watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Super League aftermath

Started by ALG01, April 21, 2021, 01:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

The greedy 6 have changed theoiir minds after being shamed into action.
BUT
They, of their own free will, with malice aforethought, attempted to perpetrate a heinous crime.

They need to be punished, sorry is just not good enough. I heard the liverpool owner and frankly what he said was an insult and I'm not sure was entirely true. He said they would not have proceeded unless the fans agreed. I didn't see anywhere where they said that in the declaration for the super league, it was presented a sa fait acomplis.

These six teams and their greedy self centered owners need to be punished. Just to demote them seems appropriate but that will destabilise whatever divoision they are sent too.  No point in a fincial attack, that they can afford. But banned from all european/world  tournaments for say 8 years plus a 25 point points deduction would seem more or less appropriate to me.

Their intent was to start a proper super league, not midweek but to have these teams withdraw from national leagues, for that is where they were going with this. They would have become the tail that wagged the dog.

They cannot be allowed to get away scot free.

JoelH5

They should be relegated. Simple as. They can then work their way up from the Championship to the PL.

It wont happen though as the PL are exactly the same. They want them in there for the TV rights money.

They managed to get naïve football fans wound up over it so they would fight their cause for them. Exactly what Uefa did. Uefa talk about saving football. Were they saving football when they sold their votes for the WC to Qatar?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ALG01

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 21, 2021, 01:11:40 PM
They should be relegated. Simple as. They can then work their way up from the Championship to the PL.

It wont happen though as the PL are exactly the same. They want them in there for the TV rights money.

They managed to get naïve football fans wound up over it so they would fight their cause for them. Exactly what Uefa did. Uefa talk about saving football. Were they saving football when they sold their votes for the WC to Qatar?

The problem for me with relegation is that the teams in the divions they drop into will be substantially disadvantaged foir at least two seasons. Whilst emotionally i am in favour it wouldn't be fair on the teams already in those divisions. Just my opinion.

rebel

Quote from: ALG01 on April 21, 2021, 01:16:27 PM

The problem for me with relegation is that the teams in the divions they drop into will be substantially disadvantaged foir at least two seasons. Whilst emotionally i am in favour it wouldn't be fair on the teams already in those divisions. Just my opinion.

What's below the 'Isthmian league'? that's the league they need be relegated to. Just take all the points away for 'bringing the game into disrepute'. Confiscate all their Premiership footballs, see what they do then.   

JoelH5

They would but there is no point docking them money as that will make the whole problem worse. Dock them 6 points or something? What's that going to do, mean they wont be in the CL which they were happy to leave anyway... Anyway, the PL will give them a handshake behind closed doors and give them a 6 month irrelevant transfer ban.

They are all as bad as each other

Twig

Nothing will be done. The Prem knows which side it's bread is buttered on.

ALG01

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 21, 2021, 01:26:22 PM

They would but there is no point docking them money as that will make the whole problem worse. Dock them 6 points or something? What's that going to do, mean they wont be in the CL which they were happy to leave anyway... Anyway, the PL will give them a handshake behind closed doors and give them a 6 month irrelevant transfer ban.

They are all as bad as each other

The real problem is foiotball is rotten from the top down.
It is genuinely hard to know what to do for the best but it does need to be very unpleasant.

ALG01

Quote from: Twig on April 21, 2021, 01:34:10 PM
Nothing will be done. The Prem knows which side it's bread is buttered on.

I am very afraid you are right. a slap on the wrist and a promise to be good.

I hate wjhat has happened to the game of football.

Even the rules were changed to favour the bigger clubs and it is way worse for that.

H4usuallysitting

Super League website is still live....not sure this has gone away yet.... they're only interested in short term cash

JoelH5

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 21, 2021, 02:27:04 PM
Super League website is still live....not sure this has gone away yet.... they're only interested in short term cash

Madrid refusing to leave apparently. They are finished unless they get money from somewhere

SuffolkWhite

Scrap FFP, and let the big teams go bankrupt if they can't budget properly like any other business!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Cambridge Pete

Highly unlikely that anything other than a derisory "slap on the wrist" will happen. Sky,BT etc want the big clubs in the Premier League so once again money will be the ruling factor. Agree with Suffolk White's comment. As a retired FD if I had allowed the companies I worked for to get into such a parlous state as many football clubs I would, at best, have been fired and at worse faced litigation and being struck off.  Whilst on field Fulham may be a tad disappointing off field it appears that the Khan's have brought their business acumen to the table and are staying within the rules. Long term, if what we read is correct, teams such as Real Madrid will "go to the wall". Well run clubs will survive

winterline

There should be a massive point deduction by EPL and they should be banned from  Europa or Champions League next year, I think it won't occur but here's to hoping.

I do really hope that fans leave them in droves.

Sammyffc

this talk of punishment is pretty hilarious, people are so dramatic.

Lets think, what could they actually be punished for ? none of them did anything wrong, nothing against the rules ... nothing.
They just attempted to create their own tournament... that is all that happened.

To punish clubs who ( wrongly ) tried to create their own competition away from the FIFA/ UEFA mafia is pretty hilarious to be honest

rebel

Quote from: Sammyffc on April 21, 2021, 03:40:50 PM

Lets think, what could they actually be punished for ? none of them did anything wrong, nothing against the rules ... nothing.
They just attempted to create their own tournament... that is all that happened.

To punish clubs who ( wrongly ) tried to create their own competition away from the FIFA/ UEFA mafia is pretty hilarious to be honest

Total nonsense, when you sign up to the Premiership Rules, UEFA Rules, FA Rules etc. You are signing up to those Rules, you have certain obligations, you can't just 'up sticks' and decide to do your own thing. 

Also notice the 6 British clubs 'fell like dominoes' after the other 14 Premier League Clubs met and ideas were mooted around what actions they would take as a 'collective'.

Sammyffc

Quote from: rebel on April 21, 2021, 03:56:26 PM

Total nonsense, when you sign up to the Premiership Rules, UEFA Rules, FA Rules etc. You are signing up to those Rules, you have certain obligations, you can't just 'up sticks' and decide to do your own thing. 

Also notice the 6 British clubs fell like dominoes after the other 14 Premier League Clubs met and ideas were mooted around what actions they would take as a 'collective'.

Please show me where they broke legal contracts by exiting UEFA ? i will wait ..... they all followed the law and left the ECA accordingly

Secondly, it was the premier league who was threatening to kick them out.... not the other way around ....

winterline

From 4:55
EPL rule L.9 states "clubs shall not ENTER or play in a competition WITHOUT prior approval from Premier league boards" 

rebel

Quote from: winterline on April 21, 2021, 04:20:47 PM

EPL rule L.9 states "clubs shall not ENTER or play in a competition WITHOUT prior approval from Premier league boards" 

Thanks Winterline.

rebel

Quote from: Sammyffc on April 21, 2021, 03:59:58 PM
Quote from: rebel on April 21, 2021, 03:56:26 PM

Also notice the 6 British clubs fell like dominoes after the other 14 Premier League Clubs met and ideas were mooted around what actions they would take as a 'collective'.

Please show me where they broke legal contracts by exiting UEFA ? i will wait ..... they all followed the law and left the ECA accordingly

Secondly, it was the premier league who was threatening to kick them out.... not the other way around ....

If you think all the millions and billions are 'swirling' around football without Rules, you need to think again. Probably the reason why you don't see Man Utd play in the  Copa del Rey.

Sammyffc

Quote from: rebel on April 21, 2021, 04:29:51 PM
Quote from: winterline on April 21, 2021, 04:20:47 PM

Thanks Winterline.

Richard Masters ( Head of the Premier League ) '' "Premier League rules contain a commitment amongst clubs to remain within the football pyramid and forbid any clubs from entering competitions beyond those listed in Rule L9, without Premier League board permission.

"I cannot envisage any scenario where such permission would be granted. ''

So, what rule has been broken? it appears the clubs applied for permission, as per the rules.