watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well done to our neighbours!!

Started by davew, May 05, 2021, 10:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

they need to sell/release about 25 players this summer so we are nice we might be able to pick something up

LittleErn

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on May 05, 2021, 10:25:50 PM
Very good performance from them and happy they beat Real Madrid. They have a very exciting squad, laced with young talent and energy. I enjoy watching the game at a very high level, and Chelsea did just that tonight, particularly in their defensive shape and intensity. They will do well to beat Man City, but they have a chance.

To those that hate Chelsea, fair enough, but I just don't feel much of a rivalry with them. Maybe when we can match them it will be different, but much like with QPR (the opposite way) the levels are just too different to feel real rivalry.
I was brought up in the days when we would go to the Cottage one week and the Bridge the next. I watched most of their 1955 Div 1 winning season, but FFC was always first choice. I lost interest in them when I stopped being able to pronounce their team's names, but that's true for most teams these days. Say it quietly but I even went to Loftus Road now and again - midweek games.

bobbo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 05, 2021, 10:32:41 PM
Very good performance from them and happy they beat Real Madrid. They have a very exciting squad, laced with young talent and energy. I enjoy watching the game at a very high level, and Chelsea did just that tonight, particularly in their defensive shape and intensity. They will do well to beat Man City, but they have a chance.

To those that hate Chelsea, fair enough, but I just don't feel much of a rivalry with them. Maybe when we can match them it will be different, but much like with QPR (the opposite way) the levels are just too different to feel real rivalry.
I agree and waste of anger, why feel bitter over Chelsea or Brentford's success, that is for the school playground.
prescisley im always happy to see Chelsea do well unless it's against us. My dad was a Chelsea fan .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

JimOG

Quote from: Ruislip White on May 05, 2021, 10:39:10 PM

Agree with you.  In fact, I don't think I've met a Chelsea who has shown animosity towards us and my Chelsea mates often look out for Fulham.  It would feel odd to feel one sided rivalry in return.

Yep Chelsea friends really like Fulham...we've never been their rivals. They look to Spurs more. I remember Roddick being interviewed at Wimbledon years ago after another defeat by Federer. "It's a great rivalry", said the BBC interviewer. "I've got to beat him once or twice" said Roddick with a sardonic smile "before it constitutes a rivalry"...quite so

Whitestone

Well done to  Chelsea. Hope Man City win the final!

SG

Quote from: SP on May 05, 2021, 10:04:32 PM
Probably better if I don't offer an opinion on this! 

Looks like you and me are in the minority. I wouldn't give them the time of day

Penfold

Quote from: SG on May 06, 2021, 12:12:43 PM

Same here. Chelsea fans I know have often had a patronising attitude towards Fulham.

mullers

Quote from: davew on May 05, 2021, 10:00:34 PM
Why not give credit to Chelsea on getting through to the final something we will never achieve.
Never achieve? I remember playing Ipswich in the League Cup when we were in the Fourth Division, how I wish I'd put a bet on that in four years we would play them in the Premier League. Or when we lost at Torquay, the only team below us in the Football League, that a European Final appearance was little more than a decade away.
Never say never! Still believe!

Jules

Quote from: SP on May 05, 2021, 10:22:01 PM
Just need those pesky Bees to win the play-offs & my misery is complete.
I would be much more annoyed with Bees getting promotion than Chelsea winning the Champions league. Especially with our impending relegation. The Bees fans would be loving it with 'Bees up Fulham down' whereas Chelsea fans have no issue with us at all.

Twig

Not because it's Chelsea but beacuse it's two of the disgusting ESL proponents, that's why I don't give a toss about the Champs League final.

filham

Yes, we have to congratulate Chelsea for their good European performance although they were pretty quiet when we reached the Euro final.

ffcne

Not for me.
Screaming cry baby Azperlecuta.
Mount cheat
Giroud forearm smash on Reed

SP

Quote from: Penfold on May 06, 2021, 12:27:56 PM
Quote from: SG on May 06, 2021, 12:12:43 PM

Same here. Chelsea fans I know have often had a patronising attitude towards Fulham.

It's probably only them & the team from Kent that I'll never tolerate, that's not a bad percentage.

bobbo

Quote from: Jules on May 06, 2021, 01:25:29 PM
Quote from: SP on May 05, 2021, 10:22:01 PM
Just need those pesky Bees to win the play-offs & my misery is complete.
I would be much more annoyed with Bees getting promotion than Chelsea winning the Champions league. Especially with our impending relegation. The Bees fans would be loving it with 'Bees up Fulham down' whereas Chelsea fans have no issue with us at all.
I was in a pub watching us v Chelsea some years back and a cocky young Chelsea fan with his mates said to me what's with the hate of Chelsea , we don't hate you your just poo . I laughed it just about sums them up .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

The Enclosurite

No well dones from me.  Come on City!
¡COYW!

fcfulham55

Fcuk Chelsea hope they get hammered.

Have none of you lot worked with any Chelsea fans? By far the worse set of supporters. Well there's Tottenham too.

Sent from my Nokia 3310