watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker has to be sacked tomorrow

Started by PaulJ123, May 10, 2021, 08:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

Fed up of him being touted as doing well in the media.

Awful football, awful results. Get him out of the club.

Nick Bateman

Agreed. His team picks today doomed Fulham before a ball was kicked. Decordova-Reid & Cavaleiro seem to be his favourites but they are Fulham's WORST players, especially Reid whose ball control, shooting and passing is Vauxhall Conference level.

Fulham should sack Parker before the end of season and allow the new manager to see his team and build during the transfer window.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Only Me

Parker should do the decent thing. RESIGN :

Whitestone

Parker is criticised for his team selection on one hand and the players aren't good enough on another. So what is it ? My view is that the squad isn't good enough. It's far too simplistic to throw all blame at the manager.

Radiowhite

Players are rubbish, mainly going forward

Blawarmy

Tony doesn't have a clue how he's doing. Probably just bases it off the media so we'll be stuck with him next season.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Whitestone on May 10, 2021, 09:20:19 PM
The squad isn't good enough. No manager could get a tune out of this team.

See this is a bit of a myth, Burnley man for man aren't a more talented team and yet they're currently 14th because they're well drilled as a unit and know their roles because Dyche is a better manager

Pluto

No ideas going forward, just like when he was a player here. Get rid ASAP.

Caedal

Parker should never have got the job in the first place. We got really lucky last year and were heavily reliant on players scoring wonder goals to win games. The football Parker wants to play just does not work. He's trying to play exactly how Lampard wanted Chelsea to play. We do not have the players to do that, nor did it work for Lampard.

I personally feel the recruitment on the whole for this year has been pretty good, I know some people disagree. HOWEVER what I will say is that the club (and Parker) have been extremely let down by basically every single player who got us promoted. None of them have offered enough this season, especially Mitrovic and Cairney. Mitrovic cost us almost £30m. You have to bank on a player that costs that (and has played in the league previously) to perform. He's given us absolutely nothing.

Once the loan players go back to their clubs, I would happily get rid of the entire squad (bar Rodak and Reed).

And of course Parker must go, after this game

Karlos

Parker is criticised for his team selection on one hand and the players aren't good enough on another. So what is it ? My view is that the squad isn't good enough. It's far too simplistic to throw all blame at the manager.

Would normally agree but have you been watching this game. That first half was unacceptable and his substitutions are clueless

Whitestone

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 10, 2021, 09:26:01 PM

See this is a bit of a myth, Burnley man for man aren't a more talented team and yet they're currently 14th because they're well drilled as a unit and know their roles because Dyche is a better manager

Really ? I think that's a bit of a myth too. Burnley are much better than they are given credit for. Their squad has been together for a long time whereas our squad was thrown together a month into the season.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Whitestone on May 10, 2021, 09:37:12 PM

Really ? I think that's a bit of a myth too. Burnley are much better than they are given credit for. Their squad has been together for a long time whereas our squad was thrown together a month into the season.

Okay so which Burnley players would you have over the current Fulham players, in isolation of the form that we find ourselves in? They're a team of limited players who have played 4-4-2 as long as they've been Burnley players and they only play direct football because it's the only way they know. A better manager gets results from this team, the tactics and substitutions make no sense literally week after week and that sits with the manager

sunburywhite

Nice chap but cant be cute enough to cut it in the Premiership

I have been a Parker fan but I do think the time has come for a change
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Dunstable Fulham

It's very sad. I so wanted him to succeed but enough is enough.

Whitestone

Quote from: Karlos on May 10, 2021, 09:35:52 PM

Would normally agree but have you been watching this game. That first half was unacceptable and his substitutions are clueless

I agree the performance is poor but doesn't come as any surprise given the players available. I'm just surprised that so much criticism is aimed at a manager who doesn't have a  squad that is balanced, particularly creatively and offensively.

The Cravenette

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 10, 2021, 09:39:23 PM

Okay so which Burnley players would you have over the current Fulham players, in isolation of the form that we find ourselves in? They're a team of limited players who have played 4-4-2 as long as they've been Burnley players and they only play direct football because it's the only way they know. A better manager gets results from this team, the tactics and substitutions make no sense literally week after week and that sits with the manager

Tarkowski, Mee, Wood

Deeping_white

Quote from: The Cravenette on May 10, 2021, 09:47:37 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on May 10, 2021, 09:39:23 PM

Tarkowski, Mee, Wood

And therein lies the point. Two of those players are centre halves and the other is an average striker - they fit into a standard 4-4-2 hoof ball mentality which is well drilled by a better manager. 3/11 of which two are defensive and that's not even been our issue this season for large parts being preferred to our squad just speaks volumes about the coaching standard.

The Old Count

Dyche is a far better manager than Parker.  But then again so is Steve Bruce.

abfg

Burnley have 4 capable forwards in their squad. We have one. Not even remotely comparable. Parker's not been brilliant, too passive for me, but TK is the far bigger problem. Until he's no longer in charge of transfers we'll always struggle in the prem.