watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker doesn't have that 'magic touch'

Started by rebel, May 18, 2021, 05:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

If we can't keep the existing squad (which looks unlikely), then he has to coach the new squad from 'zero' into his footballing method
(yes, Parkerball etc.). He's not Thomas Tuchel whose got Chelsea motoring, within weeks of arriving. Parker might take years to coach his methods to a completely new team. If the current squad want to stay, then I think that would be a good thing for the 'long' term.

colinwhite

A bit unfair actually in my view. I think Parker got all the new players on board quickly and sorted out our defensive unit very effectively. Tuchel took over underperforming players that Chelsea had payed a hell of alot of money for .

rebel

Quote from: colinwhite on May 18, 2021, 06:03:40 AM
A bit unfair actually in my view. I think Parker got all the new players on board quickly and sorted out our defensive unit very effectively. Tuchel took over underperforming players that Chelsea had payed a hell of alot of money for .

Yeah, 'sorted out our defensive unit very effectively', for 7 matches we conceded 2 goals, the next 7 matches we conceded 12, so sorted out, maybe not. Yes 'under performing', but they are at least 2 / 3 levels above what Lampard was able to achieve with them. Top 4 finish,
FA Cup Final and Champions League Final.

colinwhite

Tuchel didnt take over 7 starting loan players either. Look Parker is far from perfect but he did an excellent job on our defense which was ,given the mass of new players (none of which had been playing regularly before coming to us ) and that was far from a given so get off his back!

Mickeyboro

Had he not accepted his role as Tony's lapdog he would be putting those amazing coaching skills to work at Stevenage!

Show me one player who hasn't regressed under him... The defence as a whole has certainly gone backwards.

Lozzer

They haven't all gone backwards. They stayed at the same level while playing in a higher standard league.
Hector really impressed in the Championship didn't he? Did Parker coach him to play like shite from the word go this season?

Deeping_white

Quote from: colinwhite on May 18, 2021, 04:00:33 PM
Tuchel didnt take over 7 starting loan players either. Look Parker is far from perfect but he did an excellent job on our defense which was ,given the mass of new players (none of which had been playing regularly before coming to us ) and that was far from a given so get off his back!

Sorry but that's not true. Of the defenders, Tete had been playing fairly regularly for Lyon, Andersen was in and out of their team, Tosin played a full season of football which is the same for Robinson. Lemina was a regular for Gala, RLC granted was a sicknote, Lookman wasn't playing that regularly but was a cut above everyone else to begin with until Parkerball ruined him, and Maja was playing regularly for Bordeaux at long last. Areola hadn't been playing and that's why he came here, but he's been our PoTS so that kinda throws your argument out somewhat.

His excellent job on the defence lasted about 2 months because we've been dire defensively since the Liverpool game, and Rebel is hardly on his back - he's pointed out legitimate criticisms about Parker who has certainly contributed to our relegation and to suggest otherwise is blind loyalty to someone who really hasn't earned it.

rebel

Tuchel hasn't had 36 matches, Parker has had 36 matches, so they are the facts. The thing is Parker sorted out the defence, but the 'wheels' came off, there is no 'ryme or reason' why they should have. To believe otherwise is just an excuse. I've been pretty complimentary, I've said 'he's got a lot right, but a lot wrong', regards the mini - run, then the awful results.   

rebel

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 18, 2021, 04:30:00 PM

Sorry but that's not true. Of the defenders, Tete had been playing fairly regularly for Lyon, Andersen was in and out of their team, Tosin played a full season of football which is the same for Robinson. Lemina was a regular for Gala, RLC granted was a sicknote, Lookman wasn't playing that regularly but was a cut above everyone else to begin with until Parkerball ruined him, and Maja was playing regularly for Bordeaux at long last. Areola hadn't been playing and that's why he came here, but he's been our PoTS so that kinda throws your argument out somewhat.

His excellent job on the defence lasted about 2 months because we've been dire defensively since the Liverpool game, and Rebel is hardly on his back - he's pointed out legitimate criticisms about Parker who has certainly contributed to our relegation and to suggest otherwise is blind loyalty to someone who really hasn't earned it.

Agree 100%.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: rebel on May 18, 2021, 04:38:42 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on May 18, 2021, 04:30:00 PM

Agree 100%.

Agreed also

Whitestone

Lots of discussion about the defence but in all honesty that hasn't been the biggest problem this season. With a creative midfielder who actually contributed with goals and assists a right winger and another forward things might have turned out different. The defence have been let down by those in front of them consistently failing to get on the score sheet.

blingo

Our midfield is the biggest problem. It's far too defensive and not at all creative. We are also FAR too slow to break out of defence. There is no defending Parker in this. A decent manager would have kept us up.

bobby01

I keep seeing Parker sorted out the defence, we bought/loaned 4/5 new defenders, and put 2/3 dm, s in front of them.
Not as if he coached an improvement really.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Bassey the warrior

Improved our defence but our attack is not good enough and the same was true last year. We won't get promoted if we play the same way as last year as we were solely reliant on Mitrovic.

Twig

Having selected Ream tonight I have to agree, he has no magic touch whatsoever.

perry geyton

Shoulderless twit really outdoing himself today

I am glad he gave Ream a game though it's amazes me how Fulham supporters can slag him off, he's been such a good loyal servant to the club

Deeping_white

He's risked Reed coming back from injury in a pointless game only for him to go off injured inside 30 minutes, world class man management skills that