Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1

Only team not to notch up a win in their last 6 games in the league

COME ON FULHAM, SORT IT OUT !!!

Jules

Absolutely woeful! Down we go  :016:

filham

Something wrong with that table, we have drawn  with Arsenal and beaten Liverpool in the last six games I think.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: filham on April 23, 2021, 10:35:25 PM
Something wrong with that table, we have drawn  with Arsenal and beaten Liverpool in the last six games I think.

Your right, thats odd... Liverpool.seems SO long ago, but only 5 games back.

d5's post above is the correct form table.

I guess this thread might actually slightly cheer people up then when they read through it.

d5

Yes, between us we've managed to gain 3 points in the past 4 hours. If we keep going at that rate, we might stay up!

filham

Form, when did we see anything resembling that at Fulham.

Southdowns White

5 points from a possible 24 in our last 8 games suggest a poor team or bad management, for me it's more lack of ambition from Parker, I'm really not sure he has the experience to play any other way than his brand of super safe football than has won us very little this season. I do believe there are other managers who could have got more out of this squad than he has. We have been chasing the pack for way too long and are sitting in a no hope relegation spot by some margin, will Parker change things? I think we all know the answer.

clarkey

You're right Southdowns White, our squad is pretty good. The defence has been stable for some time but we have not selected the right attacking players nor had the flexibility or invention to change games and play more offensive football.

There was a great post on here about a year ago that showed that too much possession was merely a defensive factor, it bore no relation to scoring.And that is what we did under Parker in the Championship, we passed from side to side to effectively run the clock down.We very rarely put a game to bed when we had a much stronger squad than most opposition sides. Then once promoted we failed to assess the squad properly after the play offs, let some of the better players leave, like StefJo, and failed to pursue a striker.

Tony Khan got in what Parker asked for: defenders.CDM's and did really well for us in truth.He also belatedly got in Maja but we needed a couple of strikers in September. Josh King for example.

But then Parker failed to ever start the three forwards that we did have in one game BDR, Mitro and Maja just were never once all selected. Amazing isn't it ?.BDR got shunted back to wing back when we had four full backs all capable of playing in that position.

And then of course add the bizarre subbing, the cult of Cav and RLC, and the lack of any inventive free kicks, corners or even penalty practise.

All adds up to rank amateur coaching.And lack of intelligence.

Nice guy but not the brightest. Shame.

ALG01

something fishy about this thread
parker may have made errors and yes might have done better but public enemy number one is the DoF
The squad is dreadful. we have no attacking players worthy of the name.
mitro started the season unfit/out of form, picjk the one you want and we had no back up.
we have no depth to the squad, no plan B because we simply do not have the players for a plan B
from the first arsenal gamne it was clear we were lacking up top.
sure we needed defenders and got some, including the injured kongolo for some bizare reason, but no forwards

Come january we needed to bring some cutting edge, but waited to the last second to get maja, who I do  like, but not what we needed and 4 weeks to late.

having a team of good defenders is Ok but too easy for prem teams to stop.

NO MANAGER WOULD HAVE DONE  MUCH BETTER

that is the fact. another season passes where the key man in transfers is not up to it and is bullet proof

For those having a go at parker time to wake up and smell the coffee.. TK undermined slav, gotin risk free ranieri and now pulled the rug from under parker.

we cannot progress until the true villian of the peace is removed from office. he is a nice blokem or seems so, but the road to hell is pave with good intention.

if he remains expect more of the same.

Parker could have done better, but we were doomed from day one.

Nero

Quote from: ALG01 on April 25, 2021, 03:11:32 PM
parker may have made errors and yes might have done better but public enemy number one is the DoF
mitro started the season unfit/out of form, picjk the one you want and we had no back up.
we have no depth to the squad, no plan B because we simply do not have the players for a plan B
sure we needed defenders and got some, including the injured kongolo for some bizare reason, but no forwards

Come january we needed to bring some cutting edge, but waited to the last second to get maja, who I do  like, but not what we needed and 4 weeks to late.

that is the fact. another season passes where the key man in transfers is not up to it and is bullet proof

For those having a go at parker time to wake up and smell the coffee.. TK undermined slav, gotin risk free ranieri and now pulled the rug from under parker.

we cannot progress until the true villian of the peace is removed from office. he is a nice blokem or seems so, but the road to hell is pave with good intention.

The point is if Parker had bothered to attack we could have the points we needed to stay up, when was the last time we had a forward running on to a ball at pace, that isnt down to TK that down to Parker, We couldn't spend 100M+ on players in the middle of a pandemic, we got the players parker wanted the defense sorted and defensive midfielders, the lack of options upfront now is also down to Parker sending AK and Kebano on loan when Cav has been poor all season,  we could Usain Bolt in the team and Parker would still want it played to his feet stood still instead of into space for him to run on to and cross to Mitro

ALG01

Quote from: Nero on April 25, 2021, 05:15:44 PM

The point is if Parker had bothered to attack we could have the points we needed to stay up, when was the last time we had a forward running on to a ball at pace, that isnt down to TK that down to Parker, We couldn't spend 100M+ on players in the middle of a pandemic, we got the players parker wanted the defense sorted and defensive midfielders, the lack of options upfront now is also down to Parker sending AK and Kebano on loan when Cav has been poor all season,  we could Usain Bolt in the team and Parker would still want it played to his feet stood still instead of into space for him to run on to and cross to Mitro

I do know what the point is. Parker did not send them away, they were sent away on the understanding others were coming.
we simply do not have a forward line... mitro ihas been totally stationary this season
I think parker did brilliantly to get the defence correct but we are unable to play on the break because we do not have the players
we cannot play all out attack because we have a dreadful central midfield, no way up to playing offensive football
believe me I have seen it all before and parker is not the problem... i usually slag off the manager all the time but I am so sorry for parker, he cannot win with this tenth rate squad.
if the manager changes next season it will be just as awful until the DoF, the owners son, is removed from office. If I said what I really think of him I would be permantely removed from the MB.

Asotosyios

Quote from: ALG01 on April 25, 2021, 06:33:33 PM
Quote from: Nero on April 25, 2021, 05:15:44 PM

I do know what the point is. Parker did not send them away, they were sent away on the understanding others were coming.

Parker did send them away - they had rarely played and he admitted that they would play even less.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/scott-parker-makes-admission-over-transfer-involving-fulham-and-middlesbrough/amp/

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

rebel

We have lost 21 points from a winning etc position. The inability to close games out, i.e. either by scoring more goals or being solid for 90 minutes plus in defence or utilizing subs correctly. So we should already be safe.