watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

VAR manu goal offside.

Started by jarv, May 19, 2021, 11:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

VAR......AGAIN.  Cost us another 2 points. From memory, I think that is about 8 points now. Probably not enough but would certainly change attitude toward the end.  Manu goal proven to be offside.

junior white

Quote from: jarv on May 19, 2021, 11:39:04 AM
VAR......AGAIN.  Cost us another 2 points. From memory, I think that is about 8 points now. Probably not enough but would certainly change attitude toward the end.  Manu goal proven to be offside.
Was clear last night, VAR's reasoning was ridiculed on sky commentary by Gary Neville. Fact is we have lost points due to poor VAR calls but then so have other teams. It may have been interesting coming into this weekend if they hadn't happened but then it may not have if all calls had been correct.

More concerning is losing points in games we should not have West Brow 2-2 draw, villa 3-1 loss and many more. It is what it is i guess. I do not think VAR is in the Championship next season so we wont have to suffer that but I reckon if some close calls go against us people will say why dont we have VAR lol

bog

On MOTD Dion Dublin was so taken with the goal that he was almost glad 'it' wasn't disallowed.   :031:

092.gif

filham

To be fair we have also benefited from one or two VAR decisions so over a season there is a balance as there is with ref's errors, but then lets go back to the refs decision and avoid that awful delay waiting for the VAR to be agreed.

Good to hear that the Championship is without VAR

bog

Quote from: filham on May 19, 2021, 12:31:09 PM
To be fair we have also benefited from one or two VAR decisions so over a season there is a balance as there is with ref's errors, but then lets go back to the refs decision and avoid that awful delay waiting for the VAR to be agreed.

I wish it was to be without Fulham.... :022:

rebel

Quote from: bog on May 19, 2021, 11:48:57 AM
On MOTD Dion Dublin was so taken with the goal that he was almost glad 'it' wasn't disallowed.   :031:

092.gif

Yes, loads of stupid comments, like it should be contender for 'Goal of the VAR', clearly offside. The Premiership gave the assist to Allison.

rebel

We've had more go against us then for us.

ALG01

If we had have scored that goal, itr would not have been a goal
in our hearts i am sure most of us know that. and if we don't we should

I was unhappy with th referee through most of the match, the Var was an extension of him he should have gone to look at the monitor.

Lordedmundo

In all honesty I don't we have benefited from any decisions. Those that have gone in our favour have simply been where VAR has correctly judged opposition players offside by a shirt sleeve etc.

We were definitively screwed by 3 decisions earlier in the season (there are others - but those are maybe more contentious):

-Penalty given against Mitro v Sheffield (never a foul, not a clear and obvious error)
-Penalty and sending off against Andersen v Newcastle (foul outside the box, not a penalty, not a red card - overturned as we all know)
-Penalty not given for challenge on Cav at home to Liverpool (clear pen - player took his legs away, even Souness said it should have been given!)

In theory that is 6 points lost. For the first - it should have never gone to review, for the latter two - the referee is culpable for not reviewing correctly.

ALG01

Quote from: Lordedmundo on May 19, 2021, 04:05:59 PM

In all honesty I don't we have benefited from any decisions. Those that have gone in our favour have simply been where VAR has correctly judged opposition players offside by a shirt sleeve etc.

We were definitively screwed by 3 decisions earlier in the season (there are others - but those are maybe more contentious):

-Penalty given against Mitro v Sheffield (never a foul, not a clear and obvious error)
-Penalty and sending off against Andersen v Newcastle (foul outside the box, not a penalty, not a red card - overturned as we all know)
-Penalty not given for challenge on Cav at home to Liverpool (clear pen - player took his legs away, even Souness said it should have been given!)

In theory that is 6 points lost. For the first - it should have never gone to review, for the latter two - the referee is culpable for not reviewing correctly.

what about wilson's dive for newcastle

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I think that the difficult thing about last night's goal is that it was offside but it was so wonderfully executed..
As a former striker I think that is why Dion Dublin was pleased that it was allowed.
What will add to the insult is that it will orobably appear in the Goal if the Season short list.

love4ffc

Heard the commentators here in the States say that was Lee Masons last match as head ref.  That he would be moving permanently to the VAR desk. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

rebel

Add it all up, VAR + LATE GOALS CONCEDED (last 10 minutes), cost up points that might of kept us up. That's without Parker tactics and team selections.

filham

Blaming VAR for our relegation is avoiding the issue when averaging a goal a game at the Cottage could have saved us. Our total of nine goals at home spells relegation loud and clear.

richnj

It's not just VAR, but also let's count the "Fulham hand ball" rule that was changed mid season.  On average, VAR was against us, where I'd wager we lost at least 8 points, then another 6 by the stupid handballs that shouldn't have been.  That's 14 points.  More than enough to clear the hurdle and put us at 15th (without accounting for the mental impact staying out of a regulation battle would have had on performance).

RaySmith

That 'handball ' was against every idea of common sense interpretation of the Laws of the Game, and condemned by every pundit, which is  indicated by the previously unheard of decision to change the Law just after  it had happened - yet the decision stood, and we lost those precious points, and that wasn't the only time, as said.

But it seems a club like Fulham,  outside of the rich, powerful  money spinning elite, and just making up the Prem numbers as far as the Tv companies are concerned,  is considered completely unimportant, by the  powers that be, and the  match officials, who collude in making sure the  top teams' glamour and success, so attractive to worldwide TV audiences, isn't impeded.

junior white

Quote from: ALG01 on May 19, 2021, 04:01:20 PM
If we had have scored that goal, itr would not have been a goal
in our hearts i am sure most of us know that. and if we don't we should

I was unhappy with th referee through most of the match, the Var was an extension of him he should have gone to look at the monitor.
He has to be told too and for offsides that isnt an option anyway, they can only do that for penalties and red cards i believe

rebel

Quote from: filham on May 19, 2021, 05:20:56 PM
Blaming VAR for our relegation is avoiding the issue when averaging a goal a game at the Cottage could have saved us. Our total of nine goals at home spells relegation loud and clear.

I've just taken VAR and late goals as examples. I could write War and Peace on why we've been relegated. You probably don't remember my posts about 'pre season', getting all the transfers done early August and September. 

Bill2

I  can't speak for other clubs but I have been really fed up with the refereeing decisions. Too many to go into detail but here are some examples, why was Tarkowski not shown a yellow card for the professional foul, Lemina got one for a similar incident earlier on in the match. Why was Robertson shown  a red for his tackle on Aspalicueta when he caught him with his trailing leg, when Stirling did someone the other week he caught him with his leading leg of the floor studs up, only a yellow. Why was Fernando's not shown a red yesterday.  That's enough as getting annoyed.

Simply91

Yep. Our away win at Leicester springs to mind