https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can ANYONE please explain

Started by blingo, May 23, 2021, 07:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

The point in playing ANY of the loanees today???? :doh: :doh:

jarv

Agree. The loanee crap has to stop. Start building a proper team but sadly, it will probably take 3 years.

Having said that, Roy found some gems. They are out htere.

Sgt Fulham

So that we didn't get a repeat of Villa at home. Unfortunately we didn't play our two best loanees so we lost 2 nil anyway.

rebel

Anderson, not even on the bench. Parker probably told him to cut out his 'long passes', that's something he bought to the team.

Dougie

£3.2m difference in prize money between 18th and 19th is a reason. Not that it made a difference because thankfully Leeds did their job.

Bill2

If you had seen Josh and Frank in the 1st half you would have asked the question was there any point in playing our own players.  Lemina would have shown more passion.

grandad

Quote from: rebel on May 23, 2021, 08:17:48 PM
Anderson, not even on the bench. Parker probably told him to cut out his 'long passes', that's something he bought to the team.

Andersen picked up a hip injury at MU & was not passed fit.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ScalleysDad

Did you not see the bench? If all the loanees were given the day off we would have only needed a couple of deckchairs. Good to see some new names in the first team squad but the missing loanees plus the other absentees like Reed really showed up our lack of depth, options and choices. When RLC came on I would have howled the roof off in favour of Jasper but it seems RLC has mixed reviews on his performance so not a total failure. Maja and Francois got game time, Jasper made it to the squad and Carvalho started again whilst  three loanees, including the Player of the Season, were left on the bench. Really what else was there to do? What was your starting and finishing eleven then?

BestOfBrede

...so we didn't get stuffed!
No one can say Ream didn't do a great job today?

blingo

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 23, 2021, 09:01:26 PM
Did you not see the bench? If all the loanees were given the day off we would have only needed a couple of deckchairs. Good to see some new names in the first team squad but the missing loanees plus the other absentees like Reed really showed up our lack of depth, options and choices. When RLC came on I would have howled the roof off in favour of Jasper but it seems RLC has mixed reviews on his performance so not a total failure. Maja and Francois got game time, Jasper made it to the squad and Carvalho started again whilst  three loanees, including the Player of the Season, were left on the bench. Really what else was there to do? What was your starting and finishing eleven then?

I'm not paid £5m pa to pick the team Mr Scalley.

ALG01

i suspect anderson was arranged with the parent club not to play him as the game was a dead rubber and he is a hot and valuable property that need not get injured needlessly.

i would have liked to see him and the keeper but that was not to be.

i had no complaints in the last game in the prem which I was lucky enough to attend. the squad was simply never good enough. i did however really like the youngster carvalho who looks a real find, he was the highluit (and ream/tosin)

Logicalman

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 23, 2021, 09:42:09 PM

I have to say I cringed when I saw he was starting, but he had a reasonably good game today, not that he had much competition in the back row for that accolade! Unlike many on the board, I cannot understand why he is considered essential by some, but just accept that those people see aspects I have failed to find, my bad.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

blingo

Quote from: Logicalman on May 24, 2021, 01:16:54 AM

I have to say I cringed when I saw he was starting, but he had a reasonably good game today, not that he had much competition in the back row for that accolade! Unlike many on the board, I cannot understand why he is considered essential by some, but just accept that those people see aspects I have failed to find, my bad.

I'm with you on this Mr Logical. Two games without the usual disastrous pass and he's suddenly a great player. I don't see where, at his age, he is going to fit in to the rebuild we need to ensure that we never have another season as disastrous as the one we have just witnessed.

Bill2

Quote from: blingo on May 24, 2021, 08:47:11 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on May 24, 2021, 01:16:54 AM

I'm with you on this Mr Logical. Two games without the usual disastrous pass and he's suddenly a great player. I don't see where, at his age, he is going to fit in to the rebuild we need to ensure that we never have another season as disastrous as the one we have just witnessed.
A bit harsh about Tim's performance, thought he did well despite abysmal midfield performance not providing any outlet for him. Tried to carry the ball forward but difficult with no one making any runs for you.

Southcoastffc

IMO he was competent. Not great, not bad.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.