watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Glass half full!

Started by We Are Premier League, May 17, 2021, 12:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Feels like there are two polar opposite ideas here (i) we need to sell most of the team and rebuild, or (ii) our current squad plus a small number of signings is one of the best in the league. I'm 100% in the latter, think we are much better positioned than we were 2 years ago.

Already a few clubs allegedly talking about Mitro and zambo so i will assume that they will leave. I also think Odoi, Seri, Fabri and Ream will depart. 

5 good signings (LW, ACM, CM, SC, SC) and we should be favourites for promotion.

Kamara/Reid

Bryan/Kebano                      Onomah/Carvalho                            Cavaleiro/Knockaert

Cairney/Reed/Johansen

Robinson/Sessegnon                                                                     Tete/Christie

Tosin/Hector/Kongolo/Mawson/Opuko/MLM

Rodak/Betts

hongkongfulham

In true non committal style i think we need a bit of both which I think you elude too. First team XI you list is not bad, but we need a front 3 who can change games and enact some fear in teams. Mitro can do that but its clear Scott will want mobile forwards, so if Scott stays, its in everyone's best interest to let Mitro go and reinvest. He needs to be loved and built around and SP has shown he has no interest in doing that. Cav, Knock, Kamara, (dont see Bryan playing there) are all not up to the task in my eyes if we want to take the game to teams. I like Kebano and would like to see him get a run of starts but thats totally a personal opinion and realise people will disagree.

The crux is though, that beyond the first XI there needs to be a big freshening up of things. Its so stale looking at our bench for next season, beyond the back four which looks quite well stocked. I'd love to see more young exciting guys like Carvalho seriously in contention to get the love back

St Eve

The problem is Cav, Knocks, Christie, Betts and MLM are just not good enough. Mawason, Kongolo, and Cairney are always injured. Stefjo will go. Most people don't rate Kamara ( not me) and he probably won't be back. The rest are very average. Our hope is Mitro stays and we can keep some of our loanees so we have something to build around. If not next season is going to be a huge struggle

Lozzer

Cav is good enough for the Championship.

Ss12white

I have exactly the same thoughts, But we have to
Really improve. We were lucky last year in championship, breaks my heart but Brentford we're better than us but we pulled a cup Final and came out better on the day. Currently we have a top ten championship side. No more.

Whitestone

The squad will be decimated over the summer.

We have six loanees who will most likely all leave. On top of that we have a number of squad players out of contract. Others that were out on loan who may not wish return like Johansen and Kamara. Then we have the situation with Mitro. Will he stay or will he go. Likewise will Anguissa stay or be sold. I hope he stays but suspect the latter to provide the finances to boost the squad next season.

We will need to sign seven players in the next couple of months and a every single one of them must be an improvement on the existing players, be ready made starters with the capability to perform in the Premier League if we are promoted.

bill taylors apprentice

I don't want to see any of the following in the squad next season, Kamara, Knockaert, Cavaliero, Christie, MLM, Mawson or Betts.

They may be championship quality but they do not enhance the team and their potential has peaked, a youngster or a find from the lower leagues would be a better bet.

Ream and Odoi should be thanked and let go and Johansen is unlikely to want to return.

I doubt much of the above will happen and we will have another season of players who are not quite good enough alongside some decent players and will require the usual massive leap in quality if promoted.

mrmicawbers

Johannes can do well for us next season.Can't see us allowing him to go to another Championship club.Think he will be fine as he will get game time.

mrmicawbers

filham

Quote from: St Eve on May 17, 2021, 02:01:55 AM
The problem is Cav, Knocks, Christie, Betts and MLM are just not good enough. Mawason, Kongolo, and Cairney are always injured. Stefjo will go. Most people don't rate Kamara ( not me) and he probably won't be back. The rest are very average. Our hope is Mitro stays and we can keep some of our loanees so we have something to build around. If not next season is going to be a huge struggle
Agree entirely. Surely we can all agree that Reid and Cav. hve failed this season and were below average last season in the Championship, they have got to be replaced.

bobby01

The thing that worries me is, a lot of players there were not in the original 25, shunted out on loan in the summer or winter, ignored,IMO, by the manager.
Therefore are they going to return and give their all when they know they will be shunted again when it suits.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: filham on May 17, 2021, 09:54:04 AM
Quote from: St Eve on May 17, 2021, 02:01:55 AM
Agree entirely. Surely we can all agree that Reid and Cav. hve failed this season and were below average last season in the Championship, they have got to be replaced.

Personally I disagree regarding Cav and BDR. I think they both have a part to play next season. Conversely, I think that Le Marchand, Seri, Kamara, Knockaert, Christie all need to be moved on/released. Others like Kebano and Johansen potentially as well, once we have replacements in place.

With regard to incoming players - assuming most if not all the loanees leave (plus Anguissa and Mitro sold), then I think it needs to be two decent strikers in, one defensive midfielder, one creative midfield to cover Cairney and possibly one winger.  There are at least 3-4 youngsters that can come in to the squad Carvalho, Jasper, Opoku, Stansfield) plus Steve Sess to return.  Unlike some people - I still think loans are ok, provided you limit it to just 1 or 2 and without the stupid obligation to buy clause!

Also, some thought needs to be given to the injury prone players in the squad - Mawson, Fossey and Kongolo. Can we rely on any of them being fit enough to play consistently, or should we consider releasing them/selling at a cut price? I think only Kongolo is worth persisting with for now.

SuffolkWhite

Some players will not want to Play for SP, so if he is in charge I think your looking at a major rebuild. Mitro Johansen Bryan etc etc etc could walk away from the Club imo.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

toshes mate

Who knows what 'Club Parker' is all about and whether or not the very mention of its 'possible' existence is going to prove an absolute disaster for all concerned when we find out who wants to risk staying for another year of trials and tribulations?  The OP defence doesn't inspire me one bit, and midfield and attack aren't much better.   This is what you get for not dealing with issues properly and professionally and it is only going to get worse IMO.  The Club certainly needs fresh young blood to replace the stalwarts and utility players who are closing in on retirement.  I would have expected the Club to have a unified working plan that they are following but I really don't believe there is real brain anywhere in the top echelon.

Robbie

A lot of players who were good three seasons ago are now a bit past it.
We will need a big refresh

WindyCity

All I can say is I hope the OP is right here.  Me, I'm not overly impressed with this outfit.  Especially if we would want to see a quick return back to the Prem.  I just don't see it.  Maybe good enough for mid/lower table?  But top six, very hard to see it.  I recall last year in the Champ FFC did not blow many teams off the pitch.  Mostly close games and the team really didn't become much better (defensively) until mid/late season with the addition of Hector who was very good and strengthened the backline.  Mitrovic contributed but only early on, he was missing for most of the late season promotion push.  Credit to the lads for winning the PO but this team just doesn't impress at the moment for an immediate return to top flight.

WindyCity

Can't see where goals are gonna come from.  Defense should be pretty solid.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: We Are Premier League on May 17, 2021, 12:41:13 AM
Feels like there are two polar opposite ideas here (i) we need to sell most of the team and rebuild, or (ii) our current squad plus a small number of signings is one of the best in the league. I'm 100% in the latter, think we are much better positioned than we were 2 years ago.

Before FFP, "Selling and Rebuilding" meant selling bad players for nothing (like Seri) and the owner buying good players (like Harrison Reed).

After FPP, "Selling and Rebuilding" means

• "selling good players (eg. Harrison Reed) to buy good players (e.g. Lemina)", which is pointless or
  • "selling cheap players (eg. Seri) to buy cheap players (e.g.  Jozabed Sánchez)" which is also pointless. 

Under FFP the "Selling and Rebuilding" is a waste of time. You cannot build a team by selling crap players for nothing and then get a number of great free transfers to replace them with. Selling our best players (like Anguissa and Mitro) may be part of a sensible strategy, but ultimately we need to increase not decrease the number of such players.

We need to keep focusing on keeping what we have and buying a key player here and there in each window. Even if we buy noone this window, we can improve our cohesiveness get promoted with more experience.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: WindyCity on May 17, 2021, 05:43:45 PM
All I can say is I hope the OP is right here.  Me, I'm not overly impressed with this outfit.  Especially if we would want to see a quick return back to the Prem.  I just don't see it.  Maybe good enough for mid/lower table?  But top six, very hard to see it.  I recall last year in the Champ FFC did not blow many teams off the pitch.  Mostly close games and the team really didn't become much better (defensively) until mid/late season with the addition of Hector who was very good and strengthened the backline.  Mitrovic contributed but only early on, he was missing for most of the late season promotion push.  Credit to the lads for winning the PO but this team just doesn't impress at the moment for an immediate return to top flight.

Agreed.

Not enough quality or cutting edge in the middle third and up top