watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well done to our neighbours!!

Started by davew, May 05, 2021, 10:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Why not give credit to Chelsea on getting through to the final something we will never achieve.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SP

Probably better if I don't offer an opinion on this! 

What I do find interesting is the demise of the two Spanish giants with both needing to rebuild their squads.

davew

Quote from: SP on May 05, 2021, 10:04:32 PM
Probably better if I don't offer an opinion on this! 

What I do find interesting is the demise of the two Spanish giants with both needing to rebuild their squads.
At least we have something in common with them then!

Blawarmy

Quote from: davew on May 05, 2021, 10:00:34 PM
Why not give credit to Chelsea on getting through to the final something we will never achieve.
If FFP didn't exist we'd be in with more of a chance.

davew

Quote from: Blawarmy on May 05, 2021, 10:06:38 PM
Thought we too had a rich owner a while back? Agree that the elite teams in the PL have bought their way to success, but we did have a chance to spend enough to secure our place in the PL, hands tied now....apparently?

blingo

Quote from: davew on May 05, 2021, 10:11:58 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on May 05, 2021, 10:06:38 PM
Thought we too had a rich owner a while back? Agree that the elite teams in the PL have bought their way to success, but we did have a chance to spend enough to secure our place in the PL, hands tied now....apparently?

Fair comment Dave. Credit where credit is due. Wish it was us.

Fulham76

Yep, a really good performance. Chelsea are solid all over the pitch. So tight at the back but break so fast. Wouldn't bet against them in the final.

Could/should have been 4 or 5-0 tonight.

SP

Just need those pesky Bees to win the play-offs & my misery is complete.

Sgt Fulham

Very good performance from them and happy they beat Real Madrid. They have a very exciting squad, laced with young talent and energy. I enjoy watching the game at a very high level, and Chelsea did just that tonight, particularly in their defensive shape and intensity. They will do well to beat Man City, but they have a chance.

To those that hate Chelsea, fair enough, but I just don't feel much of a rivalry with them. Maybe when we can match them it will be different, but much like with QPR (the opposite way) the levels are just too different to feel real rivalry.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on May 05, 2021, 10:25:50 PM
Very good performance from them and happy they beat Real Madrid. They have a very exciting squad, laced with young talent and energy. I enjoy watching the game at a very high level, and Chelsea did just that tonight, particularly in their defensive shape and intensity. They will do well to beat Man City, but they have a chance.

To those that hate Chelsea, fair enough, but I just don't feel much of a rivalry with them. Maybe when we can match them it will be different, but much like with QPR (the opposite way) the levels are just too different to feel real rivalry.
I agree and waste of anger, why feel bitter over Chelsea or Brentford's success, that is for the school playground.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

Turkey is in full lockdown & they want to send 4,000 fans from each club?

Ruislip White

Agree with you.  In fact, I don't think I've met a Chelsea who has shown animosity towards us and my Chelsea mates often look out for Fulham.  It would feel odd to feel one sided rivalry in return.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Ruislip White on May 05, 2021, 10:39:10 PM

Agree with you.  In fact, I don't think I've met a Chelsea who has shown animosity towards us and my Chelsea mates often look out for Fulham.  It would feel odd to feel one sided rivalry in return.
Well my cousin posted 'West London is blue' the other day on bookface.  There are plenty that dislike us.

St Eve

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: SP on May 05, 2021, 10:33:43 PM
Turkey is in full lockdown & they want to send 4,000 fans from each club?

It's daft isn't it, Surely it will make sense to have the game at Wembley...or Craven Cottage... Instead.

Stupid if they play it in Turkey now.

Riversider

Before kick off they had an aerial view of London from above Stamford Bridge and you could clearly see the floodlights on our new stand , looked stunning 😍

perry geyton

They played well today and I like their new manager, amazing how quickly he turned it around

Hope they can beat the money Manc's

RaySmith

Shows how well we did against them then.

Holders

Quote from: RaySmith on May 06, 2021, 05:04:52 AM
Shows how well we did against them then.

This is the point for me. We could well have beaten them and, on balance of play, I'd say that we should have.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jules

Well done Chelsea is what I think. They were better than Madrid over the 2 legs and deserve to get to the final.