Main Menu

Is Anguissa

Started by perry geyton, May 01, 2021, 07:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Scared to shoot or is his negative play a reflection of Scotty P
I really can't figure it out

Phil Stant

Earlier in the season he was shooting but mostly high of wide.

We Are Premier League

He has scored 2 goals in his entire career, zero in over 100 games for Marseille. I don't think we can blame this one on SP.

Blawarmy

Quote from: We Are Premier League on May 06, 2021, 12:42:52 PM
He has scored 2 goals in his entire career, zero in over 100 games for Marseille. I don't think we can blame this one on SP.
Gives the ball away in dangerous areas more than our strikeforce score goals though

ALG01

I think before covid he was totally brilliant, our best player, but he couldn't shoot straight.

Since coming back he is nowhere near the same dynamic player, still good but not the same and I hope that doesn't last for his sake.

H4usuallysitting

Hope he's with us in the championship.... Don't want any of that shooting on target lark

Whitestone

I see Anguissa as a positive player with the ability to drive forward with the ball. In the event of relegation we should retain him at all costs because he would be immense in the Championship.

The Rock

He's always been a DM, and one that when played properly could slide into any mid table PL side.

I think he'd overpower Championship personally, exactly what we need to go straight back up.

PaulJ123

No chance he would stay in the championship.

Someone will offer £25m and he'll be gone.

filham

I am aware that Reid is popular with the fans but I have to link him with Cav. and Knock as attacking players who have failed at Fulham. All three are hard workers but just look at their goal tally and it will be realised that they have to be replaced.
When we next sign an attacking player can someone first look at their goal scoring record.

filham

Quote from: PaulJ123 on May 06, 2021, 05:35:56 PM

I agree that Anquissa wil not play for us in the Championship but really don't think his performances this season have been good enough to Justify a £25m fee. Likewise Seri will no longer pull in that sort of fee for us.

Matt10

I'm not the biggest fan of him. He's played in Lookman versus Leicester, and that honestly feels about it. Too often he tries to look cool playing the game, than actually being functional. Chelsea match is a great example in which he gave the ball away because he was being so relaxed in one-time passes. He tries to beat his man by standing them up, similar to how Pogba tries and fails terribly.

Jules

Quote from: filham on May 06, 2021, 07:05:58 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on May 06, 2021, 05:35:56 PM

I agree that Anquissa wil not play for us in the Championship but really don't think his performances this season have been good enough to Justify a £25m fee. Likewise Seri will no longer pull in that sort of fee for us.
Cannot see us getting that much for Anguissa based on recent performances but would bite someone's hand off if that was offered

simplyfulham

Quote from: filham on May 06, 2021, 06:41:38 PM
I am aware that Reid is popular with the fans but I have to link him with Cav. and Knock as attacking players who have failed at Fulham. All three are hard workers but just look at their goal tally and it will be realised that they have to be replaced.
When we next sign an attacking player can someone first look at their goal scoring record.

FWIW

Knock - 4 goals / 5 assists (9 total)
Cav - 9 goals / 7 assists (16 total)
Reid - 13 goals / 5 assists (18 total)

Not saying they're the greatest ever but we've had far, far worse.

Bill2

He was pretty poor against Chelsea, gave the ball away in dangerous situations. I have never quite been a big as fan as some on here.

perry geyton

Quote from: Blawarmy on May 06, 2021, 12:48:04 PM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on May 06, 2021, 12:42:52 PM
Gives the ball away in dangerous areas more than our strikeforce score goals though
Exactly such an overrated player from every angle

perry geyton

Quote from: ALG01 on May 06, 2021, 12:54:02 PM
I think before covid he was totally brilliant, our best player, but he couldn't shoot straight.

Since coming back he is nowhere near the same dynamic player, still good but not the same and I hope that doesn't last for his sake.
The whole COVID excuse is such a load of nonsense I've no idea how that excuse circulated, must of been Anguissa's agent

deadcowboys

Quote from: perry geyton on May 06, 2021, 11:33:29 PM

The whole COVID excuse is such a load of nonsense I've no idea how that excuse circulated, must of been Anguissa's agent

Quite a few sports people who have had it seem to have experienced a drop in performance. A few people I know who have had it are still struggling to regain their full health. However, I bow to your superior medical & sporting knowledge. Plank!

Andy S

You do not need to come on here insulting people with different opinions to you. After all it would make life very boring if we were all of the same opinion

rebel

Agree, he should be 'surging forward' at every opportunity, there should be other players making forward runs in support.
He holds o to the ball too long, then is closed down. He's 2nd / 3rd in 'dribbles', but where is the end result?