more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday fulham Stuff - 06/05/21...

Started by WhiteJC, May 06, 2021, 12:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Sources: Tottenham interest in Parker grows as Levy 'thinks the world of' him

Tottenham have made behind-the-scenes moves to assess Scott Parker's interest in becoming their new manager, Football Insider has been told.

This site revealed last Saturday (1st May) there is a growing interest from Spurs chiefs in the 40-year-old Fulham boss.

A Tottenham source has told Football Insider the club have put out feelers for Parker and his cause is being championed by all-powerful Daniel Levy.

The London club's chairman is said to "think the world of" Parker and believes he has attributes that make him a leading contender for the vacant post.

These include coaching and playing pedigree at the top level, with a CV that includes Championship promotion, as well as none of the baggage and controversy that accompanied recently-sacked Jose Mourinho.

Critically, it would not cost a huge compensation fee to extricate Parker from Fulham, something that is a major hurdle to landing another Premier League manager Brendan Rodgers.

Tottenham are willing to bide their time to appoint their new manager, and that will see them hold fire on a potential approach for the Cottagers boss.

Fulham are locked in a relegation battle although any realistic hope of staying up appeared to end with last Saturday's defeat to Chelsea.

Parker spent two years as a player at Tottenham and also began his coaching career in 2017 overseeing the club's Under-18s.

He left a year later to join Fulham as first-team coach working alongside then-boss Slavisa Jokanovic before eventually being promoted to the manager's job.

The Londoners have experienced early setbacks in their search to replace Mourinho with early favourite Julian Nagelsmann joining Bayern Munich and Rodgers publicly distancing himself from the post.

Spurs' pursuit of Rodgers is not completely over and they are willing to triple his salary to £15million-a-year including bonuses to get a deal agreed.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-tottenham-interest-in-parker-grows-as-levy-thinks-the-world-of-him/

WhiteJC

Fulham defender issues rallying call ahead of their crucial Burnley showdown

Burnley travel to Craven Cottage where a win would secure their Premier League status for another season

Fulham defender Joachim Andersen insists Scott Parker's side have not given up hope of a miraculous Premier League survival tale as they prepare to entertain Burnley.

Despite defeat on Monday evening against Champions League chasing West Ham, the Clarets know that a win against Fulham this weekend will mathematically secure their status in the Premier League for yet another campaign.

Both Sean Dyche's outfit and Newcastle United hold a nine-point advantage over Fulham with just four games remaining, with the Cottagers in need of winning all of their fixtures to provide themselves a slim lifeline of safety.

Despite their bleak predicament, Andersen reiterated that his team have not lost hope and victory on Monday night could yet be a major turning point in the survival picture.

"Of course, it [staying up] can be done, it's football, you know," said Andersen when speaking to Fulham's club website.

"We still have four games and we need to win those games. So we need to believe in it and wait until it's over.

"I don't know, don't know what to say, I believe in it and I also feel the whole team we need to believe in it.

"But of course, it's difficult when you don't get the points."

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-fulham-relegation-premier-league-20526906

WhiteJC

Fulham ticket bombshell for Newcastle United fans
Newcastle United are normally backed by around 5,000 fans at Craven Cottage.

However, the club, at best, may only receive a tiny ticket allocation for the final game of the season against Fulham on May 23.

A limited number of supporters – 10,000 or 25% of capacity, whichever is fewer – will be allowed inside stadiums for the final two rounds of the Premier League season, with coronavirus restrictions set to ease further later this month.

The capacity of Craven Cottage has been cut to less than 20,000 due to development of the stadium's Riverside Stand, and the works at the ground, which will restrict access, mean the club is "working towards of a figure of 2,000" for the Newcastle game, according to the Daily Mail.

Clubs have been told by the Premier League that the plan is to give five per cent of tickets to away fans.

This would mean an allocation of only 100 tickets for United supporters, who were last able to attend an away game on March 7 last year.

A report in The Times, however, has claimed that the Premier League may abandon plans to allow away fans into games due to opposition from clubs and safety groups.

Meanwhile, Newcastle will be allowed to let in 10,000 fans for the final home game of the season against relegated Sheffield United, which will be played in midweek.

The club, which lasted hosted supporters at St James's Park on February 29 last year, is yet to reveal how these tickets will be distributed.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/fulham-ticket-bombshell-for-newcastle-united-fans-3224760

WhiteJC

Agbonlahor: 'Massive' Parker development could turn Tottenham into a laughing stock

Gabby Agbonlahor has warned Tottenham they are in danger of becoming a laughing stock if they appoint Scott Parker as their next manager.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the ex-Aston Villa and England striker claimed people are already laughing at Spurs because of their extended run without a trophy and the fact they were snubbed by both Julian Nagelsmann and Erik ten Hag.

Football Insider understands Fulham boss Parker has emerged as a leading candidate for the role in the wake of Nagelsmann's move to Bayern Munich.

Brendan Rodgers remains their top choice and Tottenham are willing to triple his Leicester City salary to £15million-a-year.

"It's coming to the stage that managers will know they're fifth, sixth choice," Agbonlahor told Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitley.

"Scott Parker is not the first, second, third, fourth choice so if he gets the shout what does that say about Spurs?

"They're already getting laughed at with not winning a trophy in so long. They're already getting laughed at with every manager they're linked with signs a new deal or goes to another club.

"Everyone knows they were after the Leipzig manager, everyone knows they were after the Ajax manager.

"To go for Scott Parker I'm not sure that's the right option, to be honest.

"There are some big personalities in that team and I think Scott Parker is not ready for that job.

"Let's not forget it's a massive job. It's not a job where you can finish sixth or seventh. If you don't finish in the top four, you're gone. I think that's the way they're going to be now Spurs.

"I don't see Scott Parker getting the job. They need someone more experienced.

"More experienced but a man manager. A bit of both. Mourinho was experienced but he wasn't good with the players."

https://www.footballinsider247.com/agbonlahor-massive-parker-development-could-turn-tottenham-into-a-laughing-stock/

WhiteJC

mates Ryan Sessegnon backs Fulham boss Scott Parker for Tottenham job and eyes first-team action at Spurs after Jose Mourinho exit

The path to the Bundesliga has been a well-trodden one for English talent in recent years and a move to Germany is something Ryan Sessegnon has no regrets over.

The 20-year-old, who burst onto the scene as a teenager at Fulham, joined Hoffenheim on loan from Tottenham Hotspur last year and it's fair to say that he's got his swagger back.The path to the Bundesliga has been a well-trodden one for English talent in recent years and a move to Germany is something Ryan Sessegnon has no regrets over.

The 20-year-old, who burst onto the scene as a teenager at Fulham, joined Hoffenheim on loan from Tottenham Hotspur last year and it's fair to say that he's got his swagger back.

"I've noticed a change in me and how I am around other people," he says as we sit down to chat, virtually, over Zoom, in a season where the England youngster has established himself as a key component in the Hoffenheim team, scoring twice in 26 appearances in all competitions.

Now, as the season nears its end, Sessegnon has his eyes set on returning to Tottenham, who paid £25m for his services in August 2019 and will be under new management this summer after Jose Mourinho was sacked in the build up to the Carabao Cup final.

Plenty of names have been linked with the Tottenham hotseat in recent weeks, but if Sessegnon had his way, he'd be looking to bring his former Fulham boss – and ex-Spurs midfielder – Scott Parker back to North London.

When talkSPORT put the Parker links to Sessegnon, he said: "That would be very good!

"Everyone knows the relationship I have with Scott. He's a top guy, top man and a top coach. He's just an all-round great guy.

"I played with him in his last season I think in professional football and my first. He's someone that has obviously always believed in me as well.

"They [Fulham] have got fantastic results against some of the big teams where other teams wouldn't have thought they would get those type of points. Scott has got them playing the right type of football; that's what I admire about him.

"He obviously has a philosophy of play and sticks to it and all the players are buying into that. Recently, it hasn't been so good for them in terms of results, but I think the performances and effort is still there.

"I hope they [Fulham] still get out of the situation they are in and stay up, of course. Like you say, it's a club that is very close to me and I hope that they do it.

"In some ways, I haven't even really got going at Spurs. It's been stop-start since I've been there.

"I got there [to Spurs] and [Mauricio] Pochettino was there. I just came back from injury and then he got sacked and Mourinho came in and then I got sent on loan. It's been hectic and stop and start. Like you say, it's a fresh start for me to go back and show what I can do."

There is a growing English contingent currently out in Germany, with Jude Bellingham as well as Jadon Sancho at Borussia Dortmund, Demarai Gray at Bayer Leverkusen and Reece Oxford at Augsburg.

Since Sancho's shock move from Manchester City to Dortmund in 2017, more English talent have taken the plunge and moved to the Bundesliga, with German clubs seemingly more willing to give young players regular game time in an elite league.

Not only has Sessegnon been getting regular minutes, but he's also been forced to mature as he lives away from family and friends who cannot physically see him due to coronavirus restrictions.

As such, he has been playing with new-found freedom and confidence in a league that embraces young talent, which is why Sessegnon believes Hoffenheim was the perfect move at this stage in his career, especially with the team's style of play under head coach Sebastian Hoeness.

"It's been very good," Sessegnon beams.

"Challenging, but in a positive way. I'm improving every day.

"I just had to have a conversation with myself, to be honest with you, and really find a team that was best suited to me and of course, with the young coach here, who is very good with young players, it was one of the main reasons I came here.

"The way we play here with the five and the four, we can change it up and I think it suits the way I play as well. It's a possession-based team as well, which is obviously good and the right way in playing football in my opinion. It was little factors added together which helped make my decision and it was a fairly easy one.

"Everyone knows I played with Howie [Havard Nordtveit] at Fulham and he was one of the ones who welcomed me very well when I came here.

"When there was talk of me going on loan, there was a few players I spoke to. I spoke to Serge Aurier and Moussa Sissoko, who knew my situation about going on loan. They encouraged me as well to try abroad and see what that was like. If it was a club that you can go and get minutes, why would you not go? That was a boost for me as well.

"Mourinho was messaging me when I first got out here and asking me: 'How was it going?' and praising me for the first few games I played when I was here. Player wise, I keep in touch with Eric Dier a lot, Dele Alli & Steven Bergwijn. Throughout the season, we've been keeping in touch."

On Mourinho's departure from north London, Sessegnon adds: "He was a very good manager. Very tactical. A very serious coach, but at the same time, you could have a laugh and a joke as well at the right time.

"Obviously, [he's] a serial winner, of course. I didn't get too many opportunities to play under him but from what I saw from what I was doing in training, he's very intelligent in what he wants to do and setting up his teams."

In his relatively short career to date, the youngster has played down the left-hand side as a winger, wing-back and full-back, previously citing the likes of Gareth Bale as well as Luke Shaw as role models.

Long term, though, left-back is the position which Sessegnon wants to own and given Gareth Southgate's willingness to give youth a chance, the 20-year-old also has his eye on an England call-up, too.

"Longer term, I see myself as a left-back, purely because I feel it's the position I feel most comfortable," he finished.

"It's a position where I feel I can attack from and also defend from, which I've tried to improve since I've been here.

"If we do speak again anytime next year, I hope to be playing for Spurs and playing in the Premier League. Getting in and around the England squad as well is one of my aims. I just want to be playing well and be back to the Ryan Sessegnon most people know. But for me now, it is just about finishing the season strongly with Hoffenheim."

https://talksport.com/football/875971/

WhiteJC

Levy plots secret Tottenham manager swoop, with major hurdle cleared

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is making 'behind-the-scenes' moves to assess Scott Parker's interest in moving across London, a report claims.

Spurs are continuing their search for a new manager after sacking Jose Mourinho last month. But while Mourinho has found his next job, Tottenham have suffered setbacks in their hunt to bring his replacement in. RB Leipzig's Julian Nagelsmann is Bayern-bound, while Erik ten Hag has extended his Ajax contract.

Therefore, some pundits have suggested that Fulham boss Parker would be a good candidate to move across the capital.

According to Football Insider, Levy is now 'championing' an initial move for the 40-year-old.

The Spurs chairman is putting out 'behind-the-scenes' feelers to see if Parker has an interest in the job.

But while the manager's potential interest remains unclear, the report makes Levy's interest known.

The chief "thinks the world" of the ex-Tottenham player and believes he can be a top candidate to manage his club.

Levy is an admirer of Parker's CV, which includes Championship promotion and subsequent top-flight experience.

Furthermore, he carries none of the controversy that Mourinho's appointment did. Meanwhile, poaching the Fulham boss would not cost a huge compensation fee.

That makes him a better target in that sense than Leicester's Brendan Rodgers, who is under a lengthy contract and is looking to take his team into the Champions League next season.

Spurs, though, are willing to wait to make the right appointment. As such, they will hold back on making a firm move for Parker while assessing him further.

Berbatov backs Parker for Tottenham
Former Tottenham forward Berbatov said of Parker's potential move to Tottenham: "Scott Parker is working at Fulham. I used to play with him. Great appointment in my opinion.

"Yes Fulham are struggling but he's doing a great job. Mikel Arteta at Arsenal also, the same example.

"It doesn't have to be the guy who was playing for your club before but in my opinion he has to be young and in full power of his ability and wake up every morning to say 'let's go, let's go, let's crush it'."

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/levy-scott-parker-tottenham-manager-major-hurdle-cleared

WhiteJC

Now drops from 100 to 0 Newcastle United fans to be allowed at Fulham game – Report

Only 18 days until the Premier League season ends on 23 May 2021 and Newcastle United fans still awaiting final official confirmation on how the last two rounds of fixtures are going to work, when it comes to supporters being allowed into those matches.

After the March 2021 meeting of the 20 Premier League clubs, it was revealed that the plan was for there to be both home and away fans allowed into the final two Premier League games of the season.

For Newcastle United fans that means the home match with Sheffield United at St James Park on either Tuesday 18 May or Wednesday 19 May (moved from Saturday 15 May so as to be after the 17 May planned Government change to allow some spectators to attend outside sports events), as well as away at Craven Cottage when NUFC face Fulham on Sunday 23 May.

The Government had indeed given the go ahead, as from 17 May, for 25% of capacity up to a maximum of 10,000 supporters to attend, with that also to include some away fans. The Premier League last week writing to clubs for their views, with the PL plan outlined in a letter from Richard Masters letter that 5% of that capacity should be away supporters, up to a maximum of 500.

For Newcastle United, that would mean the final home game against Sheffield United seeing 9,500 NUFC fans allowed and 500 Blades supporters.

Earlier today though, we brought you an update from The Mail, reporting that the actual number of Newcastle fans could be as low as 100 when it comes to how many away supporters may be able to be inside Craven Cottage on that final day of the season. Work on the stadium, access problems and social distancing issues, meaning that Fulham are planning on only a maximum of 2,000 fans inside Craven Cottage for the Newcastle match.

However, a new exclusive from The Times on Wednesday morning appears to have given the final definitive answer when it comes to Newcastle United fans and this final match of the season at Fulham.

The Times say that their information is that there will be no Newcastle United fans whatsoever inside Craven Cottage, with the Premier League abandoning plans for the return of away fans before the end of the season.

After the Richard Masters letter last week asking for their opinion on the plan, a significant number of Premier League clubs and safety groups having expressed opposition to away fans being allowed at this point.

Looking at this positively, it should at least then mean that an extra 500 Newcastle United fans will be able to be at the Sheffield United match.

I would anticipate that with the decision now having been made on the issue of away fans, that must pave the way now for the plans to be officially announced regarding these final two matches and how it will work in terms of home fans attending the games.

With that Sheffield United match at St James Park now only 13 or 14 days away, Newcastle United fans deserve to have at least some notice if they would like to be at this game.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/05/now-drops-from-100-to-0-newcastle-united-fans-to-be-allowed-at-fulham-game-report/

WhiteJC

In-form Burnley striker Chris Wood expected to shake off knock to face Fulham
Clarets boss Sean Dyche expects top-scorer Chris Wood to be available to face Fulham on Monday night.

Wood scored his 11th goal of the season, and seventh in his last seven games, in the 2-1 defeat at home to West Ham on Monday, before being withdrawn with five minutes remaining, carrying a minor knock.

Chasing an equaliser, you imagined Wood would have stayed on the pitch, with Ashley Barnes coming on, but Dyche explained he was taking no risks.

He said: "Woody got a knock, but I think he will be okay.

"We saw him labouring a little bit and were going to leave him on, but then we thought we have four important games coming as well."

Dwight McNeil came off with 16 minutes to play, but the 21-year-old was fit, Dyche just felt Johann Berg Gudmundsson could make an impact in the remaining minutes: "Dwight just because we felt he had come off his performance a little bit, and Johann did affect it when he came on.

"I am not expecting any injury news out of that."

Wood is in a rich vein of form, despite the side losing four of their last five games, but Dyche feels his players are putting in a good level of performance: "Woody looks a handful, he is running hard and has done great to get the penalty and dispatch it.

"It is good he is in good form, and at other times I can question the side, but I am not going to overly question them because it was a committed performance and there was some good detail in it, but we have to tidy up two or three things that cost us.

"But we are not far away with those kind of performances, so it is important we maintain that feel and commitment over the next four games."

https://www.clitheroeadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/in-form-burnley-striker-chris-wood-expected-to-shake-off-knock-to-face-fulham-3224849

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon has claimed Tottenham-linked manager plays the "right type of football"

Ryan Sessegnon has given a big thumbs up to Tottenham links with Fulham boss Scott Parker, as speculation over who the next Spurs manager will be continues.

Sessegnon, 20, is a loaned-out Spurs youngster who has spent the 2020/21 campaign in Germany with Bundesliga side Hoffenheim.

The left-back previously played under Parker when he first took charge of the Fulham job in 2019, and he rates him very highly.

According to Football London's Alasdair Gold in a Q&A session, the 40-year-old Fulham boss is somebody that Spurs are keeping tabs on right now despite the fact he's not an immediate target.

"That would be very good!" Sessegnon responded when asked by talkSPORT about links to Parker.

"Everyone knows the relationship I have with Scott. He's a top guy, top man and a top coach. He's just an all-round great guy.

"I played with him in his last season I think in professional football and my first. He's someone that has obviously always believed in me as well.

"They [Fulham] have got fantastic results against some of the big teams where other teams wouldn't have thought they would get those type of points. Scott has got them playing the right type of football; that's what I admire about him.

"He obviously has a philosophy of play and sticks to it and all the players are buying into that. Recently, it hasn't been so good for them in terms of results, but I think the performances and effort is still there."

TBR's View:

With Fulham needing a remarkable swing of results to avoid relegation, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Parker in the summer.

He got the London outfit promoted from the Championship last season via the play-offs after top-flight relegation the previous year, so he's got a track record at Craven Cottage that suggests the club should try stick with him.

He's an exciting young manager with plenty of charisma, but perhaps Spurs should admire from a distance for now and focus on a more proven boss to take charge of their squad.

Meanwhile, Sessegnon is loan player, along with Oliver Skipp, that should have eyes on breaking into the first team next season when they return to north London.

https://tbrfootball.com/ryan-sessegnon-has-claimed-tottenham-linked-manager-plays-the-right-type-of-football/

WhiteJC

Premier League confirms no away supporters allowed for final two matchdays of 2020/21 season

Up to 10,000 home fans will be allowed for final two rounds of Premier League season, subject to the government going ahead with planned easing of coronavirus restrictions on May 17; Match Round 37 will take place in the midweek of May 18 & 19

The Premier League has confirmed no away supporters will be permitted to attend matches for the final two rounds of the 2020/21 season.

Up to 10,000 fans will be allowed into matches in round 37 on May 18 and 19 and in round 38 on May 23, provided the government goes ahead with the planned easing of coronavirus restrictions on May 17.

However, a decision has now been taken to limit this to home spectators.

"Following consultation with clubs, it was agreed matches would not be open to away supporters due to varying operational challenges across the league and the need to deliver a consistent approach, while maximising the opportunity for home-fan attendance," a league statement read.

"The safety and security of supporters is of paramount importance. Clubs have a proven track record of providing Covid-safe environments and have operational plans in place ready to safely welcome supporters back to their stadiums.

"Fans have been greatly missed at Premier League matches and this marks a key step towards full stadiums, including away fans, from the start of the 2021/22 season."

The government is set to announce whether or not restrictions will be eased no later than May 10.

The Premier League rescheduled the penultimate round of fixtures to midweek so that all clubs can have one game with fans before the end of the season.

Gameweek 37 fixtures

Fixtures will take place in the midweek of May 18 & 19:

Brighton vs Man City

Burnley vs Liverpool

Chelsea vs Leicester

Crystal Palace vs Arsenal

Everton vs Wolves

Man Utd vs Fulham

Newcastle vs Sheffield Utd

Southampton vs Leeds

Tottenham vs Aston Villa

West Brom vs West Ham
Gameweek 38 fixtures

Fixtures will take place on Sunday May 23, with all games kicking off at 4pm:

Arsenal vs Brighton

Aston Villa vs Chelsea

Fulham vs Newcastle

Leeds vs West Brom

Leicester vs Tottenham

Liverpool vs Crystal Palace

Man City vs Everton

Sheffield Utd vs Burnley

West Ham vs Southampton

Wolves vs Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12297433/premier-league-confirms-no-away-supporters-allowed-for-final-two-matchdays-of-2020-21-season

WhiteJC

Premier League confirm Newcastle fans won't be allowed to attend final game vs Fulham

The Premier League have confirmed that away fans will not be allowed to attend the final two games of the season, which could be bad news for Newcastle.

The Magpies head to Craven Cottage on the final day to take on Fulham, in a game that could still have a lot on the line.

As it stands, Newcastle still aren't safe.

If we lose our next three games and Fulham win their next three, it will set up a nervy encounter on the final day in the capital.

And if it comes down to that, Fulham will have a huge advantage.

They will be allowed fans inside Craven Cottage, but there will be no away fans in attendance.

That will also be the case at St James' Park just days earlier, when Newcastle entertain Sheffield United. 10,000 fans could be inside St James' Park for the first time in more than a year – however, there will be no Sheffield United supporters.

It's disappointing for Newcastle fans who were hoping to head to Fulham, but it is probably a sensible decision.

Realistically, it would make more sense to hold off fans returning until next season when more are allowed under less restrictions.

However, it looks as though stadiums will be open for the final two games of the season.

We are yet to receive official confirmation from the government, who will provide a decision no later than May 10th.

Newcastle must secure survival before final day

The Premier League's decision should give Newcastle more incentive to secure survival before they face Fulham.

If we head to Fulham needing a result in front of their fans, then we can likely kiss goodbye to our Premier League status.

But we have the chance to secure survival before then.

A win over Leicester on Friday night would put huge pressure on Fulham. It would increase the gap to 12 points, and ensure they have to beat Burnley on Monday night.

If we win and results go our way, we could be safe by 10pm Monday.

Things could have been even prettier had we taken the golden opportunity we had against Arsenal on Sunday.

But Steve Bruce's side passed it by, succumbing to a pitiful 2-0 defeat.

Survival still isn't assured. Newcastle need to guarantee safety soon, or prepare to face a Fulham side fighting for survival with thousands of fans cheering them on.

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/news/premier-league-confirm-newcastle-fans-wont-be-allowed-to-attend-final-game-vs-fulham/

WhiteJC

'His ability is unquestionable' - Everton hero urges EPL clubs to go for Fulham's Lookman

Everton legend Leon Osman has urged English Premier League clubs to make a move for Super Eagles hopeful Ademola Lookman when his loan deal with Fulham expires at the end of the 2020-2021 season.

With the Cottagers candidates to make an immediate return to the Championship, they probably won't be an attractive option for the winger in the coming weeks, especially as there's no purchase clause in the deal bringing him from RB Leipzig.

Statistically, Lookman has been Fulham's standout player in the Premier League, scoring four goals and assisting four others - a decent return considering that he struggled a bit when he made the huge jump from the Championship to the Premier League in January 2017.

Though Osman sang the praises of the RB Leipzig loanee, he added that the 2017 U20 World Cup winner has to improve on his consistency.

"When he joined Everton he was young and raw, his ability is unquestionable. He has such skill," Osman said on Premier League Productions' Premier League Today on Wednesday morning.

"What he has lacked up till this point is consistency, I think you've started to see that more and more in his time this season at Fulham - he's started to get more end product.

"That's a chance that that club will take. Will they feel they can get more consistency out of him because if they can, then he's certainly a player that you want in your squad.

"He's somebody that can unlock the door of the opposition and they are quite hard to find".

Champions League hopefuls Leicester City have been strongly linked with a summer move for Lookman and a return to parent club RB Leipzig has been mooted.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=39799

WhiteJC

Tony Khan Helps Run an NFL Franchise, Premier League Football Team and All Elite Wrestling. And He Trusts Himself Now More Than Ever.
A candid Q&A with the billionaire sports exec and pro-wrestling fanatic about wins, losses and knowing when to let go.

When I talked with Tony Khan precisely two years ago, he was exuberant. All Elite Wrestling, the company he co-founded at the outset of 2019 along with a cohort of professional wrestlers aiming to challenge World Wrestling Entertainment's status quo, was the talk of its industry. But at the time, he could hardly contain his enthusiasm about a potential offseason acquisition for the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars franchise. His father, auto-industry billionaire Shahid Khan, has been the Jaguars' principal owner since 2011. At all of 38 years old, Tony is the team's Chief Football Strategy Officer.

When we caught up earlier this week, the Jaguars were fresh off claiming former Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence with the NFL Draft's No. 1 pick, and Khan once again led with contagious positvity about the team's fortunes. "It was a really, really busy, but good weekend for us," he says cheerfully. Khan apologizes for dialing into our Zoom on audio only, but insists he's bustling about his office and wouldn't want to give me web-cam "vertigo."

That's an apt metaphor for the dizzying day-to-day of a guy who has his hands full being remarkably hands-on with AEW, booking and creatively outlining the weekly card for Dynamite, which airs at 8 p.m. every Wednesday night on TNT. And that's not accounting for what have effectively become his side hustles: strategizing for the Jaguars and Premier League soccer club Fulham FC, which his father owns and for which he serves as Vice Chairman and Director of Football, as well as being a major investor in sports-analytics firm TruMedia.

"I don't do much besides work anymore," Khan concedes. "But I love everything I'm doing, so it's fun trying to squeeze it all in every day."

Surely, not all the fans of his respective organizations approve of his executive whims or the ways in which he divides his time, but over the course of an hour-long conversation, Khan takes great pains to detail how he delegates responsibilities and reflects on his own errors in judgment. And given how he continues to innovate and disrupt within the wrestling space in particular — a recent episode of Dynamite drew more than one million viewers, and critics have praised AEW's willingness to open the so-called "forbidden door" and share talent with ostensible competition like Impact Wrestling — we went deep on the lessons learned amid his most formidable entrepreneurial journey.

If the idea behind AEW was to disrupt pro wrestling, how do you think the company is doing on that score more than two years on, especially accounting for the pandemic as its own disruption?

It's been going great. I mean, most of the Dynamite [episodes] have happened during the pandemic, but I think that's a function of timing. I'm really glad I got Dynamite started before the pandemic, or it would have been impossible to launch. But also [that we launched] far enough in front of the pandemic that we were able to get a big-money TV extension before the pandemic struck. All the major media conglomerates took a big hit, so I'm not sure we would've gotten that nine-figure TV contract in the post-pandemic markets. I just think the timing was very good for us.

Did the pandemic put pressure on you to make Dynamite that much more dynamic, and how did that interact with the reality of Covid protocols and mitigation?

Absolutely, yes. There was that much more pressure because certain things we took for granted, like being in a new building with a great crowd every week — that was no longer something we were able to do. And it was many months before we were able to return fans at all, and then we did it safely by running the shows outdoors and with physically distanced seating. I think it allowed us to maintain a sense of normalcy. So, yeah, it was a more challenging environment than pre-pandemic. I think it really brought the best out of us. A lot of the best matches and best stories we've done, I think, have been since the pandemic started.

Still, there had to be a risk of some fans or even advertisters disassociating from the product if there was a perception that AEW wasn't being Covid-vigilant enough.

I think it was good to have all these conversations and talk about what some of the potential repercussions could be. But luckily, we had none of those repercussions in real life. We had no sponsor pushback. We had no fan pushback. I saw on Twitter there were a couple of people who questioned the move, but a lot of those same people ended up coming to the shows and saying they felt very safe. And a lot of people who've been advocates for a very slow and safe return to normal life have gone to these shows and thought that they were done the right way.

Another big decision in recent months was opening the "forbidden door" by sharing talent and storylines with competing promotions. Is that all a shrewd attempt to crowd out WWE's influence?

No, I don't think so at all. When I was younger, there were partnerships between a lot of the other wrestling companies. And there was the Wrestling Peace Festival, which was a great idea, and some of those companies did keep working together. You saw wrestlers from AAA in WCW, and you saw wrestlers from New Japan [Pro Wrestling] in WCW, and so I think it's very natural. Twenty years later, things have come back full circle, and now you're seeing those wrestlers from New Japan and AAA competing again on TNT. You're seeing [New Japan's] IWGP titles defended on TNT. I think it's the natural balance of the universe just coming back.

Sure, but how do you and other promoters determine that these arrangements are mutually beneficial?

I mean, I have to make sure we're getting taken care of, and obviously the promoter we're working with is going to have stuff they need to make sure they're getting taken care of. And I'm pretty reasonable. I don't want to screw it up for anybody. So whether it's Konnan with [Mexican promotion] AAA or dealing with the New Japan office or talking to Scott [D'Amore] and Impact, I just generally go into it like I'm dealing with another party in sports if you're making a trade or something. You know, you just try to work it out and be a good person and a fair partner in the negotiation.

As an analytics guy, how much of that plays into real-time, week-to-week decisions about who to push on your roster and on Dynamite versus the idea that it's purely creative thinking?

It's a great question. It's a mix. I look at the numbers — the minute-by-minutes, the quarter[-hours] — very closely. Since there's not a head-to-head competition on Wednesdays [against WWE's NXT, which moved to Tuesdays] anymore, the patterns have changed a bit. So we're learning new things based on the data that has been coming in the past few weeks. But since we began, I've studied these trends really closely and it can be a good indication of what's getting hot, what's getting a good response. Conversely, I don't want to knee-jerk react if something doesn't get the biggest number right away. It doesn't mean that it won't turn around and draw.

I'll give you a really good example of this. I've put a lot of effort into Darby Allin and really trying to emphasize that he's an important person for AEW because he's a creative artist who puts together short films and artwork for his matches. It's the kind of thing I could never come up with in a million years. That's why I love collaborating with him. because he comes in with really awesome ideas that nobody else would think of that are in his own voice. Darby wasn't the biggest draw [right away], but we've kept building and building with him, and now he's not just a future star for us; he's a big star now. That was a result mostly of his hard work and great presence and the great thought he puts into his character and the way I booked him, which is very strong. When you put all that together, now we've got a star who consistently is drawing ratings for us and is a big part of the show. And there's a lot of good examples of that. Britt Baker turned into a real star for us, and we put tons of time in on developing her to the next level. So I think it's a good mix of people we're building for the future and then stars that the audience recognizes from watching wrestling for years.

Unlike with, say, the Jaguars, where there's a hard salary cap on what you can spend to fill out your roster, it can seem open-ended when it comes to AEW. What's the reality of how you decide when to spend big on talent?

At the end of the day, it's similar to sports, where you have a budget and have to decide. It's not like a mandated salary cap by the league or some sort of wrestling governing body, but it is a budget that you need to stick to. So it is similar to operating a sports team, and in lot of ways I would describe myself as somewhere between if you were owning and coaching a sports franchise, or if you own the studio and were directing movies. It's a mix of being a showrunner of a TV show and a coach of a sports franchise. And, you know, you're making decisions about playing time. As a general manager of a sports team, you have to decide which athletes are going to get the contracts and who's going to get extensions, who's going to get a tryout and who's not, and these are things you deal with in wrestling too. When you're producing a TV show, you're dividing up the screen time and creating storylines. And so it's really a mix of the two things.

What's the approach to cross-promotional integrations on Dynamite? I've talked to AEW personnel in the past who didn't exactly relish too many forced campaigns, but were confident there'd be constructive conversations if it came up.

There are things that we do for cross-promotion. Godzilla vs. Kong was something we were able to integrate into the show and help one of our partners, and we've done other integrations, like a "Cracker Barrel Clash" and things of that nature. You don't want to do too many sponsorship partnerships like that where it feels like you're a sellout or something, but I'm always open. For the wrestlers, the biggest focus is always the show itself. I've never felt like we had to promote a product where it was cumbersome to the show, and we haven't really had a lot of pushback. Our audience is very vocal, and I listen to them and try to make changes based on what the audience wants to see, because  that's who we serve. And so we've never gotten pushback on that, and if we had, I think we would be listening for it.

You mention serving the fans. Your ultimate competiton, WWE, gets some criticism for being disinegnuous that its product exists to serve its fans. How do you convince your audience that those claims about AEW are genuine?

There's a lot of differences. I don't do really cheap DQ [disqualification] finishes to prolong something. There are other wrestling programs where you might see multiple DQs and countouts in a week. I believe in giving the fans a finish to the match. I believe in not false-advertising programs and people. I might hype something I really believe in, but there's a big difference between hyping something and false-advertising outright, and I've never done the latter. I think that's why we have a lot of goodwill with the audience. Following through on the things you say you're going to do and trying to deliver a show that's in the spirit of what the fans want to see week in, week out and offering fresh matches and fresh programs is a big part of it. You know, not doing the same matches 17 weeks in a row over and over again.

That said, AEW has had its missteps, like any new business does. Can you cite a few and how you bounced back from them?

I want to talk about three things, but the third one is not a failure; it's just about trying to get the best out of a bad situation. So at the end of 2019, we were in a head-to-head battle on Wednesday nights, and this went until very recently. And that was clearly the time where we just weren't giving our fans what they wanted. We'd started with this great audience, and there were a lot of people with good ideas, but there were too many people, too many ideas, and there was just too much. It was overwhelming. I promised myself I was going to work harder and come up with my own ideas. I would still solicit outside suggestions, but I was only going to do stuff I really believed in, and I was going to be more meticulous. I believe it made a big difference and we came back much more focused, much more organized and with a great response to our next several shows. From the end of 2019 to the beginning of 2020, the numbers turned around, and I was really proud of that.

We were doing the best business we'd ever done, and then the pandemic hit. All of a sudden we went from having our full roster to having less than 30% of them available. In the month of April, 29% of our roster appeared, and the 71% that did not appear included a lot of the biggest stars in the company. And with that 29% of the roster, we fought on. We did win the demo every week, but the ratings were tighter than I wanted. Every week was a dog fight. For these tapings, I really felt like we had to keep the momentum going, but also so that we've fulfilled our obligations to our TV partner by producing new shows. The last thing I ever would want to do in this situation with everybody's livelihood at risk is breach the TV contract. That is our lifeblood revenue stream. And so we taped enough wrestling matches to do up to six or seven weeks of Dynamite. We kept the stories alive, found fresh ways to do it, and I was really proud of the way we literally put over a month's worth of shows together in 15 minutes; the work held up. As an entrepreneurial object lesson, it's trying to make the most out of what you have even if your resources are limited, and sometimes it'll be your best work.

And a big part of those shows was Brodie Lee [aka Jon Huber, who passed away last December]. He was a huge draw for us, and he was a locker room leader. In every way, he was one of our most important stars. And he got sick last year, not from Covid, but from something else. Suffice to say, it got bad. We knew he wasn't going to come back to wrestle, but he was really fighting for his life, and we were all praying and hoping and trying to rally around his wife and sons. They really became part of our family here, and I don't say that lightly. They were with us at the shows, and we were with them through the most difficult times and trying to take care of them and do right by that great family.

I think when you're building a business, there's going to be times where you lose a loved one, you lose part of the team. That's important for everybody too, remembering it's a family and you have to support everybody. I felt enormous pressure to put a show together that would be a great tribute to him. I'm prouder of that show than anything else we've done as a company, and I'm also really grateful for the fans that we had. That was real, and that was one of those times where you forgot we're in a pandemic. So that was a really special moment for the show and an example of, something that was a terrible circumstance that we just tried to make the best of.

Lastly, for the Jaguars and Fulham fans out there: Your passion for AEW is clear, so how do you decide when it's time to delegate day-to-day operations in your other businesses?

I've done that at the Jaguars to some extent, in terms of managing the data myself and being the person overseeing the dissemination of the data to the coaches. I hired an amazing person named Karim Kassam at the Jaguars. He's a really, really capable person with a great football knowledge, but also highly intelligent and really good with programming and systems and statistics. So that has freed me up to focus on the personnel and scouting at Fulham, as well as writing AEW shows and running our roster.

You have to make choices. There's only 24 hours in a day, so hiring really intelligent people to work with you helps a lot. Delegating some of your responsibilties [helps], but if you're an entrepreneur and you bootstrap the business, there's a good chance you have some kind of special skill that got you to where you are, and I wouldn't quit doing that. For my dad, I think it's managing his autoparts business. He still manages the relationships with the auto companies. He's not actually designing the molds anymore like he was at the beginning, but every once in a while, he'll still get it on the ground floor and do some of that. For me, I don't think I'll ever get far enough removed from AEW where I will remove myself from the process of signing or the creative process.

My thought on it is, if you're running multiple different businesses, find the places you add the most value and find the places where the most things can go wrong if you weren't paying attention and focus on those. And then for the stuff in between, find really good people to delegate to. I think that's a good rule of thumb.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/371044

WhiteJC

Legend of Frank Large lives on

ON a cold February day in 1970, George Best famously scored six for Manchester United as they hammered Northampton Town 8-2 in the FA Cup fifth round. That feat in front of 21,711 paying spectators has echoed through football history ever since.
Interestingly, a man who went on to be assistant manager at Westport United and Ballina Town also scored in that famous match.
Frank Large netted Northampton's second goal that day on a quagmire of a pitch that was the canvas for Best to create a wonderful piece of sporting artistry.
Footage of that famous day was gathered recently by Frank's son, Paul, who has compiled a beautiful cinematic tribute to the man who played for ten clubs during his 15-year career in English football.
In 2014, Paul penned the highly-acclaimed 'Have Boots Will Travel' – a book charting his dad's amazing career during which he hit the net 234 times in 642 games. Now, Paul has produced a beautiful short film from footage of those days when sporting gods floated over the mud and created memories which have stood the test of time.
"Myself and Fionn Rogers, a very talented young man from Dromore West sourced available footage of Dad from his playing days and eventually got it into a short film. It probably took us 12 months thanks to the lockdown, but we're delighted with the finished product and it's a nice companion piece for the book which tells the story of Dad's amazing football career," Paul told The Mayo News.
Frank famously turned out for Halifax Town, QPR, Swindon, Carlisle, Oldham, Leicester City, Fulham, Chesterfield, Baltimore Colts in the North American Soccer League as well as enjoying three spells with Northampton Town.
"If he was playing now, he would have been a millionaire, but after he retired he went and worked in a chemical factory with me for 13 years to support the family," Paul said, before explaining how the famous striker ended up in Mayo.
"My mother's father was from Liscarney outside Westport and after one holiday there in 1987 they decided to move lock, stock and barrel to Mayo. I arrived over in 1990 and never left.
"The two of us went on to manage Westport United and Ballina Town together and he loved it here. Now, I want to continue to tell his story and recall a good man."
Frank Large is well remembered in many corners of England for his powerful and honest displays for every club he represented.
Future England manager, Bobby Robson, sang his praises at Fulham and future Manchester United boss, Ron Atkinson was also a great admirer of the man born in Leeds.
"Frank was as strong as a lion and as competitive as any player I've ever known. He worked on the building sites and I remember him coming in one day after he had dropped a hod of bricks on his foot and broke his toe. He knew we were a bit short, so he just cut a chunk out of his boot to make it a bit more comfortable so he could play," Atkinson explained.
Dave Bassett of Wimbledon once complained that Frank had bitten his hand during a hard-fought English league battle, but Large was having none of it when quizzed by reporters after the match.
"All I can say is, what was his hand doing in my mouth," he added with a smile.
Frank Large – Have Boots Will Travel can be found on YouTube at https://youtu.be/noJvBr9GcSA

https://www.mayonews.ie/sports/36809-legend-of-frank-large-lives-on

WhiteJC

Areola: Nothing Is Impossible

Alphonse Areola will fight until the death in Fulham's quest to secure our top-flight status.

Only 12 points are available to play for now, but Areola's belief in his team remains steadfast.

Speaking to Premier League Productions, the goalkeeper said: "For me, nothing is impossible.

"We still have four games, and we have to win them.

"Of course, it's been a tough season but I think we've shown a lot of good things as well.

"Now we have to reset and be really sharp in the next games.

"It's a big challenge, but we're here for this. I'm here for this.

"I want to help the team and I hope that the team will be fine and healthy. We have to fight, work hard, and be prepared for the next one.

"We are not happy after [Chelsea] but we still have more games, we still have four games to play, to win, and we start on Monday."

That clash sees us welcome Burnley to Craven Cottage, a side we've already played twice this season.

"We know what we're expecting," Areola said. "We are prepared for this game. We have to be really sharp and ready on Monday to beat this team.

"We'll watch the videos and prepare on the pitch this week to be ready.

"[Scott Parker] is still believing in us, believing in this objective that we have to reach.

"We're not dead, we're still here, so we have to fight until the end, and we have to think from now until the next game that we can win it, and that's it."

Currently on loan, Areola was asked about his future, but the only clubs he's concentrating on right now are Burnley, Southampton, Manchester United, and Newcastle United.

"My future is the four games that are coming," he stated. "I will give my best to help the team, I will give my best every day to show that it's possible, so for me, my future is these four games."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/may/Areola-Nothing-Is-Impossible/

WhiteJC

The good, the bad and the ugly - decision time for Forest over Anthony Knockaert

Nottingham Forest have some big decisions to make this summer – and one of them involves the future of forward Anthony Knockaert.

The 29-year-old has divided opinion like no other player since he arrived on loan from Fulham back in September.

Knockaert is a proven Championship performer and checked in having helped the Cottagers win the play-offs last season.

He joined Cyrus Christie in signing from Craven Cottage and immediately set about trying to rediscover his best form.

Knockaert is a performer who is trusted by Chris Hughton. During the 2016/17 campaign, the pair helped Brighton into the Premier League.

The tricky winger scored 15 goals and claimed nine assists, coming up trumps when it truly mattered for the Seagulls.

This season he has struggled for consistency. At Forest, he's scored three goals and claimed three assists from his 34 appearances.

It's fair to suggest it's a return that even Knockaert himself won't be happy with, but it hasn't been from a lack of trying.

Some critique from supporters has claimed he doesn't care enough and that he rarely puts in a shift.

That is completely wrong and a large part of Knockaert's inconsistency stems from him trying to do too much on his own.

He often leaves his position in order to get on the ball and that can make him far easier to defend against.

Knockaert shouldn't be without criticism though. He has proved wasteful at times in possession and often makes bad choices with the ball.

There is of course the ugly side to his game which often sees him run the risk of being sent off.

He is easily riled by the opposition and often puts himself in danger of letting his teammates down.

Should he stay or should he go?

This is the predicament for Forest and for Chris Hughton this summer.

There are good, bad and ugly elements for the Reds to consider and it looks like a big call.

As per Who Scored, Knockaert has made 41 successful dribbles during the campaign, with Sammy Ameobi only completing more.

He's also completed 39 key passes, second only to right-back Christie who has 41.

Clearly he can play but consistency has proved a big problem during his time on Trentside.

His six-goal contributions don't make great reading, whilst his £35,000-a-week wage demands would need to be negotiated.

Forest haven't tasted Premier League football for over 20 years and the Reds won't be about to hand such sums of money out in wages this summer.

Knockaert is a player trusted by Hughton but he has to make the best call for the football club during the close season.

Forest have seen every aspect of the Frenchman and now it's decision time for the club.

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2021/05/05/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-decision-time-for-forest-over-anthony-knockaert/

WhiteJC

Exclusive: Fulham looking to recruit a new director of scouting

Fulham are looking to recruit a new director of scouting, The Athletic understands.

The west London club have been searching for a replacement for former assistant director of football operations Javier Pereira since September and it is understood the new position will be his replacement.

The new director of scouting is not thought to be part of a restructure at the club, but it is seen as an integral role and will ensure there is a dedicated position focusing on the scouting side of recruitment.

What will fall under their remit?
The director of scouting will be responsible for the scouting side of recruitment on a full-time basis, fulfilling the responsibilities previously overseen by Javier Pereira. Since his departure, it is understood finding a replacement has been a priority for Fulham.

It is understood the position will not be part of a restructuring at the club however it will ensure that there is a specific role for scouting within the club structure. It is seen as an integral position.

Since Pereira's departure, Fulham's club hierarchy beneath owner Shahid Khan has been comprised of director of football operations and vice chairman Tony Khan, head coach Scott Parker and chief executive Alistair Mackintosh.

Those roles encompass the senior coaching, financial and recruitment positions within the club. The director of scouting will be an additional position.

How will they work with Tony Khan?
Khan heads up Fulham's recruitment as the club's director of football operations and vice chairman. Under his control, Fulham have adopted a 'two boxes ticked' approach to recruitment, with new signings assessed on both scouting and statistical merit.

It is understood the new role will replace Pereira, who was working under Khan as assistant director of football operations before his departure in September.

The director of scouting will be a position dedicated to the scouting side of recruitment, with Khan specifically focusing on statistics and analytics in the recruitment process, with a final veto.

Why did Javier Pereira leave Fulham?
Pereira left Fulham in September last year in order to fulfil his own ambitions of returning to club management.

He initially joined Fulham as Slavisa Jokanovic's assistant in 2015, spending three successful years at the club before departing after Jokanovic's dismissal in 2018.

In January 2020, Pereira returned to the club to fulfil the role as assistant director of football operations, working under Khan. He then departed to join Chinese Super League side Henan Jianye as Head Coach, and he is understood to have left Fulham on very good terms.

https://theathletic.com/news/fulham-transfers-director-of-scouting/MF42RPFwrn7o

WhiteJC

Fulham PL2 1 Albion PL2 0

Albion's PL2 side conceded in the closing stages as Fulham took all three points at Craven Cottage on Wednesday evening.

But the young Baggies enjoyed a dominant spell after the interval with Jamie Soule coming off the bench to great effect - pushing Fulham's keeper into a number of saves as Deon Burton's side forced the issue.

However, it was the Cottagers who sealed the victory when a lapse in concentration at the back allowed the home side to break with pace, before Sylvester Jasper worked an opening to drill home the game's defining moment.

All of Fulham's attacking play went through midfielder Jasper from the start, with the lively creative spark laying off Jean Pierre Tiehi for a shot in the opening minutes. Only for the big forward to blast over Ted Cann's goal.

Jasper then took it upon himself to try his luck at goal but, again, the hosts could only fire over as Albion slowly swung the course of the game in their favour.

Rayhaan Tulloch and Toby King helped pin the Cottagers in their half with shots on goal but Fulham stopper George Wickens, like Baggies keeper Cann, was untroubled as shots continued to go off target.

Half time provided chance to reflect for Albion gaffer Burton, as he brought on Jamie Soule in Rico Richards' stead - and the forward made his presence known straight away.

Soule picked up a number of good positions in the final third as the Baggies' improved attacking play allowed him time to work off a few shots on target. But Wickens was alert to the danger as Fulham kept the scores level.

But the visitors had keeper Cann to thank when the Cottagers split open their defensive resolve to set up a one-on-one with the Albion stopper. But Cann did excellently to make himself big and close the angle to produce a big block, as the Baggies continued their fluent play through the lines.

And they should've taken the lead when Taylor Gardner-Hickman's difficult cross forced Wickens into an uncharacteristic short save which fell invitingly into the path of substitutes Soule and recently introduced, Mo Faal.

But the pair got in each other's way as they collided, and the loose ball rebounded off them and into Fulham's recovering defenders.

The wasted chance proved to be costly and after squandering one break forward earlier on, the hosts didn't pass up a second opportunity as Ethan Ingram was dispossessed, allowing Fulham to feed Jasper on the edge of the box.

Final Albion substitute Aurio Teixeira did his best to hold up the midfielder, but he turned the Baggies man inside and out before hitting a low shot beyond the reach of Cann to open the scoring.

Despite the Baggies' dominant play being undone by the Cottagers' late goal, Burton's men continued to force the issue and won a succession of corners as the game came to a close.

Unfortunately, they were unable to find a deserved equaliser, as the Baggies returned to the Black Country empty-handed.

Albion: Cann; Ingram, Taylor, Joshua, Ashworth; King, Iroegbunam (Teixeira 75); Gardner-Hickman, Richards (Soule 46), Tulloch (Faal 66); Malcolm.

Substitutes: French.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/fulham-pl2-1-albion-pl2-0