watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loan Players

Started by JackHamlet90, May 08, 2021, 08:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackHamlet90

Khan will need to decide on Parker & weather they believe he is the man to bring us back up. If he is then would it be possible to keep a few of the loan players?
I'm sure I will be shot down but if we really have learned from our mistakes then we need to try find a way to keep a couple of them who could be convinced by the fact we are aiming to bounce straight back with the stadium completed the year after.

I just think it will be hard to convince the likes of Tete Reed Tosin to stick around themselves if we just let everyone go & start again.

I am aware financial fair play will play a big part & clearly Areola & Andersen will go on to bigger clubs with Lookman also a good signing for a Premier League side next year & Loftus Cheek back to Chelsea but what about the other 3?

Aina Lemina Maja I can't see getting huge interest from other clubs especially in the Premier League but all have done well for us.

Option on Aina seems to be around 11m with Lemina 6m & Maja 8. 25m seems a lot of money but surely if we can generate funds selling Anguissa & Mitrovic it could be possible?

I just feel we go down bring back the usual crew of Johansen Kebano etc who are all good players but then we back to square one if we go up again so why not show a bit of ambition that we have learned something & find a way to have a core of

Rodak Tete Aina Tosin Robinson Reed Lemina BDR Cairney Maja who are all very good for championship & would then give us a platform if we were to come straight back up.
Norwich & Watford managed to keep a lot of there teams just selling a few big players like Godfrey & Doucoure so hopefully we can do the same.

Whitestone

What you have suggested makes a lot of sense and permanent signings of Aina, Lemina and Maja would be a good start. Bringing back the old guard is a recipe for continued failure, although I expect some to play a part next season.

Twig

It's a minor quibble but in what way has Maja done well for us (yet)?

Whitestone

Quote from: Twig on May 08, 2021, 08:47:42 AM

Understand your reservations about Maja but to be fair to him be has been feeding on scraps. There have though been glimpses of quality that suggest he would be an asset in the Championship.

JimmyConway

Of all the loan players i would only look at Aina if he wanted to sign Permanently as we will require a good right back and a strong type player. Lemina at a push but would need to be a bargain price as there are loads of them type players in lower leagues and a few technically better. Maja absolutely No! The way he plays will not suit championship and both physically and technically not score many either. That said i would rather him than Kamara or Kebano coming on as a impact sub perhaps third striker option? The truth is he does not score a lot of goals wherever he goes.

bill taylors apprentice

Andersen, Areola, Lookman will be out of our price range even if they wanted to stay (and RLC thankfully)

Maybe there's an outside chance Aina will be tempted by regular games and the London life style?

I believe we can find a player in the lower divisions at least as good as Lemina & Maja for less if only we started looking seriously.

rebel

Quote from: Whitestone on May 08, 2021, 09:06:06 AM

Understand your reservations about Maja but to be fair to him be has been feeding on scraps. There have though been glimpses of quality that suggest he would be an asset in the Championship.

Agree 100%, he's had some bad luck too, Lemina handball goal ruled out. We don't do enough in the final third, crosses etc. We don't use his mobility, he might be free, we get into the opposition half, rather then attempt a pass and lose the ball, it goes back into our own half. There's Maja still waiting for a cross or something.

Bassey the warrior

Tete is the better right back out of him and Aina, though Aina is a good player. Hopefully Tete will stay.

WORTHINGFULHAM

Mitro fed on scraps, as has maja, the issue is attcking midfielders if a certain quality

St Eve

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on May 08, 2021, 01:34:39 PM

Mitro fed on scraps, as has maja, the issue is attcking midfielders if a certain quality
Exactly. Mitro got zero help and everyone turned on him

Blawarmy

Big Sam at WBA. Pearson at Bristol City. Chris Hughton at Forest.  It's gonna be tough next season so TK needs to get it right.

Twig

Quote from: St Eve on May 08, 2021, 08:42:42 PM

Exactly. Mitro got zero help and everyone turned on him

But let's sign Maja "because he showed promise despite being fed on scraps". If I had to choose between a proven goal scorer and a rookie I know where I'd put my money.  Not saying we couldn't do better but Mitro to lead the line next season in the Champ sounds prettty good to me.

Asotosyios

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on May 08, 2021, 08:04:07 AM
Aina Lemina Maja I can't see getting huge interest from other clubs especially in the Premier League but all have done well for us.

Option on Aina seems to be around 11m with Lemina 6m & Maja 8. 25m seems a lot of money but surely if we can generate funds selling Anguissa & Mitrovic it could be possible?

These two sentences do not make much sense when put together.

If we have options for Aina, Maja and Lemina, we can buy them for the amount on their clauses (assuming that the players want to play in the Championship and we can afford their wages).

However, if there is not much interest from other clubs for their services, it makes more sense to try to negotiate a lower fee especially with us playing in the Championship.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

We have all been feeding on scraps this season!

We Are Premier League

Other PL clubs have already shown interest in Lemina, same in Italy. He is unfortunately gone.

Jeroen

Try to get Aina to stay (with his brother here as well) that means we can loan out Tete and have Aina & Sessingon for those positions.

Whitestone

Quote from: Jeroen on May 09, 2021, 08:41:50 AM
Try to get Aina to stay (with his brother here as well) that means we can loan out Tete and have Aina & Sessingon for those positions.

Loan Tete ? Why ? We need to retain him and Anguissa for next season. Agree we should also try and sign Aina. The last thing we should be doing is releasing the best of our contracted players if we want to make a serious promotion push.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jeroen on May 09, 2021, 08:41:50 AM

Tete is far better than Aina, keep Tete and send Aina back, the less loans we have the better, that is what is undermining the structure of the club causing us to rebuild every year. Aina was no more than average, he had poor positional sense and slow, Anderson covered for him time and time again. Tete is a quality football different class to Aina. We need to keep our best players.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.