News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

These have been the best times for Fulham fans.

Started by jeremyfulham, May 09, 2021, 09:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyfulham

We have spent 15 out of the last 20 years in the top division, prior to that we had 13 years in our entire 120 year history ! We don't have a divine right to dine at the top table.
Whatever happens between now and the end of the season I'll be back for more we certainly don't do it for the glory but on the rare occasions when that comes along ( Europa Final 2010,play off wins at Wembley etc.. ) those moments are just that bit sweeter.
KTF COYW  049:gif

Stevieboy

My first season actually attending was 67/68 when we were relegated from the then Division One. So I have always considered us a top flight team constantly vying to return to where we were when I started going.
The last 55 or so years have been 'entertaining', but no matter what Fulham is my heartbeat and whatever happens I will follow.

Fulham Tup North

I have followed Fulham in every division over the years.... some of the best games have been in the lower leagues... Carlisle away..... Home to Swansea in the fa Cup (7-0)... Ashford Town in the Cup...2 down with only minutes to go..... seen some excellent Managers... Stock... McDonald.... Tigana.... Micky Adams....  Roy.....
Ups and Downs are all part of the journey.
Look at Sheff Wednesday getting relegated yesterday.... Hull just come back up from League One.....  both Premier league sides only recently.....
I will always support Fulham in whichever league they are in..... I just like to see players giving their all and trying.
I am always reminded of a midweek game on a wet night at The Cottage, when there were about 2,000 people there and an away player down inside his own box and the Ref blew for a free kick. Whilst the players walked about chatting,  someone from the Hammersmith end shouted "Don't just stand there Fulham....Practice"!! 
Those were fun nights....
Enjoy the ride....👍⚽️⚽️❤
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

rebel

In 2010 we were the 9th best team in the World, we beat most of Europe's elite clubs. We were unlucky to lose on the night. Minutes from penalties. The Europa League was nothing then, a 'micky mouse' competition, now the winner gets into the Champions League.

Lighthouse

We have had our moments in the Sun and had the moments of struggle in the slime. But as a club, despite the many, many. many down moments. We continue to have something no other club has. The charm and atmosphere at the Cottage.

That is why I can't take our present situation too much to heart. It was a nothing season full of emptiness and devoid of real enjoyment. If we include every season since I have been watching Fulham. This comes out near the bottom. Even below the struggles in the bottom division. Football seemed unimportant and then it just seemed greedy. The club took a back seat in my life and it did nothing to make me care.

I look forward to caring again and not bothering about what others think. I look forward to Fulham being a club I can recognise again. Without the atmosphere of the fans the game was lost. We will find ourselves again next season. Moan and complain and blame the coach and the MD and the owner and the system. But it will be Fulham again. These are the best of times and the worst of times. Looking forward to coming back to the best.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

For us older fans the Haynes era was outstanding even though an amount of it was outside the top division and that attack which included Haynes /Robson /Jezzard will never be bettered .

shepperton white

Agree with all the posts on this subject.  You can change your job, Home, car, wife, even your gender ,but you can never change your team

Twig

Agree it's been a rubbish season, probably the worst since I started going to FFC in the early 60's. Yes, of course we have had much, much worse seasons in terms of our fortunes in the lower divisions. But; no fans in grounds, the "top 6" ESL bid, VAR fiascos, cheating & diving so prevalent, our yo-yo plan, blatant corruption at the top of the game's administration and the emerging stories of the sexual abuse of young players.

It's been an utterly horrible year for fans of the game. I long for the days when I went to games happy just to watch my team and unencumbered with all the other rubbish.