News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Three moments that have really annoyed me this season.

Started by bog, May 07, 2021, 04:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Of course there are many others but:-

1. The back four fielded for the first game v Arsenal.
2. Lookman's 'Panenka' penalty at Wet Spam
3. Robinson's stupid sending off v that lot.

Thank you and good night

092.gif

Wingnut

Strong candidates but Villa away game in April infuriated me. 75 mins gone we were 1-0, and in control of the game. If we kept playing in the same manner, three points would have been ours. We dropped back and handed them the game. That was a huge 15 mins in our season.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

PaulJ123

Quote from: Wingnut on May 07, 2021, 04:53:05 PM
Strong candidates but Villa away game in April infuriated me. 75 mins gone we were 1-0, and in control of the game. If we kept playing in the same manner, three points would have been ours. We dropped back and handed them the game. That was a huge 15 mins in our season.

This is what has sent us down.

HV71

Then to repeat the folly at Arsenal - taking off attackers and inviting pressure- so very very stupid!

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: PaulJ123 on May 07, 2021, 06:51:09 PM
Quote from: Wingnut on May 07, 2021, 04:53:05 PM

This is what has sent us down.

So true!

New Kid on the Block

Not scoring enough, not scoring enough and not scoring enough are my three.

colinwhite

The refereeing (denied stone wall pen and ridiculous hand ball pen against) Liverpool at home sticks in my crow.

Jules

Quote from: colinwhite on May 08, 2021, 01:06:07 PM
The refereeing (denied stone wall pen and ridiculous hand ball pen against) Liverpool at home sticks in my crow.
And the penalty to Newcastle when the foul was outside the box. Andersen red was rescinded as well later that week.

bog

SG

I think the Arsenal offside equaliser in the 97th minute has been the highlight of my frustrations.

bog

Quote from: HV71 on May 07, 2021, 09:48:50 PM
Then to repeat the folly at Arsenal - taking off attackers and inviting pressure- so very very stupid!

Doing this always gets to me. Bracewell did it at Leicester in the 5th round of the League Cup. Winning 0-2 with 10 mins left and he takes off Pesch and the Horse. They score twice and we play extra time without a scorer. Coleman manages to put us 2-3 up but lose 3-0 on pens. Grrr.  :031:         

Whitestone

Throwing away points from winning/drawing positions. Happened far too often.

sarnian

Quote from: SG on May 08, 2021, 03:31:43 PM
I think the Arsenal offside equaliser in the 97th minute has been the highlight of my frustrations.

Doesn't count as under the laws a perfectly good goal.

No decent attacker brought in is my frustration. Lookman flattered to deceive all season. How many times did he scuff shots pulling them wide of the near post when easier to score.

I also could never really get enthusiastic for football played with no crowds. It just gave the impression you were watching a friendly.

Milo

Robinson sending off was so moronic and such a key moment in game and season.

Ruislip White

1, Selfish, narcissist, vanity project penalty against West Ham.
2, Debacle at Villa.
3, Mitro penalty miss followed by Sheffield United VAR penalty.