watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hopefully thats goodbye to Parker

Started by The Swan, May 10, 2021, 10:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

When Parker was first given the managers job when we were last in the Premier league I did not agree.
Then .
#When he was confirmed as our permanent manager I did not agree.
When he got us promoted via the playoffs I put my hand up to say I was wrong. I still did not like him as our manager
Hopefully we can get Eddie Howe in to guide us back to the premier League.
The Swan

Lozzer

Parker talking on Sky like he knows he will be sticking around.

Whitestone

Parker isn't the problem. Even if he were to go the next incumbent would face the same problems. It's the ridiculous influx of players in and out every summer.  There has been no stability on the playing side at our club for the last seven years or so. Most clubs would hope to bring in one or two players in a transfer window, that's reasonable, but at Fulham it's more like half a team or even more this season.

Bill2

Have to say the only parallel I can see between this season and 18/19 is that we went down with a whimper. Didn't see any fight or change of tactics from Scott, it all seemed to be that definition of insanity. See what he does over the next 3 games.

Penfold

Quote from: Whitestone on May 10, 2021, 10:47:35 PM
Parker isn't the problem. Even if he were to go the next incumbent would face the same problems. It's the ridiculous influx of players in and out every summer.  There has been no stability on the playing side at our club for the last seven years or so. Most clubs would hope to bring in one or two players in a transfer window, that's reasonable, but at Fulham it's more like half a team or even more this season.

Maybe one of the more statistically minded members can help. Somebody recently said to me we've had more players come and go in the just under 8 years that Shad Khan has owned the club, than in the the 16 years Al Fayed owned the club. Is this true?

bigalffc

I thought Scotty came across well after the game tonight, he deserves the chance to sit down with TK and sk and agree a plan to go forward. Get in the right players to win promotion next season and to build to stay in the premier. Give him the chance.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

FFC In Oz

Quote from: The Swan on May 10, 2021, 10:11:08 PM
When Parker was first given the managers job when we were last in the Premier league I did not agree.
Then .
#When he was confirmed as our permanent manager I did not agree.
When he got us promoted via the playoffs I put my hand up to say I was wrong. I still did not like him as our manager
Hopefully we can get Eddie Howe in to guide us back to the premier League.

I certainly hope so but I have this awful, nagging feeling that he will still be around for next season.

And I can almost guarantee if that is the case then we will be closer to the relegation spots than the promotion/playoff spots.

RaySmith

I think Scott should stay, get some continuity, have a plan rather than the knee jerk response of sacking the manager and having to start all over again from scratch, with some 'name,' like Magath or Ranieri  brought in.

I think Scott's done very  well with the players at his disposal, getting us up at first shout for a start.

I hope that relegation means we  can at least say goodbye to all the WUM's and fans of other clubs who infest this forum with their toxicity.

Mr White

No way will Parker get us back, he'll dilly dally,and take a eternity to get a team to gel
   The man has no imagination and he's not ruthless enough.

FulhamStu

Young managers look great, talk a really good game, players like them and relate HOWEVER, generally they play with fear, fear of losing.  Look at our past. Bracewell = Persil, Parker = 9 goals scored at home.  We lack experience on and off the pitch, someone to take a chance, we also have lacked creative quality all season and of course the biggest issue is our forward players AND midfield are goal shy.

Asotosyios

Quote from: RaySmith on May 11, 2021, 04:50:55 AM
I think Scott should stay, get some continuity, have a plan rather than the knee jerk response of sacking the manager and having to start all over again from scratch, with some 'name,' like Magath or Ranieri  brought in.

I think Scott's done very  well with the players at his disposal, getting us up at first shout for a start.

I hope that relegation means we  can at least say goodbye to all the WUM's and fans of other clubs who infest this forum with their toxicity.

The last was a very harsh and unnecessary comment. The fact that other fans disagree that Parker has done well with the players on his disposal and think that the football that he serves is boring, to say the least, doesn't make them WUMs - just Fulham fans that have a different opinion from yours.

You may not want a big name like Ranieri, while another may want a big name like Benitez and a third might want a young manager that has proven its worth in League 1 and League 2. We are all Fulham fans and want Fulham to do well, even if all of us would go about it in a different way.

You might believe (and it's your right) that Parker has done a geat job, but I think it would be rather extreme to say that a manager has done very well when his team just got relegated with 27 points and 25 goals in 35 games. That's not the picture I have in mind when I hear "very well done".