more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker has to be sacked tomorrow

Started by PaulJ123, May 10, 2021, 08:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

Give him another season to learn his trade, we could do far worse
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Twig

As someone has already said, all the while we're loan united and with TK at the helm it doesn't matter who we have as manager. So basically my dear I couldn't give a damn.

ex-Pat

Quote from: abfg on May 10, 2021, 09:51:01 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on May 10, 2021, 09:26:01 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on May 10, 2021, 09:20:19 PM
The squad isn't good enough. No manager could get a tune out of this team.

See this is a bit of a myth, Burnley man for man aren't a more talented team and yet they're currently 14th because they're well drilled as a unit and know their roles because Dyche is a better manager

Burnley have 4 capable forwards in their squad. We have one. Not even remotely comparable. Parker's not been brilliant, too passive for me, but TK is the far bigger problem. Until he's no longer in charge of transfers we'll always struggle in the prem.

Who's the one good striker we have ?

General

Quote from: Whitestone on May 10, 2021, 09:20:19 PM
Parker is criticised for his team selection on one hand and the players aren't good enough on another. So what is it ? My view is that the squad isn't good enough. It's far too simplistic to throw all blame at the manager.

He's refused to play mitro for most of our season, had a champions league worthy or at least Europe league defence. He made no improvements to our attacking play and has been setting the bar exceptionally low all season saying we should be aiming for just getting out of the relegation zone and just staying up. He's been acting calm as if it's a guarantee all season and constantly saying we've got the games to make it up, despite those games constantly going without results improving.

What Jamie carragher said at the beginning of the season wouldve been enough to motivate most professional players and bosses to prove the man wrong, especially over the course of the entire season. Its absolutely ridiculous to have gone through an entire season having the same problems and not addressing them.

I think khans the worst thing, perhaps joint first at this club with the worst manager I've seen in lawrie sanchez in my almost 30 years as a fan. But to absolve Parker who's been given a better set of tools than our previous promotion and who's got such a poor record at this level, has shown few signs of improvement and made us even look poor in the championship, he simply has to go now. His job is untenable.

Get benitez, Eddie howe there are still better and more experienced managers. We've messed so many of our stalwart championship players around we've got to work overtime to get our ship in order before our reputation dissolves into that of mockery.

fulhamfever

Keep SP the problem isn't SP it was a collective failure. I think SP needs time to build his experience at FFC. I think his idea of playing good football is a good one but we need the players to play that way. If he had a decent striker we would of been ok this season. Mitrovic is a good striker but not great, needs 6 chances to score a goal.

My overall verdict is keep SP and see how we build a team around his leadership.

Logicalman

Quote from: glenhodgso on May 10, 2021, 11:18:33 PM
This will not be popular but I think the one thing that had impressed me thus season has been the class of Scott Parker.

We have not achieved what was required, which would have been difficult enough after such a short break between seasons.

The first few games were dreadful but we started to find our rhythm. There were some great performances but in the end our lack of fire power and our home performances were not good enough.

I hope Scott stays, learns, rebuilds from the core team and gives us a good run at automatic promotion next season.

I like his honesty and his commitment. He is still learning and I would rather Scott was our manager than anyone else. 

There is also a good core team to build upon - and he knows their strengths and weaknesses

Agree totally with these sentiments, well said.

SP is not the finished article by any means, then again, neither is the squad, the DoF (and likely never will be) nor the new stand, but I feel 75% of these will come good for us as a club, and in not the too distant future.

I still believe we might have been better off spending a second season in the Fizzy league this season, letting SP build the team and gain automatic promotion, but that horse is long gone, so we start again in the second tier.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

The Rational Fan

Scott Parker is good enough to get us promoted from the Championship.

I cannot be sure that The Khans 2nd Choice manager is good enough.

If Parker can get us promoted, then keep him until he does, then if he hasn't improved sack him.

Logicalman

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 11, 2021, 01:49:51 AM
Scott Parker is good enough to get us promoted from the Championship.

I cannot be sure that The Khans 2nd Choice manager is good enough.

If Parker can get us promoted, then keep him until he does, then if he hasn't improved sack him.

I would hope that if and when he does get us promoted again, given the opportunity and however long it takes, then he will have gained that much more experience to maintain us in the prem.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Sammyffc

Quote from: bigalffc on May 10, 2021, 11:34:24 PM
Give him another season to learn his trade, we could do far worse

far worse than the manager who potential gave us the worst prem campaign we have had and possibly the worst football since lawrie sanchez ?

Pluto

Im still baffled by those who want him to stay in. Two relegations in three seasons with this guy and an extremely lucky promotion in between, in which our football was pretty dire. He's clearly dejected, had no idea going forward, poor team selections compounded by useless in match decision-making all season long. What is it people are seeing in Parker at this point?

Get a new manager in with new ideas. Eddie Howe is available and a much better alternative for a start.

fawazco

I hope Parker stays, and this is my opinion, what does he do with a team that is not fighting to win?  We will be happy togeth
er

FFC In Oz

What did Parker say earlier this season about being motivated by a fear of failure?  I'll bet you that most quality football managers would be motivated by achieving success rather than not failing.

This directly correlates to his preferred style of play in setting up a team "not to lose" rather than to win.

He's had his chances, the football is turgid, and if we keep him, we are in grave danger of fighting for consecutive relegations