watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle

Started by grandad, April 24, 2021, 02:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

1-1 equalising in 5th min of added time. Virtually safe now.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Riversider

They were never going to be involved.

perry geyton

Yep the old Geordie maggots have more balls then we do

clarkey

They deserved it. I hope Parker was watching actually because Newcastle were chasing the game at the end, like we have been on a few recent occasions. And they had the diver Wilson, Gayle and St Maxi-man all flat out attackers ably supported by three midfielders bombing forward looking for goals.

When we go flat out we have one up and possibly one other in the area of. But have yet to play the obvious line up of Bobby DR, Mitro and Maja from the first whistle.Three up top does not seem so crazy does it when you need to score a goal ?

Instead we have maybe Mitro or Maja, definitely Cav somewhere around the middle and RLC dawdling in the middle as well. No wonder we never look like taking a defence apart.Just barmy tactics.

WindyCity

Fair play to Newcastle.  When the going got tough, the tough got going.  They captured wins and draws down the stretch when they were in survival mode.  They got the job done.  Cap tip to them.  This is why a team such as this survives, and a team such as FFC flops.

Jim©

I love all this fair play to Newcastle. Anyone that watched the game knows they should have lost by about 5 goals. Luckiest team this season by a mile

WindyCity

Yeah, and I guess FFC is the unluckiest team ever, maybe in the history of English football......

blingo

Quote from: Jim© on April 24, 2021, 05:04:40 PM
I love all this fair play to Newcastle. Anyone that watched the game knows they should have lost by about 5 goals. Luckiest team this season by a mile

I think the point being made Jim is that they didn't give up.

filham

Ironic that Newcastle hit an equalizer in the 95th minute whereas we conceive an equalizer in 87th minute, is that the difference between being attack minded and defensive minded.

Jules

Yes well done to Newcastle. Another good result. They have ground out wins and draws and showed attacking intent with the return of their quality strikers. Big difference that has made, and that's why they are staying up and we are going down.

Fernhurst

Quote from: WindyCity on April 24, 2021, 05:13:39 PM
Yeah, and I guess FFC is the unluckiest team ever, maybe in the history of English football......

Ohhh do I agree with that
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Jim© on April 24, 2021, 05:04:40 PM
LOL, the only comment I can come up with at the moment!

davew

Quote from: WindyCity on April 24, 2021, 04:51:29 PM
Fair play to Newcastle.  When the going got tough, the tough got going.  They captured wins and draws down the stretch when they were in survival mode.  They got the job done.  Cap tip to them.  This is why a team such as this survives, and a team such as FFC flops.
Exactly, Steve Bruce has worked wonders with a team doomed for relegation and with key players missing, while we had Scott Parker and more or less a full squad. they stay up and we won't, a fair result!