watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Star Likely To Demand Move Away If Scott Parker Stays In Charge

Started by Allestree andy, May 11, 2021, 12:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allestree andy

Aleksandar Mitrovic is unlikely to want to stay at Fulham if Scott Parker remains in charge next season, according to The Athletic.

Mitrovic was the Championship's top goalscorer last season as he helped Fulham to get promoted back to the Premier League last season.

But their defeat to Burnley on Monday night confirmed that they will be playing in the second tier again in the 2021/22 campaign after suffering relegation from the Premier League.

But Mitrovic might not be part of the team when Fulham take to the pitch in the Championship in the first game next season.

It has been claimed that the striker is unhappy at the club and will likely push to leave if Parker remains the Fulham manager.

The 26-year-old has been sparingly used this season despite Fulham's problem with scoring goals and more than half of his 26 Premier League appearances came from the bench.

Mitrovic is prepared to move on from Fulham if Parker decides to continue as manager at Craven Cottage.

though please who would you rather lose?
To the limit and beyond

ron

Both. It seems a common answer on threads today.

If Mitro is "not happy" as reported, he has no use or place here.

river phoenix

We will see how hard is to find a striker who can score 20+ goals a year next season without Mitro. He was criminally underused by Scott Parker.

The Rock

It's a tough one. Like the club as a whole, he's may be too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the PL. But I actually think with service he can shine and would be successful in the PL, but he's never had that kind of support with us like he has had with country. I think he would do well at the right club like in a Crystal Palace system under Roy where Zaha and the wingers can play around him as a target man.

To stay on point, if he wants to move on, the fee we should receive should buy a like quality striker, but would be happy to see him stay if improvements are made elsewhere.

First State

It obvious to me that a new chapter must be started. To that end, both must go.

jayffc

Yeh, no
Parker out,
Championship top scorer to stay.

Bring in someone who understands how to use him properly, yes I'm looking at you Slav.

Sammyffc

who in their right mind would keep scott over mitro for the championship ?

Deeping_white

Keep Mitro and bin Parker if it's a straight choice. Mitro bailed him out last season from his insipid tactics, and he made top tier championship players regress in their first season under him (BDR, Knockaert, Cav) and turned what should've been a rolls royce front three + BDR as a #10 into a borefest via inverted wingers.

With a proper manager who knows how to get the best out of his players we should win the Championship - if we had Bielsa instead of Parker (for example) it would be a turkey shoot

WORTHINGFULHAM

I like mitro, but if you look at a few things you soon realise that he is not the be all and end all. Good championship player but yet again struggled in the premiership,.very slugish, no pace and gets fustrated easy and goes rougue from time to time. Compare him to saha, and i would take saha all day long, pace, agility, technique. We need to improve our attacking options, from midfielders to strikers, keep.mitro then give him a permanent partner up top, if we use 1 striker then sell him and get someine a bit more athletic.

FFC In Oz

I would 100% rather keep Mitro than Parker if it were a choice between the two.

Sgt Fulham

Love Mitro, and may be crazy, but we need to start a new chapter. Mitro can get us to the Premier League, but can't keep us there.

toshes mate

Mitro has already demonstrated he can score goals.  All Parker has done over the past two years is frustrate and titillate in irritating cycles of confusion.  He hasn't really shown any penchant for exciting and entertaining football and has not improved one single player in the present squad.   Mitro can stay but Parker must go.

YankeeJim

Few strikers would thrive in all attack set ups. Mitro has more limits than he has talents. Exceptional in the air but plodding in pace. In the right setup he'd thrive. You all seem to forget that he won the Golden Boot last year under Parker. The problem with this team all this season is not Mitro or even BDR  & Cav, but a transition from the back to the front. Parker regularly started two defensive mids and sometimes three because he didn't have any attacking mids. Carney, while probably too one footed to be a star Prem attacker at least could do a few things. The alternatives  were either simply not good enough when not injured like Onomah or a pathetic excuse for a footballer like RLC.
Had we a healthy Carney, Mitro would have hit double figures in goals and the team would have been comfortably lower mid table. Having that ability would alleviate the need to have the back line in the center circle trying to create which would have made us less prone to having a center back defending on the run for 40 yards against a quicker and better ball handing attacker such as their first yesterday.
Parker had two options this season, play ping pong waiting for a defender to trip or play long ball all the time. I can't imagine the excessive noise on these threads had we become a Tony Pulis team.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

GrumpyWhite

Would get rid of both.

But if it was one or the other I would choose Mitro

Blawarmy

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on May 11, 2021, 02:21:35 PM
I like mitro, but if you look at a few things you soon realise that he is not the be all and end all. Good championship player but yet again struggled in the premiership,.very slugish, no pace and gets fustrated easy and goes rougue from time to time. Compare him to saha, and i would take saha all day long, pace, agility, technique. We need to improve our attacking options, from midfielders to strikers, keep.mitro then give him a permanent partner up top, if we use 1 striker then sell him and get someine a bit more athletic.
I can't believe you really think that Parker is the "be all and end all" do you?

Bill2

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 11, 2021, 05:12:15 PM
Few strikers would thrive in all attack set ups. Mitro has more limits than he has talents. Exceptional in the air but plodding in pace. In the right setup he'd thrive. You all seem to forget that he won the Golden Boot last year under Parker. The problem with this team all this season is not Mitro or even BDR  & Cav, but a transition from the back to the front. Parker regularly started two defensive mids and sometimes three because he didn't have any attacking mids. Carney, while probably too one footed to be a star Prem attacker at least could do a few things. The alternatives  were either simply not good enough when not injured like Onomah or a pathetic excuse for a footballer like RLC.
Had we a healthy Carney, Mitro would have hit double figures in goals and the team would have been comfortably lower mid table. Having that ability would alleviate the need to have the back line in the center circle trying to create which would have made us less prone to having a center back defending on the run for 40 yards against a quicker and better ball handing attacker such as their first yesterday.
Parker had two options this season, play ping pong waiting for a defender to trip or play long ball all the time. I can't imagine the excessive noise on these threads had we become a Tony Pulis team.
Jim, very good analysis the problem is about having a Number 10 who can play out from midfield and create space for the forwards, something our current contingent can't and can also pop up with a few goals. We are far to slow in bringing the ball forward our current crop set to want to pass the ball back instead of driving ti forward.

I Ronic

I didn't see anybody making an effort to give him the ball last night.

Nero

20+ goals strikers are hard to come by, bang average Managers are 2 a penny