News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who is going to be the 'stand out player' in the next 4 matches?

Started by rebel, May 07, 2021, 06:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Last season, Kebano stepped up in the critical matches at the end of the season. He scored 4 / 5 goals, very important goals to get us to the play-offs.

South Coast White

RLC if he starts, just like he's done since joining!!!!

FFC In Oz

Doesn't matter they're all dead rubbers.

I just want to see Carvalho play

PaulJ123

Quote from: FFC In Oz on May 07, 2021, 08:49:04 AM

Absolutely. Would love to see him get half an hour in every game minimum. Show us what he's got ready for next season.

rebel

S.F.Sorrow

Agreed. Any other youngsters that might be a part of the first team next season too. The sooner we start integrating them the better.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to see something TOO crazy until we're mathematically relegated. This board will go into nuclear meltdown if Newcastle and Burnley lose all their remaining fixtures and Parker fill the bench with youngsters before we're 100% down.

dgnffc

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on May 07, 2021, 11:17:33 AM

Agreed. Any other youngsters that might be a part of the first team next season too. The sooner we start integrating them the better.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to see something TOO crazy until we're mathematically relegated. This board will go into nuclear meltdown if Newcastle and Burnley lose all their remaining fixtures and Parker fill the bench with youngsters before we're 100% down.

But then what's the point of putting Ream and Odoi on the bench when they won't ever be brought on and probably won't be here next season. Surely better to give a couple of youngsters experience of match days?

The Rational Fan

FFC In Oz

Quote from: dgnffc on May 07, 2021, 11:43:31 AM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on May 07, 2021, 11:17:33 AM

But then what's the point of putting Ream and Odoi on the bench when they won't ever be brought on and probably won't be here next season. Surely better to give a couple of youngsters experience of match days?

Precisely.

Bronaldinho

Would love for Mitro to come back into form for us and score 4-5 goals before end of the season and give us a chance.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Whitestone

Its a good question posed by the OP and a tough one to call. I think the time has come to go 442 with plenty of width and lots of crosses and cut backs into the box so hopefully the stand out players will be Maja and Mitrovic with goals scored.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Whitestone on May 07, 2021, 01:48:41 PM
Its a good question posed by the OP and a tough one to call. I think the time has come to go 442 with plenty of width and lots of crosses and cut backs into the box so hopefully the stand out players will be Maja and Mitrovic with goals scored.

Haven't we only scored something like 25 goals for the season?

The way Parker likes to play is not conducive to scoring goals

rebel

Quote from: FFC In Oz on May 07, 2021, 02:47:58 PM

We had 8 corners to Chelsea's 1 corner, what did we do with them, nothing. We got 2 players over 6' 4''.

Dodger53

Areola because too many in front of him are not good enough.

toshes mate

Plodder

Southcoastffc

It will surely be Areola, heroic in defeat. IMO he's already Player of the Season.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

The only outstanding players all season have been Areola and Anderson, why should anything change for the last four matches.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: rebel on May 07, 2021, 03:05:19 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on May 07, 2021, 02:47:58 PM

We had 8 corners to Chelsea's 1 corner, what did we do with them, nothing. We got 2 players over 6' 4''.

We've struggled with set pieces all season.  Which is an indictment on the coaching staff.