watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you take Mourinho?

Started by blingo, April 19, 2021, 12:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrismmo

He would bring in great players on his reputation alone and would guarantee a return to the prem (if needed).

It will never happen though.

WindyCity

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 19, 2021, 05:06:47 PM
He is so dam egotistical. NNNnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

This mostly for me why I don't want this egotistical asshat managing my club.  Yes he has had much success in his managing career, but I do think things have dropped off for him in recent years, with some rather quick sackings.  And yes, he has become a sort of caricature.  Not sure what of, but seems more a cartoon than anything else.  And that massive ego rubs me the wrong way.  NO TY!!

rebel

As I said previously, he was going anyway, he has 'under performed', the Super League gave the club and him the perfect opportunity to part ways 'soon rather then later'. 

blingo

Quote from: rebel on April 21, 2021, 04:05:41 PM
As I said previously, he was going anyway, he has 'under performed', the Super League gave the club and him the perfect opportunity to part ways 'soon rather then later'. 

Come on Mr Rebel be realistic. He is the 3rd most successful manager of all time

blingo

Quote from: WindyCity on April 21, 2021, 04:00:56 PM
He is so dam egotistical. NNNnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

This mostly for me why I don't want this egotistical asshat managing my club.  Yes he has had much success in his managing career, but I do think things have dropped off for him in recent years, with some rather quick sackings.  And yes, he has become a sort of caricature.  Not sure what of, but seems more a cartoon than anything else.  And that massive ego rubs me the wrong way.  NO TY!!

Maybe we need some of that "EGO" to make us into the club we'd like to be. If you are happy being a "YOYO" club fair enough, but I personally would love us to bring home trophy's and win the league. I guess it all boils down to whether or not you want Fulham to develop, or remain the same as we have for years. Funny how no one moaned about success when we got to the final of the Europa Cup eh?

Bassey the warrior

Not way. The Donald Trump of football.

blingo

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on April 21, 2021, 05:59:49 PM
Not way. The Donald Trump of football.

So you prefer the Parker ball style of football?

WindyCity

Quote from: blingo on April 21, 2021, 05:38:39 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on April 21, 2021, 04:00:56 PM

Maybe we need some of that "EGO" to make us into the club we'd like to be. If you are happy being a "YOYO" club fair enough, but I personally would love us to bring home trophy's and win the league. I guess it all boils down to whether or not you want Fulham to develop, or remain the same as we have for years. Funny how no one moaned about success when we got to the final of the Europa Cup eh?

Who said anything about being happy being a yo-yo club?  I sure didn't.  I'm not happy.  "I'm not satisfied!" (Fawlty reference)  Of course we all want to see FFC develop and become a regular side in the Prem.  Who says it can only happen with the likes of Jose Assclown Mourinho?   I'm sure there are plenty of managers that can take FFC where we all want to see them go, including, possibly, even SP.  I don't see Mourinho as the end all or necessarily FFC's salvation.  I'll pass......

Willham

Could you imagine his press conference if we had just lost to a Luton?

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on April 19, 2021, 12:24:48 PM
I wouldn't think twice.
Really outdid yourself with this post Bongo

simplyfulham

Quote from: blingo on April 21, 2021, 05:36:10 PM

Come on Mr Rebel be realistic. He is the 3rd most successful manager of all time

What are you on?

The Rock

I don't think he can manage a non-top club.

He has no experience managing an average side, let alone one in a relegation battle.

I'd think he'd be too afraid to take on something like that as well.

Willham

I honestly dont think he coaches teams well anymore, I actually loved him in his first stint at chelsea, even though its chelsea.

I remember him running along the touchline and sliding on his knees, he smiled, actually smiled and seemed gracious in the rare defeat.

But I dont recognise this mourinho, as soon as he arrived back at chelsea he seemed a different man and it seems to reflect in his teams.

I wouldnt be too suprised if kane left tottenham this summer and if that happens then he, Mourinho has single handed put Tottenham so far behind, chelsea were in a dire position when he left, along with a transfer embargo their still rebuilding from Mourinho's mess, you could even argue the transfer embargo came from having too much faith in Mourinho and then also spending big trying to sweep up.

He is leaving clubs in a worst state then he begins, that's not what we want, we want a manager who can build up a team. Mourinho would be a mess!

blingo

Quote from: simplyfulham on April 22, 2021, 04:21:00 PM

What are you on?

Look up the facts before making silly comments and embarrassing yourself.

simplyfulham

Quote from: blingo on April 22, 2021, 10:20:41 PM

What are you on?

1. Sir Alex Ferguson (48 Titles)
-
2. Mircea Lucescu (32 Titles)
-
3. Valeriy Lobanovskyi (29 Titles)
-
4. Pep Guardiola (27 Titles)
-
5. Jock Stein (26 Titles)

... and that's before we even talk about successful managers who don't have the trophy haul to match their influence on the game like Paisley, Cruyff, Michels or Wenger.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of dodgy opinion there Blingo  :54:

blingo

Quote from: simplyfulham on April 23, 2021, 03:31:53 PM

What are you on?

-
-
-
-

... and that's before we even talk about successful managers who don't have the trophy haul to match their influence on the game like Paisley, Cruyff, Michels or Wenger.

No lets not

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/Top-10-Best-Football-Managers-In-The-World

Buffalo76

Quote from: Chrismmo on April 21, 2021, 10:36:32 AM
He would bring in great players on his reputation alone and would guarantee a return to the prem (if needed).

It will never happen though.

:plus one:
That's it and that's all.

blingo

Whichever stats you go by, JM is one of the worlds best managers and I for one would love to see him at Fulham.

YankeeJim

Quote from: blingo on April 23, 2021, 04:58:46 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on April 23, 2021, 03:31:53 PM

What are you on?

-
-
-
-

No lets not

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/Top-10-Best-Football-Managers-In-The-World

Your list is for active managers. The man has been successful and I'm sure that explains your hero worship but you can't deny that he hasn't lasted for long anywhere since Porto and he always leaves the team in turmoil. If you need someone for one year of success than he is an option but if your a low budget team like Fulham, he'd be a disaster.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.