Cairney

Started by Dodgin, May 15, 2021, 04:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordedmundo

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 17, 2021, 03:52:10 PM
Cairney been a big miss,
Quote from: Twig on May 17, 2021, 01:14:32 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 15, 2021, 04:56:17 PM
Carvalho looked better in that one game than Cairney's been all season.

This is a joke right?

Must be, Cairneys been a big big loss, biggest criticism aimed at him at this level is his workrate off the ball, for me he was closing players down & tracking back as well as I've seen from him prior to the injury

Yes - strange comment in my opinion.

If instead, it was that Carvalho looked better in one game than RLC's been all season then that would make much more sense!

In fact - worth noting that in the 8 games that Cairney started he contributed 1 goal and 1 assist, compared to RLC's 1 goal and zero assists across 22 starts! I'm certain that Tom would have made a positive difference had he been able to play more games...

Whitestone

Quote from: Riversider on May 17, 2021, 04:13:19 PM
Cairney is one of those players whose reputation improves the longer he is out,
Be honest with yourselves Cairney hasn't had a good game in years, when was he last voted man of the match ?
We haven't missed Cairney this season but we sure as hell have missed a creative midfield player, it really pi**es me off that we didn't sign Eze when we had the chance.

If you are serious when you say Cairney hasn't had a good game in years (I don't actually believe you are) I suggest it is you who should be honest with yourself rather than the rest of us because that simply isn't true.

sarvenpa

Quote from: Whitestone on May 17, 2021, 04:22:35 PM
Be honest with yourselves Cairney hasn't had a good game in years, when was he last voted man of the match ?
We haven't missed Cairney this season but we sure as hell have missed a creative midfield player, it really pi**es me off that we didn't sign Eze when we had the chance.

If you are serious when you say Cairney hasn't had a good game in years (I don't actually believe you are) I suggest it is you who should be honest with yourself rather than the rest of us because that simply isn't true.

Cairneys game against West Brom at home was just awesome, IHO.

filham

Sorry to say this but I am thinking that we may have seen the best of Tom Cairney.

TC's Sporran

west brom
did you not watch that game riversider?

TC's Sporran

Quote from: filham on May 17, 2021, 06:51:28 PM
Sorry to say this but I am thinking that we may have seen the best of Tom Cairney.

you may sadly be right. now both knees have been injured.
shame.
but you  never know.....

perry geyton

He'll be back
No point risking him this season at this point anyway, I think that's the logic

Twig

Err he was playing superbly directly before his injury.