watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I find the Championship so depressing

Started by JoelH5, April 20, 2021, 08:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

I know you could say this season has been but at least we get to play these massive teams and get shock results against your Liverpools, see the best players in the world play against us and sign great players too like Areola, Andersen etc.

I'm absolutely dreading 40 odd games of Championship football next year.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

bobbo

I'm not in fact I love the away days in the championship .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SuffolkWhite

I know we should be in the Prem but playing in the Champ does not bother me at all, I like the Games against Barnsley and Millwall etc. It is what it is.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

SP

I watched a bit of the Norwich v Watford & Bees v Cardiff games this evening, dour stuff, the standard this year doesn't look good.  If we drop, I'm fairly confident we'll have a good chance next season.

ALG01

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 20, 2021, 08:47:00 PM
I know you could say this season has been but at least we get to play these massive teams and get shock results against your Liverpools, see the best players in the world play against us and sign great players too like Areola, Andersen etc.

I agree

we are watching some of the best players in the world we have some very good players. the championship is a standard down and at its worst is awful. it is a bad thing and the idea people prefer it because we win a few more games is childish. you have to aspire to be better and if that is a struggle for a while, so be it but if you survive and rise up then it becomes a pleasure. all we need is somebody with proper vision to lead us.

Milo

Not just about winning games, but also about a broad range of away games against some historically big teams. Ease of acquiring tickets if not a season ticket holder, etc.

JoelH5

Quote from: ALG01 on April 20, 2021, 10:16:47 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on April 20, 2021, 08:47:00 PM

I agree

we are watching some of the best players in the world we have some very good players. the championship is a standard down and at its worst is awful. it is a bad thing and the idea people prefer it because we win a few more games is childish. you have to aspire to be better and if that is a struggle for a while, so be it but if you survive and rise up then it becomes a pleasure. all we need is somebody with proper vision to lead us.

Exactly. We have to get excited signing players like Ben Pringle instead of Anguissa.

Lighthouse

Oddly enough playing against the so called big clubs used to be exciting. Fancy little Fulham winning at Old Trafford. But now the big clubs no longer feel as big as they once did. We don't feel as big as we were when we had our 13 season or whatever it was spell in the Prem. Football and the big clubs no longer hold the same fascination.

The Championship just feels like a mixture of the honest week in week out struggle and roller coaster ride that football used to feel like. It just feels less fraudulent. Does that make sense? So going to the Championship, promotion is the aim but we have become a yoyo club so the struggle and the journey is always more entertaining than the final destination.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Texas White

I have found premier league pretty depressing to be honest

St Eve

Nothing exciting about the championship

alfie

To be fair it's not the Premier league's fault that we couldn't hack it, that's down to us, if this season had worked in our favour and done what West Ham for example have done we would be loving it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

KingofCheese

To be honest I find both depressing and enjoyable for different reasons - in the Championship we have a chance to win the League but it is a long hard slog, in the Premier League, yes it is great to win against so called "big clubs" (and Spurs) but it is depressing that we are competing against what are effectively rich corporations or rich countries "national" teams.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

grandad

I enjoy the Championship. Real teams playing in front of true supporters on a more level playing field. Of course I would like us to be in the PL but apart from the financial rewards most outside the "Big 6" are just make weights.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FulhamStu

Quote from: SP on April 20, 2021, 08:59:15 PM
I watched a bit of the Norwich v Watford & Bees v Cardiff games this evening, dour stuff, the standard this year doesn't look good.  If we drop, I'm fairly confident we'll have a good chance next season.

I watched the 1st half of Norwich v Watford and found the football excellent, end to end, loads of chances, both side had had 8 efforts on goal after about 30 minutes.  Yes there is less quality, more defending errors but it's a much better watch.  Both sides did have quality players on show and there was hardly any pissing about at the back !

SuffolkWhite

I hope Brentford don't go up so we have the opportunity to sing WEMBLEY  WEMBLEY WEMBLEY
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bog

I am just happy we have a club. I recall the dark days on the edge of going under. We could be Sheff Weds, Portsmouth or Sunderland. I think the Championship to be a realistic division. Bottom of the league Wycombe recently nearly won at Swansea. I have many good memories of this league, it took me to Wembley for the first time in 67years.   If it is then so be it.    049:gif

092.gif   

alfie

Quote from: grandad on April 21, 2021, 08:38:58 AM
I enjoy the Championship. Real teams playing in front of true supporters on a more level playing field. Of course I would like us to be in the PL but apart from the financial rewards most outside the "Big 6" are just make weights.
Why does playing the Championship make you a true supporter?. My son since a very young age has been a fanatical Arsenal supporter, he is now in his 40's, is he not a true supporter because Arsenal are in the Premiership.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

JoelH5

People won't like this but it seems that those who are happy to play in the Championship are making excuses to numb the pain of relegation

Southdowns White

Personally I quite like the Championship. I am 55 years old though and have watched us in all four divisions , I do not want a repeat of last season though, Painful to watch football from us, I just hope that Parker has put that football behind him. A good manager will adapt his style of playing to suit the players he has available at any given time. I just hope Parker has learnt the lesson that chances are, He will not have the perfect team of players he wants and will need metaphorically, 'to make a foot to fit the shoe' as the shoe he is given may be an odd shape.

rebel

Quote from: Southdowns White on April 21, 2021, 09:33:15 AM
Personally I quite like the Championship. I am 55 years old though and have watched us in all four divisions , I do not want a repeat of last season though, Painful to watch football from us, I just hope that Parker has put that football behind him. A good manager will adapt his style of playing to suit the players he has available at any given time. I just hope Parker has learnt the lesson that chances are, He will not have the perfect team of players he wants and will need metaphorically, 'to make a foot to fit the shoe' as the shoe he is given may be an odd shape.

Do you remember the 1889 season?