watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker is a person

Started by _Putney_, May 10, 2021, 10:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Putney_

Scott Parker is a person with feelings. He is a human being.

Let's be critical but not overly harsh.  He did what he could. I don't, for a second, think he didn't give his all.  I will always thank him for his efforts at this club and personally hope he stays. It's been poor this season but oh well, we've gone down and gone up before!

Plodder

Completely agree. If people want a different manager, fair enough, that's a reasonable opinion to voice. But the sneering criticisms of his intellect, his press conferences, his dress sense, and even now for "shaking the hands of opposing players and coaching staff" - all unwarranted.

SuffolkWhite

Probably not the time to say too much tonight, but I just feel tactically we have messed up the last few games or so. I thank SP for his endeavour but lots of changes needed.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: _Putney_ on May 10, 2021, 10:04:38 PM

Let's be critical but not overly harsh.  He did what he could. I don't, for a second, think he didn't give his all.  I will always thank him for his efforts at this club and personally hope he stays. It's been poor this season but oh well, we've gone down and gone up before!
Of course he has feelings, but being a nice bloke is not as important as being good at your job.... He has shown he is not up to it... yes you can blame TK, but Scott doesn't getaway without criticism just because he has feelings... I'm sure his massive wages will offer him plenty of comfort.... no one wants to watch 46 games like that next season.... it was awful to watch and there were very few highlights....
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Lordedmundo

Agreed. Thanks Scott - but goodbye.

MartyFFC

Most insightful thread title in this forum's history

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on May 10, 2021, 10:10:12 PM

Of course he has feelings, but being a nice bloke is not as important as being good at your job.... He has shown he is not up to it... yes you can blame TK, but Scott doesn't getaway without criticism just because he has feelings... I'm sure his massive wages will offer him plenty of comfort.... no one wants to watch 46 games like that next season.... it was awful to watch and there were very few highlights....

You're the quintessential boring English football fan. "Look at all the money they make... they can be pissed on."

I think Scott did okay with what he had. It wasn't good enough, but he had to handle the players he had and they weren't good enough. And most of them weren't even part of the team for 3-4 games at the beginning. Fulham just isn't a big club. It's going to always be a struggle to stay in the Premier League.

3 Cherries

Most of us like the chap and most of us want him to walk

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on May 10, 2021, 10:17:51 PM

You're the quintessential boring English football fan. "Look at all the money they make... they can be pissed on."

I think Scott did okay with what he had. It wasn't good enough, but he had to handle the players he had and they weren't good enough. And most of them weren't even part of the team for 3-4 games at the beginning. Fulham just isn't a big club. It's going to always be a struggle to stay in the Premier League.
You know nothing.....
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

MikeCdawg

Says the person who said all our players are thick and brain-dead. Plus told anyone who thinks Anguissa is good to love off haha

The Cravenette

And you just called all our players thick and brain dead on the match day thread. They are people too

Lambo

Fulham1959

There are two certainties in life - death and taxes.

I'll add-in one almost-certainty :  football managers are appointed to be sacked around two years later (if they're that lucky!).

_Putney_

Quote from: MikeCdawg on May 10, 2021, 10:22:23 PM

Says the person who said all our players are thick and brain-dead. Plus told anyone who thinks Anguissa is good to fcuk off haha

Ah, the penny has dropped!

ChesterTheTabby

Here, here - top man that SP.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Texas White

I expect he is on his way to Spurs with Anderson. Tk hanging on for the cash

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on May 10, 2021, 10:20:07 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on May 10, 2021, 10:17:51 PM

You know nothing.....

I know much.

The Rational Fan

Scott Parker is a person with feelings. He is a human being. Let's be critical but not overly harsh.  He did what he could. I don't, for a second, think he didn't give his all.  I will always thank him for his efforts at this club and personally hope he stays. It's been poor this season but oh well, we've gone down and gone up before!

We all want this club to get better, spending our time blaming the right people doesn't help; and blaming the wrong people makes things worse. Instead, let's just see how we can improve. I would bring in Josh Maja, a head scout, an attacking coach, "penalties/set pieces/corners/throw-ins" coach, and then try to get promoted again.

RaySmith

Scott did well with the squad  he had.

The players did their best too.

But we just were unbalanced as a  squad, with no real attacking quality.
Look at Burnley - play like a team, with so many options to come on in attack, and can all score, with creative players too.

But I really feel for Scott, his coaching stafff, and the players.

We did well under the circumstances of this very unforgiving  league, and didn't have much luck , with awful reffing decisions, which  certainly made it seem that we weren't  wanted in the Prem elite, with top clubs favoured so blatantly, and even last night, a very good pen shout not even reviewed - that  would have got us back in the game.

Also, our most creative player injured for most of the season.

Well done  Scott and the players - they gave it their best shot, and i really feel for them.

COYW 049:gif