The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blawarmy

Quote from: Holders on July 23, 2021, 06:13:41 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 23, 2021, 05:18:27 PM
Wilson apparently done - 12m + addons

Are we happy?

If so, yes. It can't be said that Silva allowed it all to be left to the last minute. He could hardly have made his input much sooner.
Maybe Silva told Shad that one of the conditions for joining was getting business done early as he'd noticed we were always slow with transfers?

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 23, 2021, 07:45:48 PM

Are we happy?

If so, yes. It can't be said that Silva allowed it all to be left to the last minute. He could hardly have made his input much sooner.
Maybe Silva told Shad that one of the conditions for joining was getting business done early as he'd noticed we were always slow with transfers?

My understanding is that Silva has said he wants a winger, CM and a striker by the first game of the season. Those are the 3 key positions that need filling in his view. Anything else can come later. It's a strategy which I agree with tbh

Twig

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 23, 2021, 06:00:41 PM
Quote from: Jem on July 23, 2021, 02:13:09 PM
Quote from: filham on July 23, 2021, 12:07:55 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on July 23, 2021, 10:29:06 AM
Quote from: filham on July 23, 2021, 09:30:59 AM
Quote from: G_Gribby on July 23, 2021, 06:54:30 AM
QuoteI hope this Brazilian lad isn't to replace Mitro.

I don't think he is to replace Mitro, he's coming (if it happens) to add more speed and alternatives to the attack. We need to score more goals, that's pretty obvious.
I am starting to dream of two strikers up front in an attacking 4-4-2 formation, one with real pace the other good in the air all resulting in a regular 2/3 goals per game at the Cottage.

Watching Muniz clips he scored the majority of his goals with his head!
Right then, we just need the wide men who can deliver good crosses, can't remember the last time we saw one of them in action at the Cottage.
Les Barrett.
Les was such a great player.

I would suggest that Damian Duff was a pretty good crosser of the ball more recently.

So was Bjarne Goldbaek.

The Rock

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 23, 2021, 08:20:51 PM

Are we happy?

My understanding is that Silva has said he wants a winger, CM and a striker by the first game of the season. Those are the 3 key positions that need filling in his view. Anything else can come later. It's a strategy which I agree with tbh

We can agree to agree on that! Hopefully it is the Stef Jo's and pick your chronically injured CB's of choice that are shipped out rather than any of the would be starting 11.

Twig

Are we happy?

So do you know Silva?

Steven Ageroad

I don't think he is to replace Mitro, he's coming (if it happens) to add more speed and alternatives to the attack. We need to score more goals, that's pretty obvious.
I am starting to dream of two strikers up front in an attacking 4-4-2 formation, one with real pace the other good in the air all resulting in a regular 2/3 goals per game at the Cottage.

Right then, we just need the wide men who can deliver good crosses, can't remember the last time we saw one of them in action at the Cottage.
Les Barrett.

I would suggest that Damian Duff was a pretty good crosser of the ball more recently.

Damian Duff was the first instigator of the dark art of falling over when someone just touched him, Harry Kane reminds me of Duff every time he is tackled.

Twig

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 23, 2021, 09:04:03 PM

Les Barrett.

Damian Duff was the first instigator of the dark art of falling over when someone just touched him, Harry Kane reminds me of Duff every time he is tackled.

Duff was quick, could cross and was great to watch. What's not to like?

Riversider

The Sun are reporting tonight that Man City and Wolves are battling it out for the signature of Antonee Robinson for £10 million,
Can see him, Reed and Anguissa going to raise a war chest for new recruits, personally I'd miss all three if it happens.

junior white

Quote from: Tabby on July 23, 2021, 05:55:19 PM

Are we happy?

Bit expensive for me, but whatever. Hope he goes on to live up to the price tag.
12 million euros not pounds. 10 million pounds

Somerset Fulham

I honestly don't think we will miss Anguissa as much as is feared if/when he goes.

Chesh

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 23, 2021, 10:40:58 PM
I honestly don't think we will miss Anguissa as much as is feared if/when he goes.
[/quote
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 23, 2021, 10:40:58 PM
Nor do I - never seen any consistency that makes me care whether he goes or not..... lot of unsubstantiated hype just because we wasted £30 mill on him imo
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Statto

Quote from: Riversider on July 23, 2021, 10:30:10 PM
The Sun are reporting tonight that Man City and Wolves are battling it out for the signature of Antonee Robinson for £10 million,
Can see him, Reed and Anguissa going to raise a war chest for new recruits, personally I'd miss all three if it happens.

Zero chance of him getting in either of those teams. Most of us (including me) can't even decide if he should be starting ahead of Bryan. Sounds like another Tosin scenario where we overrate some of our own players and forget how poor we were with them at PL level

FFC1987

I'd be really disappointed if Robinson went. I know hes like marmite on here but his pace and athleticism is exactly what we lacked previous in the championship.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Riversider on July 23, 2021, 10:30:10 PM

Fulham want 25 million for Reed. No one will pay that. I'm sure he will stay

Hatch007

With StefJo departing that still leaves us with Reed, TC, Seri, Frank, Onomah & Carvalho. If Silva wants another CM at least one of the existing squad CMs must be departing. My money would be on Seri although I've read on here from more than one poster that Silva apparently rates Seri

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Hatch007 on July 23, 2021, 11:20:33 PM

With StefJo departing that still leaves us with Reed, TC, Seri, Frank, Onomah & Carvalho. If Silva wants another CM at least one of the existing squad CMs must be departing. My money would be on Seri although I've read on here from more than one poster that Silva apparently rates Seri

My money would be in Frank going

Whitestone

We probably need to sell one player this summer. So if selling Robinson means we keep Anguissa I'd call that a result. That said I hope we keep all of our regular starters that remain from last season.

Hatch007

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 23, 2021, 11:28:34 PM
My money would be in Frank going

Yeah, I can see why but Frank would be a BEAST in the Championship. Seri hasn't played for us for the last 2 seasons so he's an unknown quantity in a white shirt. Of the two, I'd rather keep Frank if he performs like he did up to Christmas last season. Hard to know how much contracting Covid affected him

jayffc

Are we happy?

Given our strongest links are Wilson, Grimes and Munir that would be the pretty obvious assumption

Well see I guess.
Dont know much about Grimes but like the look of munir and wilson

jayffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 23, 2021, 10:56:07 PM
I'd be really disappointed if Robinson went. I know hes like marmite on here but his pace and athleticism is exactly what we lacked previous in the championship.

If he just just cross a ball he's be gold dust!