News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How much would he have been worth today?

Started by blingo, April 28, 2021, 11:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

I saw him many times. I think against Liverpool he scored 2 in a 2-0 win. Memory has faded a bit. Can anyone confirm. It was one of his early games when he joined.

Dr Know

Quote from: jarv on April 28, 2021, 01:14:33 PM
I saw him many times. I think against Liverpool he scored 2 in a 2-0 win. Memory has faded a bit. Can anyone confirm. It was one of his early games when he joined.
He scored both goals for us in a 2-2 draw away to Liverpool, October 1966 !

toshes mate

One of the few times I was gobsmacked as a young FFC supporter when we signed the guy.  What a player he was.  His arrogance reminded me of Brian Clough who equally arrogantly scored a brace against us at CC for Middlesbrough (58/59?).   

blingo

Quote from: toshes mate on April 28, 2021, 02:01:42 PM
One of the few times I was gobsmacked as a young FFC supporter when we signed the guy.  What a player he was.  His arrogance reminded me of Brian Clough who equally arrogantly scored a brace against us at CC for Middlesbrough (58/59?).   

I'm related to Tony Macedo who you may have heard of Mr Tosh, but Sniffer was, and is, one of  my favourite Fulham players of all time.

filham

Not with us long enough to be one of my all time favourites but no doubt he was one of our all time best goal scorers.
Clarke would have squeezed enough goals in for us this season to keep us up I am sure.
As to his value who can say but we would have a nice bidding war among the big six.

Bill2

Always remember the punch up he had with Ian Ure (who was an animal)when we played we Arsenal at the Cottage, in front of the Cottage.

rebel

You guys have an amazing 'memory' and memories. I get all my stuff from the 'history books', so cool, love reading the stuff.   

bobby01

From what I saw of stansfields brief appearance, I thought he had the look of a young sniffer.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

ianthailand

My favourite player of all time. Saw him rise above Ron Yeats of Liverpool in a 1-1 at the Cottage. 4 against Mike Rogan (Workington) in a League Cup Replay. Lived down in the Medway Towns and played weekends so didn't start going regularly until 1982 so missed most of his FFC career.

colinwhite

My favourite player as a kid . Still cant believe we sold him . Lets not talk about Frank large please.

toshes mate

Quote from: blingo on April 28, 2021, 02:12:28 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on April 28, 2021, 02:01:42 PM

I'm related to Tony Macedo who you may have heard of Mr Tosh, but Sniffer was, and is, one of  my favourite Fulham players of all time.
Tony Macedo is my all time favourite goalkeeper (i.e.  not just Fulham).   I don't like decadal comparisons and so I won't begin to try but two of his saves in the Cup semi-final at Villa Park were out of this world and I will not ever forget them.   I also remember a game against Villa at CC where Tony was injured and there being no subs in those days Rodney Marsh got stuck in goal.  And that was a comedy classic ...

blingo

As good as Tosh's goal when Tony was by the goalpost  or when he played on the wing with a broken arm? hahahahaha

Colton F.C.

Quote from: colinwhite on April 29, 2021, 07:46:52 PM
My favourite player as a kid . Still cant believe we sold him . Lets not talk about Frank large please.

Frank Large, a prolific goalscorer at all his other clubs, was totally useless at FFC running around in frantic circles. Nevertheless it was something compared to the nothing given by one of higher paid current loanees

filham

Quote from: bobby01 on April 29, 2021, 03:42:18 PM
From what I saw of stansfields brief appearance, I thought he had the look of a young sniffer.
If there is an ounce of truth in that then he should be playing alongside Mitro in the last five games.

mrmicawbers