watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic would have kept this side up

Started by Bassey the warrior, May 04, 2021, 10:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

May be contentious, but I really believe it. Jokanovic never had a good defence to work with, so we were always vulnerable, but that man knew how to coach attacking. With our back 5 plus Reed we'd have been far more solid plus we'd have actually posed a threat going forward. He also got the best from Mitrovic.

fulhamfan

If my auntie had b******s she'd be my uncle

bog

We will never know whether Slav would have kept us up if he had had a say in the players bought. Working in the midst of the abject shambles he had no chance. Just as he seemed to be getting somewhere in the first half at Anfield he was sacked the following Monday.  He working along side Scott with Khan jnr selling hot dogs would do for me.  :54:

092.gif   

Moltobueno

Plenty of weird topics lately "would have, should have could have..."

Next please.

filham

Not sure that it is worth talking about what Jaconavic may have done for us this season except that it raises the Mitro question and the probability that he would have done better with Joconavic as coach.

No doubt the reason for our relegation is the lack of goals from Cav., Reid and Mitro.
The goal drought for Cav. and Reid is no surprise but Mitro's loss of form is a mystery.

rebel

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 04, 2021, 10:02:59 AM
May be contentious, but I really believe it. Jokanovic never had a good defence to work with, so we were always vulnerable, but that man knew how to coach attacking. With our back 5 plus Reed we'd have been far more solid plus we'd have actually posed a threat going forward. He also got the best from Mitrovic.

Agree, he was getting to grips with the Prem. Mitro had a goal disallowed against Liverpool, before he sacked.

rebel

Quote from: filham on May 04, 2021, 10:30:27 AM
Not sure that it is worth talking about what Jaconavic may have done for us this season except that it raises the Mitro question and the probability that he would have done better with Joconavic as coach.

No doubt the reason for our relegation is the lack of goals from Cav., Reid and Mitro.
The goal drought for Cav. and Reid is no surprise but Mitro's loss of form is a mystery.

Agree, the body language under Slav was different.

ScalleysDad

I doubt it. Without the likes of Ream and Betts/Button, winners of many MoM awards, we would have lost more than we won in that Championship year and the influence on Mitro is definitely confined to The Championship. Somebody will correct me with a pile of stats but for the purposes of a conversation on Mitro and the Premiership is'nt  it something like twenty and a bit goals across three and a half seasons.

toshes mate

Only a fool has to answer what could have been had they not done what they did.  Both Dad and Son were grooming Ranieri long before Wembley and the promised land.  Jokanovic had no chance.

rebel

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 04, 2021, 11:13:34 AM

I doubt it. Without the likes of Ream and Betts/Button, winners of many MoM awards, we would have lost more than we won in that Championship year and the influence on Mitro is definitely confined to The Championship. Somebody will correct me with a pile of stats but for the purposes of a conversation on Mitro and the Premiership but is'nt it something like twenty and a bit goals across three and a half seasons.

Yep something like that. But Slav would have got the team playing, we wouldn't be playing 'Parkerball', the relentless passing, leading to no end product.

Bassey the warrior

I doubt it. Without the likes of Ream and Betts/Button, winners of many MoM awards, we would have lost more than we won in that Championship year and the influence on Mitro is definitely confined to The Championship. Somebody will correct me with a pile of stats but for the purposes of a conversation on Mitro and the Premiership is'nt  it something like twenty and a bit goals across three and a half seasons.

I'm talking about the Premier League so what happened in The Championship is irrelevant. Though I hazard a guess we'd have done better with last year's squad, Rodak much better than Betts.

Mitro got 11 goals and 3 assists in a struggling side last time around, not too bad.

MJG

I'll give you a stat.....Mitro has only played the equivalant of 14.5 games all season in the PL.  he scores in the PL on average a goal every 3.1 games, hes one or two behind where he should be given that record but if he doesnt play he doesnt score. another 10 starts and he might be on 7 or 8 goals. Not a great return but when we cant score in a brothel then it might have helped eh?
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 04, 2021, 12:14:58 PM

I'm talking about the Premier League so what happened in The Championship is irrelevant. Though I hazard a guess we'd have done better with last year's squad, Rodak much better than Betts.

Mitro got 11 goals and 3 assists in a struggling side last time around, not too bad.
There have been a lot of cheap shots at Mitro because he hasn't proven to be our saviour, but those suggesting this ignore the fact that Parker cannot organise an attack to save his life.  The 4-0 thrashing of Millwall is about the pinnacle of Parker's performance best and yet it was a game where the players began to do just what they liked - freedom - and we mustn't forget that our opponents could have scored a fair few themselves.  Jokanovic knew his players and the partnerships necessary to get results and yet TK still refued to meaningfully involve him in recruitment.  I'd like to know whether Rannieri had any input to TK's recruitment drive after the Wall of White because if he did then that should really put the cat amongst the pigeons.  The Club has a structure which fails more often than it succeeds and it is the structure which needs expert attention not the bits and pieces that depend on it.   

ALG01

I loved slav and would have him back in a heartbeat but I am not so sure he would have kept us up.
Assuming the squad was identical of course.

I think the lack of a proper attacking threat killed us stone dead. We needed players in january, I have no doubt we could have been safe but we failed to get in the players.

rebel

Quote from: toshes mate on May 04, 2021, 12:41:35 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 04, 2021, 12:14:58 PM

There have been a lot of cheap shots at Mitro because he hasn't proven to be our saviour, but those suggesting this ignore the fact that Parker cannot organise an attack to save his life.  The 4-0 thrashing of Millwall is about the pinnacle of Parker's performance best and yet it was a game where the players began to do just what they liked - freedom - and we mustn't forget that our opponents could have scored a fair few themselves.  Jokanovic knew his players and the partnerships necessary to get results and yet TK still refued to meaningfully involve him in recruitment.  I'd like to know whether Rannieri had any input to TK's recruitment drive after the Wall of White because if he did then that should really put the cat amongst the pigeons.  The Club has a structure which fails more often than it succeeds and it is the structure which needs expert attention not the bits and pieces that depend on it.   

I'm not sure that is the case. take Mitro's international goals 5 in the WC qualifiers, how many chances were created to score the 5 goals? He misses far too many chances for Fulham. This season he's on 3 / 4 goals, but he's had 54 chances, a conversion rate 8%. 

S.F.Sorrow

Jokanovic wasn't given good enough defensive players for the Premier League.

Parker wasn't given good enough attacking players for the Premier League.

Both were cases of inadequate recruitment.

blingo

Quote from: Moltobueno on May 04, 2021, 10:23:31 AM
Plenty of weird topics lately "would have, should have could have..."

Next please.

Don't you mean should of could of hahahahaahahahaha

blingo

Quote from: toshes mate on May 04, 2021, 11:18:20 AM
Only a fool has to answer what could have been had they not done what they did.  Both Dad and Son were grooming Ranieri long before Wembley and the promised land.  Jokanovic had no chance.

Ranieri was brought in knowing fully that there was nowhere to go t FFC. His arms were tied behind his back and he had no say in anything. In my view, he took the job as a stop gap, better than no money coming in, and a nice little pay off at the end. TBH I would have done the same.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: MJG on May 04, 2021, 12:41:16 PM

I'll give you a stat.....Mitro has only played the equivalant of 14.5 games all season in the PL.  he scores in the PL on average a goal every 3.1 games, hes one or two behind where he should be given that record but if he doesnt play he doesnt score. another 10 starts and he might be on 7 or 8 goals. Not a great return but when we cant score in a brothel then it might have helped eh?

This is so true and yet somehow the man who picks the team just doesn't see it!!!!!

filham

OK Mitro has not been on top form this season and has failed to score goals but now look at others who have played more than him.
Cav., Reid, Maja, Lookman and RLC have all failed in front of goal. Really do feel that Mitro should have been given more starts.