watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The season starts now

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, May 11, 2021, 02:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORTHINGFULHAM

Now we are down, we have time to prepare for next season and that should start now.

Use some youth players in remaining games
Sell the dead wood too many players just not upto the grade of stepping up if promoted. We need a team that if promoted then can step up with a change here and there, not a new team suddenly assembled for the task at hand.
Another striker and attacking midfielders a must, if mitro goes 2 new strikers.
A new keeper.
A new captain
Get players that want to be here for the long run, loans are handy and can get you out of trouble but are not the solution to a short term fix.
We need to be decisive in the transfer market, act early and get the people we need, dont leave it last minute.
I think we should also keep parker, at least till xmas to keep the stabity and give him the chance to get us back top.of table.

Southcoastffc

Unless I've missed anyone out, these are our players on the books for next season:

Keepers: Rodak, Bettinelli, Fabri

Full backs: Christie, Sessegnon, Robinson, Bryan

CBs: Odoi, Hector, Kalas, Tosin, Ream, Kongolo, M Le Marchant,

Midfield: KMac, Reed, Onomah, Anguissa, BD Reid, Cairney, Johansen, Seri

Forwards:  Knockaert, Kamara, Mitrovic, Cavaleiro, Kebano

There is enough talent there to play attractive football and put in a strong challenge.  A decent manager could do very well with it.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

perry geyton

Art Vandelay

Let's hope we don't wait until the last day of the transfer window again to get our business done.

H3Matt

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 11, 2021, 02:52:17 PM
Unless I've missed anyone out, these are our players on the books for next season:

Add Tete to that. The Athletic saying Tete is more than likely to stay. Happy in London and his wages will be reduced with the rest of the squad as part of a clause. Parker will want to keep him, so we're not obligated to loan or sell him.

MJG

There is enough talent there to play attractive football and put in a strong challenge.  A decent manager could do very well with it.
Bettinelli, Fabri and Christie are out of contract but we have options on them.
Ream I can't find anywhere to say we have an option this summer, otherwise he's out of contract.
Kmac is out of contract same as Ream no option there.
Tete is contracted into next season.

I would like Kalas but not seen here for a while.
Just the views of a long term fan

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Art Vandelay on May 11, 2021, 03:04:52 PM
Let's hope we don't wait until the last day of the transfer window again to get our business done.

Wouldn't hold you're breath  :005:
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

toshes mate

Mmm, Hector or Kalas would make a nice debating topic but we have the former and not the latter ...

But the general situation of this set of players managed by Parker doesn't look very appetising to me.

Twig

Can't say I agree that there is enough talent in this group or that any manager could necessarily do very well with it (deduct Ream, Kalas, Betts, Fabri, KMac, Christie although I don't think it makes too much difference).  Rose tinted specs I think.

Lyle from Hangeland

Parker is a decent manager. Care to name some others?

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on May 11, 2021, 02:34:20 PM
Now we are down, we have time to prepare for next season and that should start now.

Use some youth players in remaining games
Sell the dead wood too many players just not upto the grade of stepping up if promoted. We need a team that if promoted then can step up with a change here and there, not a new team suddenly assembled for the task at hand.
Another striker and attacking midfielders a must, if mitro goes 2 new strikers.
A new keeper.
A new captain
Get players that want to be here for the long run, loans are handy and can get you out of trouble but are not the solution to a short term fix.
We need to be decisive in the transfer market, act early and get the people we need, dont leave it last minute.
I think we should also keep parker, at least till xmas to keep the stabity and give him the chance to get us back top.of table.

Agreed... I'm not anti-Tony Khan, but I wish he or someone under him was on this today. I have no faith that is the case.