, 04:06:31 PM
Whenever I see RLC unable to produce that final quality, I just yawn and think to myself 'what else is new?'.

I recall a play when he was on the ball near the touch line and tried to pass the ball back to an open player that would have produced a quality chance.  Of course the ball was passed directly to an Arsenal man.  I don't know if that's the play the OP is referencing, but I just don't see any final quality to RLC's game.  Totally disappointing, highly touted player this year.  Will be glad when I don't have to see him on the pitch wearing FFC colors.

The incident is where he could of passed to the left or the right, but instead he dwelt on it for so long, the opportunity was gone and he gave the ball away.

Twig

Quote from: filham on April 19, 2021, 03:26:57 PM
RLC had a good spell with Chelsea and England and is now living off that remembered form.

He did and he looked a prospect but he doesn't any more. If it has been the injury that has permanently impacted his form then I'm sorry for him, if it's laziness then it's unforgivable. Either way he's simply not good enough to play for Fulham FC.

WindyCity

Quote from: Twig on April 19, 2021, 04:32:41 PM
Quote from: filham on April 19, 2021, 03:26:57 PM
He did and he looked a prospect but he doesn't any more. If it has been the injury that has permanently impacted his form then I'm sorry for him, if it's laziness then it's unforgivable. Either way he's simply not good enough to play for Fulham FC.

TBH, if this is in fact his new/current form, I really don't see how he makes Chelsea starting XI.

Denver Fulham

The worst one was him losing the ball under almost no pressure on the sideline conceding the throw-in that ultimately led to their goal.

RLC's had a bad season by any measure, and he was terrible yesterday in his cameo. It just didn't work out with us. I don't wish him ill, but I'll be happy not to have to watch him play for us anymore come a month's time.