watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Season 21/22 official scouting thread

Started by Riversider, April 24, 2021, 10:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

If you come across any decent looking players that you think could do a job for us next season, please post their name here,
Daryl Dike,  Barnsley (on loan from Orlando) U.S International striker, only 20 years old, but looks a real handful,  Eddie Johnson he is not.

filham

Quote from: Riversider on April 24, 2021, 10:59:26 AM
If you come across any decent looking players that you think could do a job for us next season, please post their name here,
Daryl Dike,  Barnsley (on loan from Orlando) U.S International striker, only 20 years old, but looks a real handful,  Eddie Johnson he is not.
He could be playing in the Premier League next season alongside Cauley Woodrow, that must sound more attractive to him than moving to us in the Championship and playing with Cav and Reid.

bobby01

Clarke Harris at the posh. 26, scored 53 goals so far in 2 seasons.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Riversider

If Bournemouth don't go up we should be all over Danjuma,  exactly the type of Number 10 that we have lacked all season.

Moltobueno

Phil Stant

Quote from: Riversider on April 25, 2021, 11:21:15 AM
If Bournemouth don't go up we should be all over Danjuma,  exactly the type of Number 10 that we have lacked all season.
Agree.

Phil Stant

Nick Powell to possibly replace Cairney.
Expecting flack from some.

We Are Premier League

Ike Ugbo (5m)
Siriki Dembele (Free)
Alex Mowatt (Free)
Patrick Cutrone (Loan)
Harry Wilson (Loan)
Lee Grant (Free)
Kean Bryan (Free)
Alex Pritchard
Marek Hamsik (Free)

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Phil Stant on April 25, 2021, 09:03:21 PM
Nick Powell to possibly replace Cairney.
Expecting flack from some.

Good shout for a squad player, he is on a free and Stoke are struggling with FFP

We Are Premier League

Swap Kamara for Mama Baldé of Dijon
Zinedine Ferhat - from Nimes if they get relegated
Mamadou Loum - Porto
Jovane Cabral - Loan to buy

Whitestone

Two promising young strikers:

Caleb Chukwuemaka

Daryl Dike

We Are Premier League

Southcoastffc

Lucas Joao at Reading is scoring a little over 1 in 2 this season, not sure if that's just a one-season wonder thing though.  And Siriki Dembélé at Peterboro is worth a look -  24 year old winger/striker who creates, scores, known for his speed, taking on players with his dribbling ability and holding the ball bringing others into play.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

JimmyConway

It might depend on how Swansea end up but i like the look of Lowe up front. Technically very good - Great body strength - Decent pace. Ideal player to bring others into play.
On the subject of Swansea but a player they have on loan from Villa is Hourihane. I have always thought him to be a very good championship player from his days back at Barnsley. Has all the attributes. Him & Cairney together in Championship ideal.

FFC1987

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 26, 2021, 11:48:13 AM
Lucas Joao at Reading is scoring a little over 1 in 2 this season, not sure if that's just a one-season wonder thing though.  And Siriki Dembélé at Peterboro is worth a look -  24 year old winger/striker who creates, scores, known for his speed, taking on players with his dribbling ability and holding the ball bringing others into play.

Been plugging him all season (Joao). Athletic, good on the ball, works hard and knows where the net is although he's missed a few sitters this season!

Jim©

QUite like Nsame the forward from Young Boys Switzerland. 66 goals and 17 assists in 2 seasons. Europa goals against some decent opposition too ( Roma, Feyenoord, Porto etc).
As for midfielder with Anguissa & Lemina likely to be off, I'd quite like Billings from Bournemouth(or see if we can still get Lemina).

Defensively I really hope we try and sign Aina- like a better quality Dennis. Think his Italian side are going down so not too much of a stretch to think it could happen.

Riversider

Quote from: Jim© on April 26, 2021, 04:16:53 PM
QUite like Nsame the forward from Young Boys Switzerland. 66 goals and 17 assists in 2 seasons. Europa goals against some decent opposition too ( Roma, Feyenoord, Porto etc).
As for midfielder with Anguissa & Lemina likely to be off, I'd quite like Billings from Bournemouth(or see if we can still get Lemina).

Defensively I really hope we try and sign Aina- like a better quality Dennis. Think his Italian side are going down so not too much of a stretch to think it could happen.

Aina is a local lad whose family live in South London,  his brother already plays for the U18's ,
If we made a move for him there's every chance he would sign,
Ola and Lemina the rest can go.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Riversider on April 26, 2021, 06:31:10 PM
Quote from: Jim© on April 26, 2021, 04:16:53 PM

Aina is a local lad whose family live in South London,  his brother already plays for the U18's ,

I'd like to see Aina and Maja here partly as they count as homegrown; plus if Anguissa leaves (likely) then buy Lemina and loan Ryan Sessegnon, then extend either Betts or Fabri as backup.

We will have "one hell of a team" with defense our strength (Rodak, Tete, Hector, Tosin, Robinson, Reed) and six attacking players (Mitro, Reid, Knockaert, Cairney, Bryan and Sessegnon) that have been in the PFA Championship Team of the Year, plus hopefully Anguissa, Onamah or Maja joins that group.

Whitestone

[/quote]

I'd like to see Aina and Maja here partly as they count as homegrown; plus if Anguissa leaves (likely) then buy Lemina and loan Ryan Sessegnon, then extend either Betts or Fabri as backup.

We will have "one hell of a team" with defense our strength (Rodak, Tete, Hector, Tosin, Robinson, Reed) and six attacking players (Mitro, Reid, Knockaert, Cairney, Bryan and Sessegnon) that have been in the PFA Championship Team of the Year, plus hopefully Anguissa, Onamah or Maja joins that group.
[/quote]

The problem with your "one hell of team" is that it wouldn't stand "a cat in hells chance" of survival in the Premier League if promoted. We already know that the large majority of those players aren't Premier League ready. So the merry go round continues. More loanees and last minute signings etc. Another rebuild. Our recruitment system has repeatedly let us down. Unless the owners build a Championship squad where the bulk of the team have the ability/potential to compete at the higher level we will continue to be a yo yo team. We did that under Al Fayed with Tigana at the helm. It's time we did it again or history will continue to repeat itself.