https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan and a comparison to the ESL

Started by Baszab, April 25, 2021, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Quote from: Willham on April 26, 2021, 10:54:40 PM
I also completely disagree with the OP.
I like the Khans running the club and I think I honestly see improvement after improvement, remember when we first got relegated we nearly went all the way down to league one. But we never seem to give him credit for pulling us back up the championship and getting promoted. I said it in a previous post, I think hes made honest mistakes, but seems to learn from them. This bodes well for me because it speaks he has the clubs interest at heart.
If he didnt have the clubs interest at heart he wouldnt continue spending when times are good, as he wants to keep our club price high with wages and transfers irregular if not none existent while also selling players high when in form and at peak age, this doesnt seem to happen, we as a club do very well holding onto players, mitrovic being a big name here, obviously we've still sold some quality players but like sessegnon I think most were down to the players over khan. Instead he invests stupidly ridiculous prices on players like knocheart. This was massive mistake and left us nearly 20 mill out of pocket for prem investment this year but again this speaks a man with our club interests at heart...... "honest mistake"...... knockheart had even been in immense form when the deal was struck.

Also pub league teams are or at least a few are for sure advertisements. My adult sunday league side was called rapid solicitors, not one of us worked for them, not one of us had worked for them. They just said they'll give us some money if we call our team their name, we said alright, it paid like 25% of our yearly pitch fees 😆.

I admire your opinion.
But we have not had improvement after improvement and we are surely learnoing nothing from past mistakes.
we went down from the prem in their first season because they made massive errors throughout, especially three managers and not getting in proper people to run the club for them as they joined. When fayed joined he did so announcing kegan. His plan was in place.

The next season was a disaster because they did not recognise magath as a shambolic error of judgement nor selling all our prem players and replacing with third raters like fotheringham..we nearly went down. then we nearly went down again in the season following but got slav who during his time endlessly screamed he was intefered with especially in the respect of recruitment.

having gone up they squadered £100M...squandered! and three more managers, and as a result we went down letting slip a genius in slav.

we flujed our way back to the prem but as you say paid massively over the odds for underperforming knockers and cav both who had gone off for their teams and were unwanted. and this time TK fouled up recuritment big time, especially in january.

Mr Khan snr is not afraid to spend but surely has learned nothing. keeping his son in situ is frankly astonishing and I think the trajectory of travel for us if we go down (as looks 99% likely) may be rather unpleasant. the management of the recruitment is dysfunctional, it needs to be sorted, tony has to be removed like he would have been in any other team.

Tabby

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 27, 2021, 03:08:44 AM
This country doesn't have a "50+1 Rule" (the ideal system), and never will, so "The Khans" are better owners than most other alternatives. The ideal owner that I want is a "Generous Billionaire Fulham Fan" that is smart and knows football. I'd say "two out of three ain't bad", plenty of teams in the football league have an owner with "zero out of three qualities".

Broadly agree with this. Not a fan of billionaire owners in general, but the Khan family are just incompetent at worst.

alfie

Quote from: ALG01 on April 28, 2021, 04:24:14 PM
I like the Khans running the club and I think I honestly see improvement after improvement, remember when we first got relegated we nearly went all the way down to league one. But we never seem to give him credit for pulling us back up the championship and getting promoted. I said it in a previous post, I think hes made honest mistakes, but seems to learn from them. This bodes well for me because it speaks he has the clubs interest at heart.
If he didnt have the clubs interest at heart he wouldnt continue spending when times are good, as he wants to keep our club price high with wages and transfers irregular if not none existent while also selling players high when in form and at peak age, this doesnt seem to happen, we as a club do very well holding onto players, mitrovic being a big name here, obviously we've still sold some quality players but like sessegnon I think most were down to the players over khan. Instead he invests stupidly ridiculous prices on players like knocheart. This was massive mistake and left us nearly 20 mill out of pocket for prem investment this year but again this speaks a man with our club interests at heart...... "honest mistake"...... knockheart had even been in immense form when the deal was struck.

Also pub league teams are or at least a few are for sure advertisements. My adult sunday league side was called rapid solicitors, not one of us worked for them, not one of us had worked for them. They just said they'll give us some money if we call our team their name, we said alright, it paid like 25% of our yearly pitch fees 😆.

I admire your opinion.
But we have not had improvement after improvement and we are surely learnoing nothing from past mistakes.
we went down from the prem in their first season because they made massive errors throughout, especially three managers and not getting in proper people to run the club for them as they joined. When fayed joined he did so announcing kegan. His plan was in place.

The next season was a disaster because they did not recognise magath as a shambolic error of judgement nor selling all our prem players and replacing with third raters like fotheringham..we nearly went down. then we nearly went down again in the season following but got slav who during his time endlessly screamed he was intefered with especially in the respect of recruitment.

having gone up they squadered £100M...squandered! and three more managers, and as a result we went down letting slip a genius in slav.

we flujed our way back to the prem but as you say paid massively over the odds for underperforming knockers and cav both who had gone off for their teams and were unwanted. and this time TK fouled up recuritment big time, especially in january.

Mr Khan snr is not afraid to spend but surely has learned nothing. keeping his son in situ is frankly astonishing and I think the trajectory of travel for us if we go down (as looks 99% likely) may be rather unpleasant. the management of the recruitment is dysfunctional, it needs to be sorted, tony has to be removed like he would have been in any other team.

When you say " fouled up recruitment big time", that is something easy to say in hindsight, when we spent the first time most supporters seemed happy with recruitment, as I  have said before no one can know how any player is going to perform prior to them putting on that shirt and stepping over the line.

How did he fouled up in January, as I was informed Parker was happy with Mitro, Kamara, BDR and Cav and to concentrate on defence, now if that is correct and he recruited as per Parker's request, then how has he fouled up.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

I am confused. There seems to be opinions that say Khan is not very good at his job and has made mistakes. Then there those that says he doesn't care for the club and is only in it for the money. Which due to his mistakes we tend to have less of.

I mean by all means have a go at people who make the same mistakes and don't learn from them. But to say he doesn't care and all the rest of it is nonsense. He cares very much and like any human would like to be a success. The Khans are not going to make big money out of Fulham whatever they do. Certainly not the sort of money they get in American Football. But there is a prestige to be successful in one of the biggest leagues in the World. Without the silly money they throw at us we wouldn't be close to being a yo yo club just a no hope club.

Tony Khan isn't very good at his job. But that is all the criticism you can level at the family dynasty.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: alfie on April 28, 2021, 05:53:19 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on April 28, 2021, 04:24:14 PM

I admire your opinion.

When you say " fouled up recruitment big time", that is something easy to say in hindsight, when we spent the first time most supporters seemed happy with recruitment, as I  have said before no one can know how any player is going to perform prior to them putting on that shirt and stepping over the line.

How did he fouled up in January, as I was informed Parker was happy with Mitro, Kamara, BDR and Cav and to concentrate on defence, now if that is correct and he recruited as per Parker's request, then how has he fouled up.

He fouled up because he failed to provide us with a squad (and/or manager) that was good enough to avoid relegation. Whether some supporters 'seemed happy' with recruitment at some point in the past is completely irrelevant to TKs performance. Supporters aren't professionals hired by the club to recruit players (but then again, neither is Tony Khan...).

Willham

I havent quoted it avoided the super long list of all the previous messages so this is a reply to the above ^

Whether supporters and managers and pundits etc. All believe the recruitment is "amazing" that does speak loudly. When TK spent all that money everyone, that's professionals and couch experts thought he'd done wonders.
Especially on Seri, the man who was touted by barcelona etc. Etc. Etc. The superlatives for seri were ludicrous and we all know how that turned out.

Not if the whole world believed that was an amazing coup, then I'm sure TK did too, so much of a coup we accepted MLM, Seri's friend and another potential coup in a position we needed.
If both of these actually fulfilled their potential then TK would have been a genius.

Hindsight is fantastic,
Man utd a big club spent tons on pogba.a flop sort of.
Flops happen all the time, we have been incredibly unlucky
And to say TK isnt looking into the scouting system is a lie, he likes employing his statictions which a whole new conversation to have but this is also quite a new scouting idea to fulham so will have parts to iron out and secure. I imagine TK will continue to improve and improve his relationships with the scouting teams as he gives things a try.

I'm still quite 50 50 or even 60 40 towards TK has done good on transfers, last 1 or 2 seasons.
Minus knocheart, I think everything was well played in the championship.
Anguissa this year is because of a clever almost unheard of loan move to help pay wages while in the championship. That's where TK gets my highest praise. If we had managed to survive this year thatd of been thanks to some miracle of SP and TK, anguissa would have been a massive part of that miracle!
And on top of that, if we sold anguissa after being relegated, 10 mill would have been a decent loss,
If we hadn't managed to get promoted, the price anguissa earnt at Villarreal was 30 mill.
Previously mentioned was TKs lack of ability in keeping players prices high and I dont totally disagree but I point to improvements I've mentioned before, anguissa really represents one.