watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

At the risk of being labelled a heretic, I actually want us to be relegated

Started by 3 Cherries, April 24, 2021, 08:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Cherries

I don't want us to catch Burnley - they are a much better team with more passion and balls than we've ever shown this season

We were promoted on the back of a very good (play-off final) one trick pony never to be repeated and for that Scotty should walk

The form doesn't lie - we are crap

And the sooner it becomes mathematically undoable the better so we can all be put out of our misery

Slaphead in Qatar

This relegation was entirely avoidable . We had a good enough set of players, but our Manager made us play far too much safety first football. And yes when we did go ahead in games we didn't have the bottle to hold onto our leads.

Andy S

If we do not deserve to stay up we will be relegated. It's not based on whether some idiot thinks people have made mistakes or how big they were it's based on points and goal difference. As for hoping your favourite team gets relegated I don't think you can even be classed as a supporter. please find another team to criticise

3 Cherries

Quote from: Andy S on April 24, 2021, 08:33:13 PM
If we do not deserve to stay up we will be relegated. It's not based on whether some idiot thinks people have made mistakes or how big they were it's based on points and goal difference. As for hoping your favourite team gets relegated I don't think you can even be classed as a supporter. please find another team to criticise

The grand inquisitor

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 24, 2021, 08:03:10 PM
I don't want us to catch Burnley - they are a much better team with more passion and balls than we've ever shown this season

We were promoted on the back of a very good (play-off final) one trick pony never to be repeated and for that Scotty should walk

The form doesn't lie - we are crap

And the sooner it becomes mathematically undoable the better so we can all be put out of our misery

Aren't you getting Fulham FC confused with the two teams you support both AFC Bournemouth & Boscombe.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

No true supporter would want their team to be relegated. Hold your head in shame.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deeping_white

3 Cherries

Quote from: grandad on April 24, 2021, 08:47:21 PM
No true supporter would want their team to be relegated. Hold your head in shame.

The thought police

3 Cherries

gang

Whitestone

Deeping_white

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 24, 2021, 08:50:08 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on April 24, 2021, 08:47:55 PM
Have you come and post this because you lost to Brentford today?

the Lynch mob

I'm not sure you know what a lynch mob is to be honest, and I notice you didn't answer the question either so am I to assume I'm correct?

3 Cherries

Quote from: Whitestone on April 24, 2021, 08:57:37 PM
A controversial post. I can't comprehend this way of thinking.

Its because I lost faith in the current coach/team to do anything different

Its like watching Groundhog Day every match

Andy S

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Logicalman

There are always different opinions, some are positive, some are neutral and some, as this OP indicates, are quite negative.

It's easier to ignore a post that is obviously provocative and there to garner a reaction.

From my pov, I believe if we can catch Burnley and survive then I welcome it, and it means that we were/are better than three other teams in doing so. Ultimately the results don't lie. Recalling the 2008 season we were in the same boat though we found a savior that time, no such person in on the horizon for us, as per our last last in the top league.

However, to wish that we get relegated for whatever reason (I told you so, or I don't rate our coach or our players aren't good enough, etc.) goes somewhat against the grain as to how I was brought up in my support for this club, whether that was the right way or not. By all means, if the coach isn't as good as he should be cracked up to be, then perhaps he should be replaced, but, like Slav did, SP got us promoted via  paly-off place, and, unfortunately, like Slav suffered, it appears SP is unlikely to keep us up for the consecutive season.

I still live in hope, the rather large lady is still warming up as far as I'm concerned, though it wouldn't surprise me to hear her dulcet tones in the near future, unfortunately.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Whitestone

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 24, 2021, 09:04:21 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on April 24, 2021, 08:57:37 PM
A controversial post. I can't comprehend this way of thinking.

Its because I lost faith in the current coach/team to do anything different

Its like watching Groundhog Day every match

Fair enough. I can understand that school of thought, although I think offensively we are seriously lacking the quality to unlock opposition defences. That's not the fault of the manager or his coaching team.

ALG01

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 24, 2021, 08:49:19 PM
Quote from: grandad on April 24, 2021, 08:47:21 PM

The thought police

I do not want us to be relegated and I am astonished anyone would say they do.
I do not think the squad was good enough and scott has done a top class job just getting us to spitting distance. He has made errors but no forwards no goauls is not his fault.

I want us to squeak through and hopefully get a proper DoF that has a clue/
Otherwise we will go down, the squad will dismantle, the manager may or may not go but the real culprit will faf about until august 31st getting a sub standard set of loanees in again and we will stumble.

But absolutely I cannot say I want my team to fail, what I want is the errors to be corrected.